TOTAL EDUCATIONAL COURSES DETAILS AND OFFERING COLLEGES INFORMATION IN INDIA
Accountancy Courses In India
Accountancy - Chartered
The pattern of training for the Chartered Acountancy course has been revised with effect from October 2001. Instead of the Foundation and Intermediate examinations, we now have the Professional Education-I and Professional Education-II examinations. The papers and syllabi also stand revised and updated in tune with the emerging trends. The new pattern is as follows:
1.Fundamentals of Accounting
2.Mathematics and Statistics
4.Business Communication and Organisation and Management
PE - II Group I
3.Business and Corporate Laws
1.Fundamentals of Financial Management and Costing
2.Income Tax and Central Sales Tax
Final Examination : Group I
2.Advanced Financial Management
4.Corporate Laws and Secretarial Practice
2.Management Information and Control System
After the Plus Two stage, students can launch their PE programme comprising two parts that can be covered in nearly two years. Those who have a university degree with the prescribed minimum marks can however skip the PEI hurdle and directly join the PE II level training.
During the last six months of the practical training or thereafter, students can appear for the final examination. After passing the final examination, candidates have to undergo a short programme on General Management and Communication Skills. A brilliant and hard-working student can complete the programme in a total period of five years, become an Associate Member, obtain a Certificate of Practice and enjoy all the privileges and prerogatives of a chartered accountant.
There is no objection in undergoing a regular academic programme in a college during his preparation for the PE courses.
For further details, contact:
1.The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi-110 002
Website : www.icai.org
Western Region : www.wirc-icai.org
Southern Region : www.sircoficai.org
Eastern Region : www.eirc-icai.org
Central Region : www.circ-icai.org
Northern Region : www.nirc-icai.org
2.Deputy Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 122, Mahatma Gandhi Salai, Chennai - 600 034
Advertising Courses In India
List of Institutions
offering courses in Advertising and Mass Communications inIndia
Bhavan, Kasthurba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 1
2.Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kulapati K.M.Munshi Marg, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 600 007
3.Bhavan's Harilal Bhagvati College of Mass Communications, Race Course Road, Bangalore - 560 001
4.Bhavan's Institute of Communications and Management, FA/111 Salt Lake City, Calcutta - 770 064
5.Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi - 110 067
6.Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai - 76
7.Mass communications Research Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jamianagar, New Delhi - 110 025
8.Mudra Institute of Communications, Shela, Ahmedabad - 58
9.Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai - 400 056
10.Siddharth College of Communications, D.N.Road, Mumbai - 1
11.Somaiya College of Arts, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 7
12.Sophia College, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai - 400 026
13.University of Mumbai's Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East), Mumbai-8
14. Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication - Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075 Email : email@example.com Website : www.apeejay.edu
and Communications Management Programme is offered by
1.MCA, Ahmedabad - 380 058
2.NMIMS, Mumbai - 400 056
3.Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411 004
P.G.Diploma in Marketing Management is offered by:
1.Clarion College of Communication, Calcutta
2.NIS, a division of NIS Sparta Ltd., an NIIT Company, with centres in all major towns of India
3.Times School of Marketing, 10, Daryaganj, New Delhi-2
The MBA courses of reputed management schools also allow entry into the executive department of the Advertising sector.
To join as a Visualiser/Creative person in an advertisement agency, a degree or diploma in Fine/Commercial Art is the basic qualification.
Agriculture Courses In India
List of Institutions In India
1.AP Agricultural University, Agricultural College Bapatla AP
2.Acharya N.G.Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad - 500 030
3.Agricutlure College and Research Institute, Madurai TN
4.Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Agriculture Institute, Allhabad, Uttar Pradesh
5.Amar Singh College, Lakhaoty, Bulandshahar, UP
6.Anand Niketan, College of Agriculture, Murtizapur Road, Krishinagar, Akola, Maharashtra
7.AP Agricultural University, College of Agriculture, Aswaraopet, AP
8.AP Agricultural University, College of Agriculture, Naura, AP
9.AP Agricultural University, College of Agriculture, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
10.AP Agricultural University, SU Agricultural College, Tirupati, AP
11.Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat - 785 013
12.Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Mohanpur - 252
13.Birsa Agricultural University, Kanke, Ranchi - 834 006
14.Brahmanad Mahavidyalaya, Rath, Hamirpur, Up
15.BRD College, Deoria, Uttar Pradesh
16.Central Agricultural University, Imphal - 795 001
17.Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Seven Bungalows, J.P.Road, Versova, Mumbai - 400 061
18.Ch.Chhotu Ram (PG) College, Muzzaffarnagar, UP
19.Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur - 208 002
20.Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar - 4
21.College of Agriculture, Dhule, Maharahtra
22.College of Agriculture, Ehiplima, Sambalpur, Orissa
23.College of Agriculture, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
24.College of Agriculture, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
25.College of Agriculture, Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Parbhani, Maharashtra
26.College of Agriculture, Nagpur, Maharashtra
27.College of Agriculture, Pilocode, Nileswar, Kerala Ph:0499-780616
28.College of Agriculture, Pune, Maharashtra
29.College of Agriculture, Raichur, Karnataka
30.College of Agriculture, RAK, Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
31.College of Agriculture, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
32.College of Agriculture, Vellayani, Trivandrum, Kerala
33.College, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh
34.CS Azad University of Agriculture & Tech. College of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Kanpur, UP
35.Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh - 160 014
36.DR.Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola - 104
37.Dr.Y.S.Parmar University of Agriculture & Forestry, Solan - 230
38. Forestry Research Institute, Dehra Dun - 248 006
39.Gochar Mahavidyalaya, Rampur, Maniharam, Saharanpur, UP
40.Govt.Degree College, Jakhinio, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
41.Gujarat Agricultural University, Sardar Krushinagar - 506
42.Gujarat Agriculture University, College of Agriculture, Junagadh, Gujarat
43.Gujarat Agriculture University, NM College of Agriculture, Navsari, Valsad, Gujarat
44.Guru Nanak Dev University, Khalsa College, Amritsar, Punjab
45.Haryana Agriculture University, College of Agriculture, Kaul, Haryana
46.Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur
47.IIT-Kharagpur, Kharagpur - 721 302
48.Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi - 110 012
49. Indian Institute of Business Management, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad - 380015 (Offers :Post Graduate)
50.Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) Izatnagar
51.Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Krishak Nagar
52.Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Krishak
52.Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture at BHU, Varanasi - 221 005
53.Institute of Agriculture Sciences, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
54.Institute of Agriculture, AMU, Aligarh - 202 002
55.Janata College, Bakewar, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
56.Janata Mahavidyalaya, Ajitmal, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
57. Janata Vedic College, Baraut, Uttar Pradesh
58.Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur-4
59.Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur - 680 654, Ph:0487-370822
60.Kisan Degree College, Simbhaoli, Gahziabad, UP
61.Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth College of Agriculture, Dapoli, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
62.Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli - 415 712
63.Kshetriya Kisan College, Shamli, Muzaffarnagar, UP
64.Kulbhaskar Ashram Degree College, Allahabad, UP
65.KV Degree College, Machhra, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
66.Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri - 413 722
67.Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Krishi Nagar, Parbhani
68.Mohanlal Sukhadia, University of Rajasthan College of Agriculture, Udaipur, Rajasthan
69.Narendra Deva University of Agricultural & Technology, Faizabad - 224 229
70.National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal - 132 001
71.National Degree College, Barhalganj, Gorakhpur, UP
72.National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad - 30
73.North-Eastern Hill University School of Agricultural Science and Rural Development, Medziphem, Nagaland
74.Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar - 751 003
75.Palli-Siksha Bhavan, Institute of Agriculture, Visva Bharati, Santiniketan - 731 235
76.Pant University of Agriculture & Technology. Pantnagar
77.Postgraduate College, Rabindrapuri, Ghazipur, UP
78.Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana - 141 004
79.Raja Balwant Singh College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
80.Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner - 334 002
81.Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur - 848 125
82.RMP(PG)College, Narsan, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
83.RSM (PG) College, Dhampur, Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
84.Sher-E-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Shalimar Campus, Srinagar-191 121/Camp Office :Railway Road, Jammu - 180 004
85.Shri Durgali PG College, Chandesar, Azamgarh, UP
86.Shri Shivaji Agriculture College, Shivaji Nagar, Morshi Road, Amravati, Maharashtra
87.SMM Town Postgraduate College, Ballia, UP
88.Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore -3
89.Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Agriculture College, Killkulam, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
90.Tamil NaduVeterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai - 600 007
91.Trihut College of Agriculture, Dholi, Muzaffarpur, UP
92.Udai Pratap College, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
93.University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore - 560 065
94.University of Agricultural Sciences, Krishinagar, Dharwad - 5
95.University of Rajasthan, BBD Government College Chimanpura, Shahpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan
96.West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Calcutta - 700 037
International Focus In Agriculture
1.Institute of Fisheries Management, 22 Rushworth Avenue, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 LF
2.Institute of Horticulture, 14/15, Belgrave Square, London SWIX/8Ps
3.Marine Technological Society, 1828 L.St.NW., Suite 906, Washington DC, 20036-5104
4.National Fisheries Institute, 1525 Wilson Blvd, Suite 500, Arligton VA 22209
5.The Instituted of Agricultural Engineers, West End Road, Silsoe, Bedform MK 45 4DU
ANIMATION AND CARTOONS Courses In India -
Institutions offering courses in Animation and Cartoons in India
2.Aptech University (at Arena Multimedia Centres) www.arena-multimedia.comwww.aptechuniversity.ac.in
3. C-DAC, National Multimedia Resource Centre, Agricultural College, Near District Industries Centre, Shivajinagar, Pune 411005
4. C-DAC (www.cdac.in ) multi-location, A-34, Indl Area, Phase-VIII, SAS Nagar, Mohali-160071,www.cedtimohali.org
5. Centre for Development of Imaging Technology, Chitranjali Studio Complex, Thiruvallom PO, Thiruvananthapuram (Ker), www.c-dit.org
6. Film & Television Institute of India, Law College Road, Pune-411004 (Mah),www.ftiindia.com
7. Heart Animation Academy, 7A, Road, #12 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034 (AP) & Mumbai.
8. IIT-Guwahati North Guwahati, Guwahati-781039 (Ass), www.iitg.ernet.in
9. IIT-Mumbai, Industrial Design Centre, Powai, Mumbai-400076 (Mah),www.iitb.ac.in
10. National Institute of Design (NID), Paldi, Ahmedabad-380007 (Guj),www.nid.edu
11.Kerala Cartoon Academy, Chittor Road, Kochi
12.Toonz Animation India Private Limited, Nila Technopark Campus, Thiruvananthapuram-695 581. Ph:0471-2416928; E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
13.Pentamedia Graphics Limited, Chennai.
14.The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad,
15.ZICA Studios, Mumbai, Ph:022-8684485, 8693957,8696663
16.AFA-Animation And Fine Arts Academy,No.347, D.S.Complex, 3Rd Floor, Nehru Street
(Near Hotel Mangala International) Ramnagar, Coimbatore - 641009,Ph- 0422 - 4206227/ 8, 4206337 Website : www.afaanimationindia.com Institution Details : Click Here
17.RACE Animation College - 5th floor, Vista Grand Towers, Rajbhavan Road, Somajiguda,Hyderabad, Andrapradesh 500082 Website : www.race-india.com, Contact: Ph no 040 23323355
International Focus in Animation And Cartoons
1.Art and Design Admissions Registry, Penn House, 9, Broad Street, Herefore HR 4 9AP
2.Chartered Society of Designers, 29, Bedford Square, London WC1B 3EG
3.Design Council, 1,Oxenden Street, London SW1 4EE
4.National Art Education Association, 1916 Association Drive, Reston, VA 22091-1590
5.National Cartoonists Society, PO Box 20267, Columbus Circle Station, New York, NY 10023
6.National Society for Education in Art and Design (NSEAD), The Gatehouse, Corsham Court, Corsham, Wilts, SN 13 OES
ANTHROPOLOGY Courses In India
List of Institutions
offering B.A/B.Sc./M.A./M.Sc in Anthropology in India
1.Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam - 530 003
2.Bangalore University, Bangalore - 560 056
3.Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar, Berhampur, Distt, Ganjam, Orissa - 760 007
4.Dibrugharh University, Dibrugarh, Assam
5.Dr.Hari Singh Gour Vishwa Vidyalaya, Gour Nagar, Sagar, MP
6.Guwahati University, PO, Gopinath Bordili Nagar, Guwahati, Assam
7.Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar, Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh
8.Karnataka University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad, Karnataka
9.Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
10.Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur
11.Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar - 522 510
12.North Eastern Hill University, Shillong - 793 002
13.North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon - 425 002
14.Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur-492 010
15.Pune University, Pune - 411 007
16.Punjab University, Paliala - 147 002
17.Punjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh, Punjab
18.Ranchi University, Ranchi, Ranchi - 834 001
19.Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Orissa
20.Siddhu Kanhu University, Dumka - 814 101
21.Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati, Chittor District, AP
22.University of Allahabad, Allahabad - 211 002
23.University of Calcutta, Senate House, 87, College Street, Calcutta, West Bengal
24.University of Delhi, Delhi - 110 007
25.University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad - 500 046
26.University of Mumbai, Mumbai - 400 001
27.University of Mysore, Mysore - 570 005
28.University of Rajasthan, Jaipur - 302 004
29.Utkal University, PO Vani Vihar, Bhubaneshwar Orissa-4
30.Vidya Sagar University, PO Midnapore, West Bengal
31.Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh - 825 301
32.Visva-Bharati, PO Santiniketan-731 235
International Focus in Anthropology
1.The American Anthropological Association, 4350 N. Fairfax DR., Suite 640 Arlington, VA 22203
ARCHAEOLOGY Courses In India
List of Institutions In
1.Allahabad University, Allahabad - 211 002
2.Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam - 530 003
3.AP Singh University, Rewa-486 003
4.Bangalore University, Bangalore - 560 056
5.BHU, Varanasi - 221 005
6.Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur - 208 024
7.Deccan College of Post-Graduate and Research Institute, Yervada, Pune - 411 006
8.Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur - 9
9.Dr.Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar-470 003, MP
10.Dr.B.S.Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
11.Gujarat University, Ahmedabad - 380 009
12.HN Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar - 246 174
13.Kurushetra University, Kurukshetra - 136 119
14.Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri - 574 199
15.MS University of Baroda, Vadodara - 390 002
16.Nagpur University, Nagpur - 440 001
17.North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon - 425 002
18.Osmania University, Hyderabad - 500 007
19.Patna University, Patna - 800 005
20.Punjab University, Chandigarh - 160 014
21.Purvanchal University, Jaunpur - 222 002
22.Rani Durgavati Vishva vidyalaya, Jabalpur - 482 001
23.University of Calcutta, Calcutta - 700 073
24.University of Madras, Chennai - 600 005
25.University of Mysore, Nagarjuna Nagar - 522 510
26.University of Pune, Pune-411 007
27.Visva Bharati, Santiniketan-731 235
Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology (PGDA) of 2 years duration is offered by Archaeological Survey of Inida, Institute of Archaeology, 24-Tilak Marg, New Delhi - 110 001. Those who have completed M.A. in Ancient/Medieval Indian History or M.A./M.Sc in Archaeology with 55% marks are eligible for the course. (50% for SC/ST/OBC) Upper age limit is 27 years. Selection is based on written Test and Interview. Applications are invited in June and the session commences in October.
Two special programmes in Archaeology are offered by: Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management, 18-A, Satsang Vihar, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi - 67
a)Master in Conservation, Preservation and Heritage Management
b)Master in Archaeology and Heritage Management
The programmes are of 2 years duration and the course begins in July. Graduates in History, Archaeology, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany, Geology, Museology, Anthropology/B.E, B.Arch, B.Town Planning can apply. Admission is through an entrance test.
ARCHITECTURE Courses In India –
List of Institutions In India
1.Academy of Architecture, 278, Shanker Ghanekar Marg, Prabhadevi, Bombay-400 025, Maharashtra
2.Adhiyamann College of Engineering, Dr.MGR Nagar, Hosur - 635 125, Tamil Nadu
3.Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College of Engineering, Vadamavandal, Cheyyar Taluk, T.S.District - 604 410, Tamil Nadu
4.Bangalore Institute of Technology, KR Road, Visveswarapuram, Bangalore -560 004
5.Bengal Engineering College, PO Botanical Gardens, Howrah - 711 103, West Bengal
6.Bharat Institute of Science & Technology, 173 Agaram Road, Selaiyur, Tambaram, Madras - 600 073, TN
7.Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Architecture, Katraj, Dhankavadi, Pune - 411 043, Maharashtra
8.Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Architecture, Sector-8, CBD Opp. Konkan Bhawan, New Bombay - 400 614, Maharashtra
9.Bihar Institute of Technology, Patna University, Patna-5, Bihar
10.Birla Institute of Technology, PO. Mesra-835215, Bihar
11.BKPS College of Architecture, 2043, Sadashiv Peth, Tilak Road, Pune - 411 030, Maharashtra
12.BLDE Association's College of Engineering & Technology, Bijapur - 586 103, Karnataka
13.BMC's Lalit Kala Kendra, Pro-College of Architecture, Stawat Street, Chopda, Distt.Jalgaon - 425 107, Maharashtra
14.BMS College of Engineering, Post Box No.1908, Bangalore-560 019, Karnataka
15.Boarding House's College of Architecture, 1061p A, Shivaji Peth, Kolhapur-416 012, Maharashtra
16.BV Bhoomraddi College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli - 580 031,Karnataka
17.Calicut Regional Engineering College, Calicut-673 601, Kerala
18.Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh-160 012
19.Chandigarh College of Architecture, Sector-12, Chandigarh - 12
20. College of Engineering & Technology, Bhathinda-1, Punjab
21.College of Engineering and Technology, Bhathinda-1 Punjab
22.College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - 530 003, Andhra Pradesh
23.College of Engineering, Engineering College PO, Trivandrum - 695 016, Kerala
24.College of Engineering, Farmagudi, Goa
25.College of Fine Arts and Architecture, Mahavir Marg, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
26.CR State College of Engineering, Murthal. Dist. Sonepat - 131027, Haryana
27.Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Maleswara Hills, Kankapura Road, Southend of Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560 078, Karnataka
28.DC Patel School of Architecture, Vallab Vidyanagar - 288 120, Gujarat
29.Dr.Bhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture for Women, Karve Nagar, Pune-411 052, Maharashtra
30.Dr.D.Y.Patil College of Architecture, C/0.Dnyan Pushpa Vidyaniketan, Sector IV, CBD New Bombay - 400 614, Maharashtra
31.Dr.MGR Engineering College, Poonamalle High Road, Maduravoyal, Madras - 602 102, Tamil Nadu
32.DY Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Kasaba Bhavada, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
33.Faculty of Technology & Engineering, MS University of Baroda, Post Box No.51, Kala Bhawan, Baroda - 1, Gujarat
34.Goa College of Architecture, Home Science College Building, Near Fire Station, Campal, Panaji, Goa -1
35.Govt.College of Architecture, Tagore Marg, Lucknow 7, UP
36.Govt.Engineering College, Raipur - 492 010, MP
37.GS Mandal's Marathawada Institute of Technology, P Box No.327, Aurangabad - 431 005, Maharashtra
38.Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Bidar - Mallar Road, Bidar - 585 403, Karnataka
39.Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar - 143 005, Punjab
40.Guru Ramdas School of Planning, GNDU, Amritsar - 5
41.Hindustan College of Engineering, PO Box No.01, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Padur (Via) Kelambakkam Chinglepet District - 603 103, Tamil Nadu
42.HKE Society, Poojaya Doddappa Appa College of Engineering, Gulbarga - 585 102, Karnataka
43.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - 721 302, WB
44.Institute of Environmental Planning & Technology, 302 Appollo Tower, MG Road, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
45.IPS Academy School of Architecture, C/o.Indore Education & Services Society, Sita Building , 4, Yeswant Niwas Road, Indore - 452 003, Madhya Pradesh
46.Jadavpur University, Jadavpur, Calcutta - 32, West Bengal
47.Jagadguru Malikarjuna Murugharajendra Institute of Technology, Chitradurga, Karnataka
48.Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 110 025
49.Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College, N-6, CIDCO, Aurangabad - 431 003, Maharashtra
50.Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies, Vidyanidhi MargJuhu. Scheme, Bombay - 400 032, Maharashtra
ART Courses In India
List of Institutions at all India level
1.Apeejay Institute of Design, Thughlakabad Industrial Area, M.B.Road, New Delhi - 110 062
2.College of Arts and Crafts, Lucknow
3.College of Fine Arts, Kumara Kurupa Road, Bangalore - 1
4.College of Printing Engineering and Graphic Communication, 1786, Sadashiv Peth, Pune - 411 030
5.Delhi College of Art, Tilak Road, New Delhi - 110 001
6.Delhi Institute of Heritage Research & Management, New Delhi at 18-A, Satsang Vihar Marg, Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi - 110 067
7.Faculty of Fine Arts, M.S.University of Baroda, Pushpa Baug, University Road, Vadodara - 390 002
8.Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Madras, Chennai - 5
9.Faculty of Visual Arts, BHU, Varanasi - 221 005
10.Faculty of Visual Arts, Rabindra Bharati University, Calcutta - 700 050
11.Film Television Institute of India (FTII), Law College road, Pune - 411 004
12.Goa College of Arts, Altinho, Panaji, Goa - 403 001
13.Government College of Art & Craft, Patna - 800 001
14.Government College of Art and Craft, 28, J.L.Nehru Road, Calcutta - 700 016
15.Government College of Art and Craft, Khalikot, Berhampur University, Berhampur - 760 007
16.Government College of Arts and Crafts, Chennai - 3
17.Government College of Arts, Chandigarh
18.Indian Institute of Technology, Industrial Design Centre, Powai, Mumbai - 400 076
19.Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh - 491 881, Madhya Pradesh
20.Institute of Applied Arts, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001
21.Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 110 0025
22.Kala Bhavan, Vishwa Bharati University, Shantiniketan - 731 235
23.National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad - 380 007
24.National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (Deemed University), C/o National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi - 110 011
25.Nirmala Niketan 49, New Marine Lines, Mumbai -20
26.Raheja School of Arts, St.Martin Road, Bandra (West) Mumbai - 400 050
27.School of Broadcasting & Communication,Andhakshi Building; 37, Gilbert Hill Road, Near Bhavan's College, Andheri (w), Mumbai 400 058 India
28.Sir J.J. School of Art, Dr.D.N. Road, Mumbai - 400 001
29.Sophia College, B.K.Somani Polytechnic, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai - 400 001
30.University of Delhi, New Delhi - 110 007
31.Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar - 751 004
32.Women's Polytechnic, Maharani Bagh, New Delhi - 110 065
33.AFA-Animation And Fine Arts Academy,No.347, D.S.Complex, 3Rd Floor, Nehru Street
(Near Hotel Mangala International) Ramnagar, Coimbatore - 641009,Ph- 0422 - 4206227/ 8, 4206337 Website : www.afaanimationindia.com Institution Details : Click Here
AUDIO-VISUAL MEDIA Courses In India
List of Institutions in
1.Andhra University, Waltair - 530 003, Andhra Pradesh
2.Anna University Audio Visual Research Centre (AVRC), Chennai - 600 025
3.Ashok Kumar Academy of Dramatic Arts, Mumbai
4.Asian Academy of Film and Television, Marwah Studios Complex, FC - 14/15, Film City, Sector - 16A, NOIDA - 201 301
5.Bee Bee Infomedia Ltd, 6/121, Nityanand Nagar, 4, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 069
6.Bhartendu Academy of Dramatic Arts (Autonomous Training Institute, Dept. of Culture, Govt. of UP) Bhartendu Bhawan, Vishal Khand-1, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow - 226 010,Uttar Pradesh, Fax-0522-2300598, Ph.-0522-2398466
7.Department of Communication Studies, University of Pune, Pune - 411 007
8.Department of Mass Communication, Nagpur University, University Campus, Amravati Road, Nagpur
9.DR.B.S.Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad - 431 004
10.Film and Television Institute of India, Law College Road, Pune - 411 004
11.Film and Television Institute of Tamilnadu, Adyar, Chennai - 600 113
12.Image Acting School, Brahma Studio, Film City, NOIDA - 201 301
13.Indian Institute of Mass Communication, PPB No.21, Dhenkanal - 759 001
14.Indian Institute of Mass Communications, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU, New Campus, New Delhi - 110 067
15.Indira Memorial Institute of Film & Television Technology, Berhampur - 760 004
16.Institute of Film Technology, Adyar, Chennai - 600 020
17.Institute of Film Technology, Adyar, Chennai - 600 020
18.Manipal Institute of Communication, Udayavani Building, Press Corner, Manipal - 576 119
19.Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Milla Islamia, New Delhi
20.MS University, Vadodara - 390 002, Gujarat
21.National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad-7
22.National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi - 110 001
23.Osmania University, Hyderabad - 500 007
24.Pondicherry University, Kalapet, Pondicherry - 605 014
25.Rabindra Bharati University, 6/4, Dwarakanath Tagore Lane, Calcutta - 700 077
26.Rupam National Institute of Electronic Communication, Kunda, Amber, Jaipur - 303 101
27.Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur - 768 019
28.Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, E.M.Bye Pass Road, Calcutta - 700 094
29.St.Xaviers Institute of Communication, Mumbai - 1
30.Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication (SIMC), Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411 004
31.Technical Teachers Training Institute, Sector 26, Chandigarh - 160 019
32.University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad - 500 046
33.University of Mysore, Mysore - 570 005
34.University of Rajasthan, Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur - 302 004
The Film and TV Institute of India (FTII), Pune offers the following Film and TV courses: 1.Basic course in Film & TV courses: 1.Basic course in Film & TV. 2.Certificate Course in (i) Film Direction (Film & TV);(ii) Audiography (Film & TV); (ii) Cinematography (Film & TV); (iv) Editing (Film & TV). 3.Diploma Course in (i) Film Direction ; (ii) Audio-graphy; (iii) Cinematography; (iv) Editing
Aerospace Engineering Courses In India
An aerospace engineer builds light air vehicles. There is need no to feel that the task is beyond one's capabilities. More than special skills, what one needs is a fascination for aircrafts and their working. An engineering degree is a prerequisite for studying aerospace engineering.
Aerospace engineers can be employed with DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) or NAL (National Aeronautical Laboratories). For brighter career prospects, a Ph.D. is a must. After completing a degree course in Mechanical Engineering from IIT, you can do the Masters' in Aerospace Engineering and Ph.D.abroad. There are greater job opportunities for aerospace engineers, with many private companies entering the field of aircrafts and defence vehicles manufacturing. The sky is the limit.
Airlines Courses In India
It is generally thought that the job of an airhostess is very glamorous and exciting, as it includes flying and travelling. However, becoming one means you need to be in the air and on your toes all the time. Broadly, jobs in this industry can be categorised into two groups: ground personnel and flight personnel. Aircraft maintenance engineering is still a low profile career, as flying is normally associated with being a pilot or an airhostess. The engineers ensure the smooth running of the aircraft.
In the process of luring more people to spend more on air travel, airline operators are not only going to increase their infrastructure but also trying to extend efficient quality service. This is likely to open up a variety of job opportunities for people eyeing this glamorous world of flying. There is a lot of scope for growth even for aircraft engineers, but with changing technologies you need to be up-to-date with the latest in your field
ACTUARIAL SCIENCE Courses In India - Other The Actuary's Role
Actuaries provide professional services in a wide range of business and social contexts.
* Investment and Financial Services
* Life Insurance
* Health Insurance
* General Insurance
* Employee Retirement and Benefit Plans
A person is eligible to be considered for admission as student member if he / she satisfies the following conditions .
1. Should have completed 18 years of age
2. Should have attained anyone of the following Educational Standards
a. Passed 10+2 (H.S.C) or equivalent with at least 85% in Mathematics / Statistics
b. Graduate or Post Graduate in Maths/Stats/Econometrics
c. Any Engineer / CA / CS / MBA (Finance) / MCA
d. Any member of Society of UK / US / Australia
e. Fully qualified members of following Professional bodies such as
i. The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI)
ii. The Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI)
iii. The Institute of Financial Analyst of India(IFAI)
iv. The Insurance Institute of India (III) passing with subjects 81- mathematical Basis of Insurance and 82- Statistics
f. A students of following actuarial bodies provided atleast one subject has been passed from these bodies
i. Society of Actuaries , USA
ii. Casualty Actuarial Society, USA
3 . An application should be recommended by a member of professional body like such as Institute Of Chartered Accountant of India, Institute of Cost & Works Accountant of India and Institute Of Company Secretary of India
The study course of ASI is divided into four stages :
Core Technical Stage : This consists of 8 subjects each with one paper of 100 marks ( CT1 to CT8) and all are compulsory
Core Application Stage : This consists of 2 compulsoy subjects ( CA 1 to CA3) , CA1 consists of two papers 9 CA 1 and CA 1 2) whereas CA2 and CA3 shall have one paper each
Specialist Technical Stage : This stage consists of 6 papers ( ST1 to ST6) and the students would required to choose any two
Specialist Application Stage : This again shall consist of 6 papers (SA1 to SA6) and the student hasto clear anyone.
For an aspiring student, a high level of mathematics is extremely good.
Important Websites :
Actuarial Society Of India - www.actuariesindia.org
Institute of Actuaries - London - www.actuaries.org.uk
Institute Of Actuaries - Australia - www.actuaries.asn.au
Society Of Actuaries, USA - www.beanactuary.net
Insurance Regulatory AndDevelopment Authority - Hyderabad - www.irdaindia.org
List of Institutions In India
1. Bishop Herber College, Trichy, Tamil nadu - 620 017 Website : www.bhc.ac.in
2. Ernakulam Insurance Institute, C/O LIC Of India Divisional Office, Jeevan Prakash, M.G.Road, Ernakulam - 682 011
3. The National Insurance Academy, Balewadi Bancer Road, Pune.
4. College Of Insurance, Greeshnan Assurance Building, Sir PM Road, Fort Mumbai - 400 001
5. Insurance Training Centre , 25 Baranshi Glash Street, Calcutta - 700 007
6. College Of Vocational Studies, Delhi University , Triveni (Sheikh Sarai) Delhi - 110 017
7. Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karikudy, Tamil Nadu 630 003
8. Tolami Institute Of Management Studies, P.B.No.11 Adupur, Gujarat - 370 205
9. Kalyani University, Kalyani Nadia Dist West Bengal - 741 235
Advertising And Marketing Communications Courses In India
List of Training
Institutions In India
1. Indian Institute Of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Marg, JNU, New Campus, New Delhi - 110 067 URL :www.iimc.nic.in
2. MS University of Baroda, Fatehganj, Vadodara - 390 002, Gujarat URL:www.msub.edu
3. Mudra Institute Of Communications (MICA), Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 007, Gujarat URL: www.mica-india.net
4. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V.L.Mehta Road, Vile Parle(West), Mumbai - 400 056, Maharashtra URL: www.nmims.edu
5. National Institute Of Advetising, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi - 110 002 URL: www.nia.org
6. National Institute Of Design 9NID), Paladi, Ahmedabad - 380 007, Gujarat URL: www.nid.edu
7. Sir JJ Institute Of Applied Art, Dr. DN Road, Mumbai - 400 001
8. University Of Delhi, College of Art, Tilak Marg, New Delhi - 110 002
9. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms , URL :www.wiganindia.org Email: email@example.com
10. Xavier's Institute Of Communication, St. Xavier's College , 5, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai - 400 001 , Maharashtra URL: www.xaviercomm.org
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Courses InIndia
List of Institutions In
1. Bharat Institute of Aeronautics , Patna Airport, Patna-800014
2. Hindustan Institute of Aeronautics , 5,TempleView, (Near Neori Mandir) Lalghati, Bhopal-462 332 , Madhya Pradesh
3. Indian Institutes of Aeronautics House No.55, Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi-110 026
4. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science , P-254, Jessore Road,Michael Nagar, Kolkata-743 296West Bengal
5. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur-831011
Aromatherapy Courses In India
List of Institutions
offering Courses In Aromatherapy
1. FFDC, Ministry of SSI, GOvt Of India, Markand Nagar, Kannauj - 209 726 (U.P) Phone : 05694-237491, 234465, Fax : 05694-235242 Website :www.ffdcindia.org Eamil: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Keller Eduction Trust, VG Vaze College, Mulund East , Mumbai - 400 081 Phone : 022-25682979, 25671422/23 Fax: 25914262 Website :www.vazecollege.net Eamil : email@example.com
( The institute offers two years fulltime Post Graduate Diploma in Perfumery and Cosmetic Management(PGDPCM) covering different dimensions of aromatic art and perfumery. Minimum eligibility for the course : Graduates with Chemistry as the main or subsidary subject or graduates in any subject with two years experience in the related field)
Certificate Courses :
1. Pivot Point India, Delhi Webiste :www.pivotpointindia.com
2. Delhi School Of Management, A3, Akashdeep, New Delhi
3. New Lifestyle Clinic Academy, 259, 2 nd Floor, Abhishek Complex, 17th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleswaram
4. Shahnaz Husain Women'sWorldInternational Schoolof Beauty, M 106, Greater Kailash, New Delhi.
1. Regent Academy, 6 John Street, London Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. College of the Botanical Healing Arts, 1821-17th Ave.(Near Capitola) Santa Cruz CA Post Box 3621,
Research Institute :
1. Organica Aromatics Pvt Ltd., Plot No. 407 , 11th Cross, 4th Phase , Peenya, Bangalore - 560 058
List of Institutions in
1. Akbar Peerbhoy Girl's Polytechnic, 92, D.N. Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
2. Government Polytechnic for Women, Adyar Chennai.
3. Habib's Hair Academy, M-3, South Extension-II Ring Road, New Delhi-110 049.
4. International Polytechnic for Women, 1860, Sector 34-D, Chandigarh.
5. Polytechnic for Women, A-3, South Extension-1, Ring Road, New Delhi-110 049.
6. Schnell Hans Beauty School, 111, Mistry Chambers, Colaba, Mumbai-400 005.
7. Shahnaz Hussain's Women's World International, B-40, Greater Karilash-1, New Delhi-110 048.
8. Shahnaz Hussain's Women's World International, Sea Bird Building, Bandra, Mumbai-400 005.
9. South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Lajpat Nagar, IV, New Delhi-110 024.
10. Women's Technical Training Institute, YWCA, Asoka Road, New Delhi.
st of Institutions in
Major institutes/universities in India, offering a specialised course in this line are:
1. Institute ofBioinformaticsand Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) inBangalore
2. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi provides courses in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology. IIT Kharagpur also provides various courses in this area. You need to qualify IIT-JEE Entrance exam for admission into IITs.
3. There is an Advanced (Graduate) Diploma in Bioinformatics offered by the Bioinformatics Centre at the JawaharlalNehruUniversity.
4. Madurai Kamaraj University in Madurai, claims to have been the first in the country to initiate a bioinformatics programme and advanced diploma in bioinformatics at its School of Biotechnology.
5. The University of Pune,Maharashtra offers an Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatics at the Bioinformatics Centre.
6. Bioinformatics Institute of India, C56 A-28, Sector 62 Noida ( U.P ) 201 301 INDIA Ph No. 0120-5320801/02, 9312355740(M) Web:www.bii.in - offers a corespondence course on one year Industry Program in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Informatics, Clinical Trial and Clinical Research, Pharma Regulatory Affairs, Biotechnology. Institute is also offering various online Program throughwww.biionline.org
7. Mar AthanasiosCollegefor Advanced Studies (MACFAST), Thiruvalla, Kerala-689 101; ph:0464-2733534, 2603332, 2703874;
Cheminformatics, the combination of chemical synthsis, biological screening and data-mining approaches used to guide drug discovery and development, will be the most sought after science in coming future. The integration of cheminformatics with related disciplines such as genomics, proteomics and the application of these sciences are the most sought-after careers across the globe.
Institute of Cheminformatics Studies, C-56A/28, Sector - 62Noida - 201301, UP(INDIA), Tel : 0120 - 4320801/02 , Mob: 09312355740 E-mail: email@example.com , Mobile: 09312355740 Website :www.cheminformaticscentre.orgFor 24 hour helpline call on - 09312355740 -offers a Post Graduate Diploma course of one year duration in Cheminformatics.
BIOTECHNOLOGY & GENETIC ENGINEERING -
List of Institutions in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Marg, New Delhi-110 029.
2. Amravati Uaniversity, Amravati-44 602
3. Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan-304 022
4. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-641 046, TN
5. Bose Institute, P-1/12, CIT Scheme, VII Kankurgachi, Calcutta-700 054.
6. Calicut University, Kozhikode-673 635, Kerala
7. Centre for Biotechnology,AnnaUniversity, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-25.
8. Centre for Biotechnology,PondicherryUniversity, Pondichery-605 014.
9. Centre for Plant Molecular Biology, Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641 003
10. Consortium India Ltd,. G-6, (3rd Floor), NDSE Part 1, New Delhi.
11. Department of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
12. Department of Biotechnology, GuruNanakDev University, Amritsar-143 005.
13. Department of Biotechnology,JadavpurUniversity, Calcutta-700 032.
14. Department of Biotechnology,PunjabUniversity, Goa-5.
15. Department of Marine Sciences, Goa University, Goa-5.
16. Department of Microbiology,M.S.University, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
17. Department of Zoology,Poona University, Pune-411 007,Maharashtra.
18. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431 004.
19. Faculty of Applied Science, MahatmaGandhiUniversity, Kottayam-686 560, Kerala.
20. Faculty of Science, G.B, Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar-263 145, Nainital Dist. Uttar Pradesh.
21. Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar, Haryana.
22. HimachalPradeshUniversity, Shimla-171 005.
23. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012.
24. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560 012.
25. Indian InstituteofTechnology, Haus Khas, New, Delhi-6.
26. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-723 102.
27. Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai-400 076.
28. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243 122, Uttar Pradesh.
29. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Masab Tank, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad-Anadhra Pradesh.
30. JawaharlalNehruUniversity, New Delhi-110 067.
31. Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 011.
32. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-136 119.
33. NorthMaharashtraUniversity, Jalgaon-425 002.
34. Osmania University, Administrative Building,Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh-500 007.
35. Pt. RavishankarShuklaUniversity, Raipur-492 010, Chhattisgarh.
36. Punjab Agricultural University,Ludhiana,Punjab.
37. Punjab University, Patiala-147 002.
38. Rajendra Agricultural University, PO Pusa, Samastipur, Bihar.
39. School ofBiologicalSciences, MaduraiKamarajUniversity, Madurai-625 021.
40. School ofBiotechnology,BanarasHindu University, Varanasi-221 005.
41. School of Life Sciences,Central University, Hyderabad-500 134.
42. Swami RamanadTeerthMarathwadaUniversity, Nanded-431 603.
43. Tezpur University, Tezpur-784 001.
44. University of Delhi. Delhi-110 007.
45. University ofHyderabad, Hyderabad-500 046.
46. University of Kerala, Thiruvananthaouram-34, Kerala.
47. University ofMadras,CentenaryBuildingChepauk, TriplicanePO, Chennai-600 005, Tamil Nadu.
48. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
49. University of Roorkee, Roorkee-247 667.
Further study in this field would involve a doctoral research. A success in the CSIR-UGC JRF examination would be ideal for this. Some of the centres where Biotechnology labs are equipped with advanced facilities are:
1. National Facility for Microbial Type Culture Collection (MTCC) atInstitute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh.
2. National Facility for Collection of Blue Green Algae (BGA) Collection at IARI, New Delhi.
3. National Facility for Marine Cyanobacteria atBharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli.
4. National Facility for Plant Tissue Culture Repository at NBPGR, Pusa, New Delhi.
5. National Laboratory Animal House Facilities at Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow.
6. National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad.
Genetic Engineering labs with latest infrastructure facilities are :
1. BHU, Varanasi
2. Biochemical Engineering Research and Process Development Centre at IMTECH, Chandigarh.
3. Centre for DNA Finger Printing and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad.
4. JNU, New Delhi
5. MaduraiKamarajUniversity,Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
6. National Facility for Animal Cell and Tissue Culture, Pune
. 7. National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi.
8. The Indian InstituteofScience, Bangalore.
BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
List of Institutions in
1. OsmaniaUniversity,Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
2. South GujaratUniversity,Surat, Gujarat.
3. Mangalore University, Karnataka.
4. University of Mysore, Karnataka.
5. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, MP.
6. School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi.
7. Guru NanakDevUniversity,Amritsar,Punjab.
8. University of Madras, TN
9. Anna University, Madras, TN.
10. University of Roorkee, UP.
Institutions Offering Diploma Courses:
1. National Institute of Construction Management and Research, TVB Premises, Sector 'D', Procket 2, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110 070.
2. National Institute of Construction Management and Resear-ch's National Academy of Construction, Izzet Nagar, Hydera-bad-500 019.
3. National Institute of Construction Management and Research, 25/1, Balewadi, (PO) N.I.A. Pune-411 045.
Biomedical Research Institute In India -
Some of the ICMR &
Some of the non-ICMR institutes , which provide training in different areas of
biomedical research, are :
* Regional Medical Research Centre for Tribals - ICMR , Garha, Jabalpur - 482 003
* Desert Medicine Research Centre - ICMR New Pali Road,Jodhpur - 342 005
* Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research , Chandigarh - 160 012
* All India Insitute of Medical Sciences, Ansari nagar , New Delhi - 110 029
* Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Nacharam , Hyderabad - 500 076
* Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology , Uppal Road, Hyderabad - 500 007
* Central Drug Research Institute , Chattar , Manzil Lucknow - 226 001
* National Institute of Nutrition - ICMR Hyderabad - 500 007
* Food and Drug Toxicology Research centre (FDTRC), NIN Campus Hyderabad - 500 007
* National Institute of Virology - ICMR Pune - 411 001
* Tuberculosis Research Centre - ICMR Chetput , Chennai - 600 031
* Institute of Immunohaematology - ICMR Parel , Mumbai - 400 012
* National Institute of Cholera and Anteric Diseases - ICMR Beliaghata,Kolkata - 700 010
* Institute of Pathology - ICMR Safdarjang Hospital Campus, New Delhi - 110 029
* National Institute of Occupational Health - ICMR , Meghani Nagar , Ahmedabad - 380 016
* National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health - ICMR , Parel Mumbai - 400 012
* Vector Control Research Centre - ICMR , Indira Nagar, Pondicherry - 605 006
* Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy - ICMR , Tajganj, Agra - 282 001
* Malaria Research centre - ICMR , Sham nath marg , Delhi - 110 054
* National Institute of Epidemiology - ICMR Chetput Chennai - 600 031 Tamil Nadu
* Institute of Cytology and Preventive Obcology - ICMR, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110 002
* Enterovirus Research Centre - ICMR Parel, Mumbai - 400 012
* Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences - ICMR , Agam Kuan , Patna - 800 007
* Centre for Research in Medical Entomology - ICMR , Chinna Chokkikulam , Madurai - 625 002 Tamil Nadu
* National AIDS Research Institute - ICMR , Bhosari, Pune - 411 026
* Regional Medical Research Centre - ICMR , Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar - 751 023
* Regional Medical Research Centre - ICMR , Dibrugarh - 786 001
* Regional Medical Research Centre - ICMR Port Blair - 744 101
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
List of Institutions in
List of Training Centres Head Quarters
1. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts ofIndia(ICFAI) Road No3. Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500 034.
1. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi-835 215.
2. Institute of Financial Management and Research, Nungam-bakkam, Chennai-600 034.
3. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies,V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-56.
4. S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (W) Mumbai-400 058.
5. Somaiya Institute of Management, Vidyanagar, Mumbai-7.
6. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubbaneshwar-751 013
Details about ICFAI Courses can be had from the different study centres
Study Centres in Kerala
1. The ICFAI University, Rukiya Bagh Bldg, Ist Floor, Near Deepa Theatre, Ravipuram, MG Road, Ernakulam-682 016, Ph: 0484-2369763, 2382294.
2. Calicut: 2nd Floor,KannankandyBuilding, (Opp. Noble auto Agencies), Near Arayadathpalam, PO Pathiyara, Mavoor Road, Calicut-673 004, Ph: 0495-2722660.
3. Kollam: Ist Floor, CSI Building Near Dhanya Theatre, CSI Christ Church Charitable Society Building, Kadapakada, Kollam-691 008, Ph: 0474-3091485.
4. Kottayam: 3rd Floor, Logos Centre, Losos Junctio9n, Sastri Road,Kottayam MunicipalityWard 9/1478, Kottayam-686 001, Ph: 0481-2561131.
5. Thrissur: 3rd Floor, Marva Arcade, Above Lord Krishna Bank, Room No. 806/19, M.G. Road, Corporation Ward No. 25, Thrissur, Ph: 0487-3090920
6. Trivandrum : TC No. 24/459 (3), Ist Floor,Suganth Building, (Opp.Kerala State Council Child Welfare), Music Academy Road, Thycaud, Trivandrum-695 036, Ph: 0471-2320853, 2321302.
Private Pilot License Explained
Step By Step Guide From Start to Finish Save Thousands on Wased Training
Basic qualification for pilot training is successful completion of 10+2/equivalent with 50% marks in Physics and Maths. The applicant should have completed 17 years of age. The first step in Pilot training is acquiring of Student Pilot Licence (SPL). Thereafter he can start flight training to get Private Pilot Licence (PPL). This includes 60 hours of flying comprising 20 hours of dual flying, 20 hours of solo flying and 5 hours cross country flying. Theoretical examination's have to be passed in subjects like Air Regulation, Navigation, Aviation Meteorology, Aircraft and Engines, After PPL another 190 hours of flying training is required for Commercial Pilot's Licence (CPL) i.e., a consolidated 250 hours of flying training. A flight radio operators licence and radio telephone licence have to be obtained. During CPL, the candidate should have exposure to a range of aircraft and fulfill other conditions like specified hours of solo flying, cross country flying and height flying. Theeoretical papers have to be cleared and medical tests passed. It usually takes 2 to 3 years before required flying hous and classroom learning are completed. Entry to the PPL course is through an entrance test conducted at certain centres. The test is based on subjects like English, General Knowledge, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Applications are called in April and sent to The Director General of Civil Aviation (Training Section) Technical Centre,Opp.Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.
Training Centres in India :
1. Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd. 201/202, Comet, Opp Bandra Talao,Turner Road, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400050 India. Website : www.carveraviation.com Tel: +91-22-2642 0138
2. Andhra PRadesh Flying Club, Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
3. Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati-7.
4. Bangalore Aeronautics Technical Services, Mysore Aerodrome, Karnataka.
5. Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna-1.
6. Chimes Aviation Academywww.caaindia.com
7. Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
8. Faculty of Flight Safety Services, Delhi Flying Club Ltd. Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.
9. Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore-452 005, MP.
10. Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderabad-500 026.
11. Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.
12. Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore-560 064.
13. Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Hasni Road, Baroda-390 006, Gujarat.
14. Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Fursatganj Airfield, Rea Bareli-229 302, Uttar Pradesh.
15. Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome,Jamshedpur,Bihar.
16. Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, PO Sahnswal, Ludhiana, Punjab.
17. Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra.
18. Orient Flight School, Adminstrative Office 40, GST Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai-600 016,
Operations at Civil Aerodrome, Pondicherry -605 008.
19. Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi-110037.
20. The Bombay Flying Club, Juhu Aerodrome, Juhu, Mumbai-400 049.
21. Udan Flying School, Indore-452 005, Madhya Pradesh.
22. West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta-700 060.
23. Career Aviation, #102 VBF Plaza, Airport Road, Bangalore - 560 008 Website : www.careersaviation.com
24. Chimes Aviation Academy (CAA),Dhana Airstrip, PO Dhana,Sagar, MP,India470 228 ,Phone Numbers : 07582-308100,98736 62370 ,Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.caaindia.com
25. AeronautX Flight Training, 402 Belfer, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400,050 Tel: +91.98190.19098 Website:www.AeronautX.in
Pilot Aptitude Test :
The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRAU) is the Premier flying institute in India. The Akademi offers opportunity to ascertain ones aptituted for flying through the Pilot aptitude Test. The assessment report is issued immeditely after the test.
For licensing inquiries in U.K. Contact :
1. Civil Aviation Authority, Flight Crew Licensing, Aviation House, South Area, Gatwick Airport, Gatwick, West Sussex RH6 OYR.
For list of Certified Pilot Schools in U.S - Contact :-
1. Superintendent of Document, US Goverment Printing Office. Washington, DC-20402.
2. Airline Pilots Association, 1625, Massachusetts Avenue NW, WashingtonDC20036.
Flying Clubs Online
Private Pilot License Explained
Step By Step Guide From Start to Finish Save Thousands on Wased Training
2. Indian Pilot Training
3. American FlyingAcademy-www.americanflying.com
4. West London Aero Club -www.wlac.co.uk
5. Airline Pilot Training -www.cptprogram.org
6. BasairAustraliaProfessional Flight Training - www.basair.com
7. International Airline Training Academy,Inc -www.flyiata.com
8. Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) Europe-www.pilotgroundtraining.com
9. Air Fleet Training School-www.airfleettraining.com
10. Discounted Pilot Supplies -www.mypilotstore.com
ist of ICSI Offices
1. ICSI House, 22, Institutional ARea, Lodi Road, New DElhi- 110 003.
Regional Council Centers:
1. EIRC, 18-A, Everest House (18th Floor), 46-C, Chowringhee Road, Calcutta-700 071.
2. NIRC, ICSI-NIRC Building, Plot No.4, Prasad Nagar, Institutional Area, (Behind Kalindi College), Rajindra Place, New Delhi-110 005.
3. WIRC, No. 13, Jolly Maker Chambers, No. 11 (Ist Floor), Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
4. SIRC, No. 4, WheatCrofts Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai-600 034.
Following Chapters of ICSI in Kerala will provide application forms and details of the programme.
1. Tiruvananthapuram Chapter,UtsavamadamBuildings, Kattayikkakan, Phone 0471-2451915.
2. Kochi Chapter, North Railway Station Road, Phone 0484-2392950.
3. Kottayam Satellite Chapter, Eranjal RoadKottayam.
4. Thrissur Satellite Chapter, Paliyam Road, Phone 0487-2331112.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India - Know More
International Training :
The ICSI in association with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA),London, has organised a programme whereby Company Secretaries fromIndia can by successfully completing 3 papers offered by ICSA, get international certification. This will enhance their prospects abroad.
The ICSI has also established a centre for Corporate Research and Training to provide opportunities for higher education in this sector. The National Law School of India University (NLSIU)Bangalore, a prestigious centre for legal education also allows for Doctoral Research in this field. The ICSI also offers a Post-Membership Qualification Course in Capital Markets and Financial Services to allow members to gain progiciency in new areas like capital markets and financial services.
International View :
The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators,
16 Park Crescent,
London WIN 4 AH.
COST AND WORKS ACCOUNTANCY
Addresses of the
Regional Councils of ICWAI
1.The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India, 12, Sudder Street, Calcutta - 700 016 West Bengal (Head Quarters)
2.Northern India Regional Council of ICWAI, 3 Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi - 110003
3.Southern India Regional Council of ICWAI, 65, Montieth Road, Egmore, Chennai - 600 008 Tamil Nadu
4.Western India Regional Council of ICWAI, Rohit Chambers, Ghoga Street, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001
5.Eastern India Regional Council of ICWAI, 84, Harish Mukherjee Road, Calcutta - 700 025
List of Institutions
offering Diploma Courses in Counselling in India
1.Annamalai University, PO. Annmalai Nagar - 608 002, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu, Ph: 38259, 38283,
2.Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Nalanda Parisar, 169, Ravindra Nath Tagore Marg, Indore - 452 001, Madhya Pradesh, Ph: 527532,
3.Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla - 171 005, Himachal Pradesh, Ph : 230 890, 231321,
4.Karnataka University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad - 580 003, Karnataka, Ph : 747 121,
5. Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot GramodayaVishwavidyalaya, Chitrakoot - 485331, District Satna, Madhya Pradesh, Ph : 65413, 65411
6.National Council of Educational Research & Training, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi - 110 016
7.Punjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh - 160 014, Ph: 541945, 541716,
8.Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Saraswati Vihar, Pachpedi, Jabalpur - 482 001, Madhya Pradesh, Ph : 321452, 320785
9.Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal - 462013
10.Regional Institute of Education, Mysore - 570 006
11.SNDT Women's University, 1, Nathibai Thakersey Road, Mumbai - 400 020, Maharashtra, Ph : 22031879,
12.The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Opp.Drug Laboratory, Shastri Bridge Road, Fatehganj, Vadodara - 390 002, Gujarat, Ph : 795 600, 795521,
13.University of Madras, Centenary Buildings, Chepauk, Triplicane PO, Chennai - 600 005, Tamil Nadu, Ph:2568778 (10 lines),
14.University of Mumbai, MG Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 032, Maharashtra, Ph:22652819-25,
Degree & P.G.Courses in Criminology
1.Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 202 002
2.Andhra University, Waltair, Visakhapatnam - 530 003
3.Dr.Harisingh Gour Vishwa Vidyalaya, Gour Nagar, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh - 470 003
4.Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Admedabad-380 009
5.Karnataka University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad-3
6.Maharashtra Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi-221002
7.Nagpur University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
8.Punjab University, Sector-14, Chandigarh - 160 014
9.Tata Institute of Social Science, Deonar, Mumbai - 400 088
10.University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai-600 005, Tamil Nadu
11.Utkal University , Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar - 751 004
Institutions offering courses in Criminology for those who have completed LLB
1.University of Jammu, Jammu Tawi - 180 004
2.University of Lucknow, Lucknow - 226 007
3.University of Pune Ganeshkind, Pune - 411 007
4.University of Rajasthan, Jaipur - 302 004
List of Institutions in
1. College of Ceramic Technology, 73, Abinash Chandra Banerjee Lane, Calcutta-700 010.
2. Indian Institute of Ceramics, Care: Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, P.O.JadavpurUniversity, Calcutta-700 032.
3. Institute ofTechnology,Banaras HinduUniversity, Varanasi-221 005, Uttar Pradesh.
4. P.D.A. College of Engineering, Gulbarga-585 102. Karnataka.
5. University College of Science and Technology, 92, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Calcutta-700 009.
It is not easy to
precisely define the boundary of chemical sciences (or simply chemistry),
because the discipline lies along the spectrum between physics on the one hand
and biology on the other. It overlaps and permeates both of these sciences to
such an extent that at the interface there is in fact, no clear distinction
between them. An idea about the vastness of the subject can be had from the
contents pages of the Chemical Abstracts (1907), the world’s most complete
guide to chemical literature published by the American Chemical Society.
Its 80 sections are arranged in five broad groupings labelled as Biochemistry (Sections 1-20), Organic Chemistry (21-34), Macromolecular Chemistry (35-46), Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (47-64), Physical, Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry (65-80). Such hybrid names as medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, agricultural chemistry, environmental chemistry, geochemistry, fuel chemistry, petroleum chemistry attest to the wide spread usefulness of chemistry and its close links with other fields of sciences and applied technology. Nevertheless, chemistry may be defined as a subject which is concerned with synthesis, prosperities and reaction of molecules (i.e., the combination of atoms) and the chemistry is the most utilitarian of all sciences which has lent its name to a major segment of the manufacturing industry called chemical industry.
Of all the sciences, it has the closest link to the world of economics and business. It is only in recent times that electronics have found their way into this regime. The application of chemistry for productive purposes has given rise to an engineering discipline called Chemical Engineering. To begin with, it was described as a branch of applied chemistry, because it looked into the special needs of large scale manufacturing of chemical products. Later, it developed into a distinct and unified discipline drawing upon the principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics and mechanical and electrical engineering discipline with roots in chemistry.
As a subject of study, Applied Chemistry (or its variant form, Industrial Chemistry) is taught in the Science Faculties of universities. Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, on the other hand, are dealt with in the Engineering Faculties. This explains the interchangeable award nomenclatures – viz., Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).
Chemistry as one of the subjects is offered at the B.Sc. level. Many universities also offer B.Sc. honors degree in chemistry. A small number of universities, in addition to chemistry as a general subject, have introduced several sub-fields of chemistry, such as Agrochemical, Textile Chemistry and Geochemistry as one of the combinations at the B.Sc level. In Tamil Nadu several colleges, which have introduced Application Oriented Courses within the curriculum structure of B.Sc, offers as many as six sub-fields of chemistry as combinations – viz., Agricultural Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Dye Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry. Students may opt for not more than two of these subjects.
At the postgraduate level, more than two of these subjects. Indian Institutes of Technology at Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur and Mumbai offer Chemistry. ThePondicheriUniversity has introduced a five-year integrated M.Sc programme in sciences open to 10+2 passed candidates. First five semesters are common for all the three subjects, viz., Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Students can then opt for one of the subjects for the subsequent six semesters. Besides, a number of universities have introduced at the postgraduate level such specialized courses as Analytical Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry.
Postgraduate diplomas of one-year duration in related subjects are offered by some universities, e.g., Analytical Chemistry – SNDT Women’s University (Mumbai), University of Mumbai; Industrial Chemistry – University of Pune, Sardar patel University (Gujarat), Textile Chemistry-Jai Narain Vyas University (Jodhpur), MS University of Baroda.
Pre-doctoral and doctoral courses are available in most of the universities which offer M.Sc (Chemistry) course. Indian Institute of Science (Bangalore) has an integrated PhD programme in Chemical Science. Candidates possessing B.Sc degree with chemistry or biochemistry as one of the subjects at the B.Sc level and mathematics or chemistry or physics at the 10+2 level are eligible for the course.
A number of research institutions including those under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), such as, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (Hyderabad), National Chemical Laboratory (Pune), Central Leather Research Institute (Chennai) are recognized university centres for pursuing doctoral research. Candidates possessing valid UGC-CSIR NET scores can take advantage of this facility as Junior Research Fellows.
Chemistry considered as the "mother" science offers a wide range of career opportunities in such diverse areas as teaching, research, chemical and related industries, consultancy and entrepreneurship. Entering the teaching profession needs valid UGC-CSIR NET score or State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) score. As stated earlier, UGC-CSIR NET score is also a passport to research career although those who do not need such financial supports can also pursue research work. Persons with industrial experience can either opt for consultancy, advising others on how to set up chemical industries or can themselves enter into the venture.
List of Institutions in
India M.Sc in Specialised Areas of Chemical Sciences :
Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra-282004
Gulbarga University, Gulbarga-585106
Karnataka University, Dharvar-580003
University of Madras, Chennai-600005
University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400032
Northern Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Sardar University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120
Shivaji University, Kolhapur-416004.
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam-530003
Avinashlingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore-641041
Barkatulla University, Bhopal-462026
Bharathiar University, Tiruchirapally-620024
Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi-682022
University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore-452001
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad-500028
Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474011
M S University of Baroda, Vododara-390002
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Osmania University, Hyderabad-500007.
Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner-334002.
Alagappa University, Karaikudi-623003.
Alagappa University, Karikudi-630003
University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Dr Babasahheb Ambedkar Marathawada University, Aurangabad-431004
Dr B R Ambedkar University, Agra-282004
Guru Jambeshwar University, Hissar
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005
Kakatiya University, Warangal-506009
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-132119
Madras University, Chennai-600005
Mahatma Gandhi Chitrkoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Chitrakoot-485331
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Osmania University, Hyderabad-500007
University of Pune, Pune-411007
Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120
Shivaji University, Kolhapur-41600
Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded-431603
Vikram University, Ujjain-456010.
Gulbarga University, Gulbarga-585106
Karnataka University, Dhanwar-58003
University of Madras, Chennai-600005
University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400032
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120.
Osmania University, Visakhapatnam-530003
Gulbarga University, Gulbarga-585106
Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai-400076
Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi-110025
Karnatak University, Dharwar-580003
University of Madras, Chennai-600005
University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400032
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-580003
Sardar Patel University, Ballabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120.
Pesticide and Agrochemicals
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001.
Lucknow University, Lucknow-226007
Indian Institute of of Technology, Mumbai-400076
Jamai Milia Islamia, New Delhi-110025
Karnataka University, Dharwar-580003
University of Madras, Chennai-600005
University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400032
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Sardar Patel University, Ballabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120
Shivaji University, Kolhapur-416004.
University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-695034
University of Madras, Chennai-600005
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001
Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur-482001
Sardar Patel University, Ballabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388120.
Rural Industrial Chemistry
Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya, Chitrakoot-485331 Satna.
Osmania University, Hyderabad-500007.
Alagappa University, Karaikudi-623003
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005
Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur-342001
M S University of Baroda, Vadodara-390002
Computer Networking Courses In India
The basic qualification
for getting into networking is preferably a Degree / Diploma in Computer
Science / Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication followed by a course in
Computer Hardware. People with non-engineering background who possesses good
knowledge of Computer fundamentals can also enter this field.
In addition, recruiters prefer certain global certifications. Some of the popular International Certifications available for LAN/WAN Administration are MCSE, UNIX Admin, LINUX Admin, CNE,etc.,Whereas for WAN Administration you need CCNA,CCNP,CCDA,CCDP,CCIE.
Internet Security is an emerging technology in networking, which can be implemented by using Firewalls. A large part of the firewall implementation worldwide is done by Checkpoint/Computer Associates.
However, the most prefered certification is VUE Prometric as it covers most certifications - irrespective of the vendor platform. Coaching facilities for clearing the various online tests for certification are offered at a number of Authorised Training Centres(ATCs) of the company. You can clear the test within 6 months of gaining some practical hands-on experience at any hardware establishment specialising in system integration. For list of ATCs log onto www.prometric.com
Best IT Cert Study-Guides Software
For details of other certifications log onto :
1. CISCO - www.cisco.com
2. Computer Associates -www.computerassociates.com
3. Juniper - www.juniper.com
4. Microsoft -www.microsoft.com
5. Nortel - www.nortel.com
6. Novell - www.novell.com
7. Sun Microsystems -www.sunmicrosystems.com
Chromotherapy Courses In India
The word 'chromo' is
derived from Greek, which means 'color' . The word 'therapy' means 'curative
treatment'. The term chromotherapy literally means curative treatment by means
ofcolours. Chromotherapy is also known as chromopathy is also known as
chromopathy, colour therapy, light therapy, Heliotherapy or colourology.
Chromotherapy or colour therapy is one of the alternative systems of medicine based on seven colours ( Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red, abbreviated as VIBGYOR) of the solar spetrum or colour spectrum.It is a method of treatment of diseases / disorders using colours. According to this system, the cause of any disease / disorder could be traced to the lack of a particular colour in human system and the imbalance could be restored by means of applying colour.
Colour And Their Healing Properties :
Colour therapy is best used as a supportive therapy along with other natural methods such as proper diet, adequate rest and relaxation, exercise, yogic asanas and so on. It is often combined with hydrotherapy and aromatherapy.
Those who practice colour therapy often relate the seven colours of the colour spectrum to seven specific areas of the human body known as the chakras. The chakras are believed as the specific spiritual energy centres of the body. Chakra is the Sanskrit word for 'wheel' Each of the seven colours of the spectrum and its associated specific healing properties or therapeutic effects and the corresponding chakra in the body (with its positions) are discussed hereunder in brief.
In colour therapy, violet colour is associated with one of the seven chakras located at the top portion of the head. Violet is considered as the colour of emotions and meditative ( thoughtfulness). It promotes enlightenment. Colour therapists use violet to soothe (calm/ease) organs, to relax muscles, and to claim the nervous system. A person with an excess of Violet colour will express fanaticism and domination.
The colour Indigo is linked with one of the chakras seated at the lower part of the forehead. Indigo is believed to have cooling and calming effects. It is applied in health treatment for eyes, ears and nose and mental problems. It is also used to treat addiction. A person with an excess of the colour Indigo will experience corruption, pride and arrogance.
Blue colour is connected with one of the chakras positioned in the throat region. Blue is the colour of peace and infinity. it promotes communication and knowledge. The colour blue is said to have a very positive effect on all kinds of pain conditions. it eliminates toxins, and is used to treat liver disorders and jaundice. Excess of Blue colour in a person will bring about doubt, distrust, apathy, and melancholy.
Green colour is coupled with one of the chakras situated near the heart region. Since it is located in the middle of the colour spectrum, green colour is associated with a harmorizing (balance) effect. Colour therapists use this colour to treat bronchitis, whooping cough, inflammations of thejoints and swellings. A person with an excess of green colour will experience lethargy, lack of motivation, insecurity and jealousy
Yellow colour is concerned with one of the chakras sited at the solar plexus region. Yellow is the brightest of the colours that are commonly used in colour therapy. It balances he adrenal glands, heals skin troubles, and hels diabetes. it also purifies blood, helps digestion, and has a cleansing effect. A person with an excess of yellow colour will express lack of concentraion, malice and deviousness.
Orange colour is pertaining to one of the chakras spotted near the pelvis / groin area. Orange symbolizes the rising Sun. Orange being a mixture of red and yellow, according to chromotherapists orange stands for kind-heartedness and warm-heartedness of an individual. It is beneficial in the treatment of kidney and gallstones, hernia and appendicitis. A person with an excess of orange colour will express confusion, tiredness and pessimism.
Red colour is related to one of the seven chakras placed at the basal region of the spine. Red colour is symbolic of heat, fire and anger. It is a stimulating and energizing colour. Red has also been called the low blood pressure, rheumatism, paralysis, anaemia and tuberculosis. A person with an excess of red colour could express domination, physical cruelty, anger and vulgarity.
To become a chromotherapist or a colour therapy practitioner, an aspirant should take a course in chromotherapy, either a diploma course ( D.G.T.C.T - Diploma in Gem-Tele-Chromo Theropy, six months or one year course ) or a Bachelor Certification course ( B.G.T.C.T - Bachelor in Gem-Tele-Chromo Therapy , a two year course) in alternative systems of medicine. Minimum eligibility to study these courses can be studied either by regular classes or through correspondence courses. Presently, thenumber of institutions offering these courses is very limited in India. However, the two major institutions, which offer Diploma / Bachelor Cetification courses in chromotherapy is given below.
1. Institute of Health Care and Research, 5, Nandan Road, Kolkata - 700 025 (West Bengal). Website :www.altmedinstitute.com
2. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicines 9 The Open International University for Alternative Medicines), 80 Chowringhee Road, Kolkata - 700 020 ( West Bengal) Website : www.altmed-university.com
In addition to the above mentioned courses, chromo-therapy is also taught as one of the subjects in degree course ( B.N.Y.S - Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, a five and half year's course)
Dairy Technology deals with all methods of handling milk from production and consumption and includes processing, packaging, storage, transport and physical distribution. Based on the sciences of biochemistry, bacteriology, and nutrition, Dairy Technology employs the principles of engineering. Its objectives are to prevent spoilage, improve quality, increase shelf-life, and make milk palatable and safe for human consumption.
The foundation of Anand Milk Union Ltd, more well known by its acronym AMUL, in 1946 led to the development of the dairy industry and gave momentum to education in dairying. Before that, there was not even a single college offering exclusive graduate degree programme in dairying. Traditionally it was the part of veterinary and animal husbandry courses. The first dairy science college was established at the National Dairy Research Institute in Karnal (Haryana) which now offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in dairy technology.
At present, there are eleven dairy science colleges which offer first degree level courses leading to BTech (Dairy Technology) of BSc (Dairy Technology). Of these, National Dairy Research Institute (Karnal and Bangalore) and the Sheth MC College of Dairy Science (Anand) have been identified as centres of excellence. The Karnal and Anand colleges have established modern commercial dairies with the financial support of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). An automated dairy plant having a capacity of one lakh litres named Vidya Dairy became operational at the Dairy Science College, Anand in 1994. All operations in this dairy are carried out by students under the supervision of dairy staff and teachers.
The Bachelor’s degree course is of four-year duration. The eligibility requirement is a pass in 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics. In most of the States the admission is made on the basis of entrance test common to other agricultural and animal science courses. There are also diploma level courses in the subject. Three well-known diploma courses leading to Indian Dairy Diploma (IDD), are offered by the Dairy Science Institute (Aaray, Mumbai), Allahabad Agricultural Institute, and the State Institute of Dairying (Haringhata, West Bengal)., NDRI (Bangalore) has a National Dairy Diploma (NDD) course of two-year duration. Many general universities now offer dairy science as vocational subject at the BSc level. Dairying is also available as a vocational subject for the 10+2 level education.
Master’s degree courses in dairy science and dairy technology are offered by 17 institutions which include several agricultural colleges, colleges of veterinary science and animal husbandry. The nomenclature of the awards varies viz., MSc (Dairy Science), MVSc (in Animal Husbandry and Dairying). Admission to postgraduate programmes in such disciplines as Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Microbiology. Quality Control is also offered by Dairy Science Colleges at Karnal and Anand which are also open to general science graduates. In the Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur), Dairy Engineering is offered as part of BTech (Hons) in Agricultural and Food Engineering and MTech in Dairy and Food Engineering besides PhD in Dairy Engineering and Dairy Technology. Six universities have introduced PhD courses. Annexure 1 gives a comprehensive list of institutions offering courses at different levels.
The establishment in 1965 of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and the promotion of the “Operation Flood” scheme by it, gave a great fillip to the dairy industry in India. The spectacular growth of the dairy industry in the last two decades had created various demands for indigenous production of dairy equipment, increased quality standards and production of varieties of milk products. This has resulted in the progressive development of dairy equipment manufacturing industry and technical consultancy organisations and have also given impetus to research and teaching. Such notable expansion of the dairy processing and related industries has opened up vast career opportunities for dairy technologists and engineers.
There are now more than 400 dairy plants in the country making various types of milk products. They need good qualified and well trained personnel to run the plants efficiently. The growth of the dairy processing industry has also encouraged the indigenisation of dairy equipment. Most requirements of the dairy industry are now met indigenously. Presently, there are over 170 dairy equipment manufacturers. Many of them undertake turnkey jobs. The industry has two distinct kinds of jobs: (1) equipment design and fabrication and plant design; and (2) project execution. These jobs can be performed by a dairy technologist with an aptitude in engineering.
The dairy technologists can also undertake consultancy work. A successful consultant, however, needs several years of working experience in dairy firms to understand the nitty gritty of the work. Besides opportunities for teaching and research, dairy technologists can start their own enterprises such as small-scale milk plants, creamery, ice-cream units. Dairy India (A – 25 Priydarshini Vihar,Delhi110092) is an excellent source of information about dairy education and industry. It is frequently updated.
List of Institutions
1.Archarya N.G.Ranga Agricultural University, College of Veterinary Science (Dairy Technology Programme), Tirupati - 517 502
2.Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad - 211 007
3.Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad - 500 030
4.Dairy Science Institute, Asrey Milk Colony, (Government of Maharashtra), Mumbai - 400 064
5.Dr.Panjabrao Deshmuk Krishi Vidyapeeth, College of Dairy Technology, Warud (Pasad), PostMoha - 445 204
6.Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, College of Agricultural Engineering, Adhartal, Jabalpur - 4
7.Kerala Agricultural University, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthi, Thrissur
8.National Dairy Research Institute, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Karnal - 132 001
9.National Dairy Research Institute, Southern Regional Station, Bangalore
10.Rajasthan Agricultural University, College of Dairy Science, Udaipur - 313 001
11.Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology, Lohianagar, Patna - 800 020
12.Sheth M.C. College of Dairy Science, Anand Campus, Anand - 388 110
13.University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore Dairy Science College, Hebbal, Bangalore - 560 024
14.West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Faculty of Dairy Technology, Mohanpur Campus, PO Krishi Vishwavidyalaya - 741 252
List of Training
Institutions In India
1.AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Bunts Hostel Road, Mangalore - 575 003, Karnataka
2.Al-Ameen Charitable Fund Trust, 3, Miller Tank Bund Road, Bangalore - 560 052, Karnataka
3.Al-Badar Rural Dental College & Hospital, M.S.K.Mill Road, Gulbarga-585 102, Karnataka
4.AME's Dental College, Raichur-584 101, Karnataka
5.Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS), Trimulgherry, Secundrabad - 500 015
6.Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College, Hospital & Research, Ludhiana
7.Banaras Hindu University, Varanas8I - 221 005
8.Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, 5/3, Hosur Main Road, Bangalore - 560 029, Karnataka
9.Bapuji Dental College & Hospital, Davangere-577 004, Karnataka
10.Bharati Vidyapeetas Dental College & Hospital, Katraj Dhankawadi Education Complex, Puna Satara Road, Pune - 411 043, Maharashtra
11.BJS Dental College, Hospital & Research Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab
12.BRS Dental College & Hospital, Kotbilla, Panchkula 134 118
13.Budha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Gandhi Nagar Patrakarnagar, Kankarbagh, Patna - 800 020, Bihar
14. CH.Multen Singh Memorial Rural Dental College, Tundls, Firojabad, Uttar Pradesh
15.Chatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Sanstha's Dental College & Hospital, Laxmi Nirmal Building, Plot No.4, CIDCO, Cannaught Aurangabad - 431 003, Maharashtra
16.Christian Dental College, P.O. No.109, C.M.C. Ludhiana, Punjab
17.College of Dental Sciences & Research, Vattappara, Thiruvananthapuram
18.College of Dental Sciences, Davangere-577 004, Karnataka
19.College of Dental Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal - 576 119, Karnataka
20.College of Dental Surgery, Light House, Hill Road, Mangalore - 575 001, Karnataka
21.College of Dentistry, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh
22.Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, Kanji Thanda Kushalappa Campus, Virajpet, Coorg, Karnataka.
23.Darbhanga Dental College, Khan Deorhi, Faizullah Khan, Darbhanga, Bihar
24.Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot - 151 203
25.DAV Centenary Dental College, Model Town, Yamuna Nagar - 135 001, Haryana
26.Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences, Shavige Malleswara Hills, Kumara Layout, Bangalore 78, Karnataka
27.Dental College & Hospital, K.G's Medical College Lucknow - 226 003, Uttar Pradesh
28.Dental College, Medical Campus, Rohtak - 124 001, Haryana
29.Dental College, Medical Campus, Thiruvananthapuram - 635 001, Kerala
30.Dental College, Medical College P.O. Calicut - 637 008, Kerala
31.Dental College, Siddartha Medical College, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
32.DJ College of Dental Sciences & Research, Ajit Mahal, Niwari Road, Modinagar, Distt. Ghaziabad
33.DR.B.R.Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, New Bailey road (Near Bari Nahar) Patna - 801 503
34.Dr.R.Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, 114, Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose Road, Calcutta - 14, West Bengal
35.DR.Shyamala Reddy Dental College, 298. 7th Cross, Domlur Layout, Bangalore - 560 071
36.Farooquia Dental College, Umar Khayyam Road, Edigha Tilak Nagara, Mysore
37.Goa Dental College & Hospital, Ribander Hospital, Ribander Hospital Complex, P.O.Ribander - 403 006
38.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, 1, P.D. Mello Road, Fort Mumbai - 400 001, Maharashtra
39.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, Afzalganj, Hyderabad - 500 012, Andhra Pradesh
40.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, Medical College Campus, Aurangabad - 431 001
41.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur - 440 003, Maharashtra
42.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, New Civil Hospital Compound, Asarwa, Ahmedabad - 380 016, Gujarat
43.Govt.Dental College & Hospital, Patiala - 147 001, Punjab
44.Govt.Dental College, Fort, Bangalore - 560 002, Karnataka
45.Govt.Dental College, Jamnagar - 361 008, Gujarat
46.Govt.Dental College, SMHS Hospital Premises, Srinagar, J&K
47.Guru Nanak Dev Dental College & Research Institute, Lakshmir Wala Road, Sunam - 148 028
48.Guru Nanak Dev Dental College, Sunam, Punjab
49.Himachal Dental College, Dr.Puranchand Medical Charitable Trust, Sunder Nagar, Himachal Pradesh
50.HKDET's Dental College & Hospital, Humnabad - 585 330
51.HKE Society's Dental College, Gulbarga - 585 105, Karnataka
52.I.T.S. Centre for Dental Studies & Research, Delhi - Meerut Road, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad - 201 206
53.ITS Centre for Dental Studies & Research, Delhi Meerut Road, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh - 201 206
54.Jagadguru Shri Shivarathreeswara Dental College and Hospital, Shri Shivarathreeswara, Mysore - 570 015 Karnataka
55.Jamanlal Goenka Dental College & Hospital, Gorakshan Road, P.O. Box No.153, Akola - 444 004. Maharashtra
56.JKK Natarajah Dental College, Komarapalayam - 638 183, Tamil Nadu
57.KGF College of Dental Sciences, No.36, Temple road, BEML Nagar, Kolar Gold, Kolar Gold Fields - 563 115 Karnataka
58.Khalsa Dental College & Hospital, Nangal Kalan, Mansa
59.KLE Society's Dental College, Bangalore
60.KLE Society's Dental College, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Campus, Belgaum - 590 010, Karnataka
61.Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences, Hunasamaranathalli, Vie Yelahanka, Bangalore - 562 157 Karnataka
62.KVG Dental College & Hospital, Kurunjibag Sullia - 574 237, Karnataka
63.Lata Mangeshkar Hospital, 5, YMCA Comples, Maharajbagh Road, Variety Square, Sitabuldi, Nagpur - 440 001
64.Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research, Bangalore
65.Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital, Old Secretarial Building, Pondicherry - 605 006
66.Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital, Pondicherry
67.Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Mandir's Dental College & Hospital, Panchavati, Nasik-3, Maharashtra
68.Mar Baselious Dental College, Kothamangalam
69.Maratha Mandal's Dental College & Research Centre, Belgaum, Karnataka
70. Maulana Azad Medical College, Dental Wing, New Delhi - 110 002
71.Meenakshi Ammal Dental College, Uthiramerur, Chengalpet, Tamil Nadu
72.Mithila Minority Dental College & Hospital, Samstipur Road, Mansukh Nagar (Ekmighat), Loheriasaral, Darbhanga
73.Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital, Samastipur Road, Mansukh Nagar (Ekmi Ghat), Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar.
74.MM College of Dental Sciences & Research, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana
75.MNDAV Dental College & Hospital, Talul Post Box No.34, Solao - 173 212, Himachal Pradesh
76.MRA Dental College, 1/36, Cline Road, Cooke Town, Bangalore - 560 004, Karnataka
77.MS Ramaiaha Dental College, M.S.Ramaiaha Nagar, M.S.R.I.T. Post, Bangalore - 560 054, Karnataka
78.Nair Hospital Dental College, Dr.A.Nair Road, Byculla, Mumbai - 400 008, Maharashtra
79.NITTE Education Trust's, the A.B.Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, 7th Floor, Ramabhavan Complex, Kodailbail, Mangalore-575 003, Karnataka
80.NSVK Sri Venkateshwara Dental College & Hospital, Ullarahalli Main Road, Bangalore-61.
81.Oxford Dental college, I-Phase, J.P, Nagar, Bangalore-560 078, Karnataka.
82.Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital, Nerul Noda, Navi Mumbai-400 706, Maharashtra
83.Patna Dental College & Hospital, Agamkuan, Patna - 800 007 Bihar
84.PM Nadaguda Dental College & Hospital, Bangalkot - 587 101, Karnataka
85.Pravara Rural Institute of Dental Educational & Research, P.O. Loni - 413 746, Maharashtra
86.Punjab Govt.Dental College & Hospital, Amritsar-1
87.Ragas Dental College, 116, Dr.Radhakrishnan Salai, Chennai - 600 004, Tamil Nadu
88.Raja Rajeshwari Dental College, 26/6, Ist Main Road, Opp.Govt.Soap Factory, Rajajinagar, Bangalore - 55
89.Raja Rajeswari Dental College and Hospital, 360, 19th Main Ist Block, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore - 560 010
90.Rajah Muthaiah Dental College & Hospital, Annamalainagar - 608 002, Tamil Nadu
91.Rajas Dental College, New Raja Nagar, (Affiliated to Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai), Vadakangulam - 627 116, Tirunelveli District, Near Nagercoil & Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu. Ph.&Fax:04637 --230066, 230072, 230111, 230142, 231808, 231809; E-mail : email@example.com; Web : www.tiec.ws
92.Rama Dental College & Hospital & Research Centre, 117-K-137, Sarvoday Nagar, Near Geeta Nagar, Railway Crossing, Kanpur - 208 025, Uttar Pradesh
93.Regional Dental College, Guwahati - 781 002, Assam
94.RV Dental College, No.CA2/83-3 Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560 011
95.Santhosh Dental College, Santosh Nagar, Ghaziabad - 201 009, Uttar Pradesh
96.Saraswati Dental College, 16, Goel Palace, Sanjay Gandhi Puram, Faizabad Road, Opp. Sahara Shopping Centre, Lucknow - 226 016, Uttar Pradesh
97.Sardar Patel Institute of Dental & Medical Sciences, Chaudhary Vihar, Utrathia Bazar, Rae Bareilly Road, Lucknow - 228 025
98.Sarjug Dental College, Hospital Road, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga - 846 001, Bihar
99.Saveetha Dental College, Poonamallea, Chennai - 600 056, Tamil Nadu
100.SB Patil Institute for Dental Sciences & Research, Naubad, P.B.No.52, Bidar - 585 402, Karnataka
101.SCB Medical College, Dental Wing, Cuttack - 753 007, Orissa
102.SDM College of Dental Sciences, Dhavalgiri, Dharwad - 580 002
103. Shravathi Dental College, Shimoga
104.Shri Baba Mastnath Dental College & Hospital, Asthal Bohar, Rohtak - 124 001
105.Shri Ramachandra Dental College, Porur, Chennai - 600 118, Tamil Nadu
106.Shri S.Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences, Vidya Nagar, hassan - 573 201, Karnataka
107.Sidhu Kanhu Medical And Dental College, 51, C.Ashiana Galaxy, Exhibition Road, Patna - 1
108.SJM Medical College, Dental Wing, Jaipur - 302 001
109.SMS Medical College, Dental Wing, Jaipur - 302 001
110.Smt.Radhikabai Meghe Memorial Medical Trust's Dental College & Hospital, Swangi (Meghe), Yevatmal Road, Wardha - 442 004, Maharashtra
111.Sree Balaji Dental College & Hospital, Velachery Main Road, Balaji Nagar, Narayanpuram, Pillikaranai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
112.Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Sri Amritisar - 143 006, Punjab
113.Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences, Cholanagar, Hebbal, Bangalore - 560 032, Karnataka
114.Sri Ramakrishna Dental College & Hospital, S.N.R. College Road, Coimbatore - 641 006
115.Sri Siddhartha Dental College, B.B. Road, Agalakate, Tumkur - 572 107
116.SRM Dental College, Bharathy Salai, Ramapuram, Madras - 600 089
117.Subharati Dental College, A-1 Samrat Palace, Garh Road, Meerut - 250 003
118.Suraswati Dental college, 16-Goel Palace, Sanjaj Gandhi Puram, Faizabad Road, Lucknow, UP
119.Tamil Nadu Govt. Dental College, Opp.Fort Railway Station, Chennai - 600 003, Tamil Nadu
120.Thai Moogambigai Dental College & Hospital, 121, G.N.Chetty Road, T.Nagar, Chennai - 600 017, Tamil Nadu
121.The North Bengal Dental College, North Bengal Medical College & Hospital, Campus, Sushratanagar, Siliguri (Dist.Darjeeling), West Bengal
122.UP Dental College & Research Centre, Sec.I, Dr.Akhilesh Das Nagar, Faizabad Road, Lucknow
123.Vasantdada Patil Dental College & Hospital, South Shiva Nagar, Sangli-416 416, Maharashtra
124.Vidarbha Youth Welfare Society's Dental College, Amravati, Maharashtra
125.Vidya Shikshan Prasarak Mandal Dental College, 5, Y.M.C.A. Complex, Sitabuldi, Nagpur - 440 001
126.Vinayaka Mission's, Sankaracharyar Dental College, 44, Second Agraharam, Salem - 636 001, Tamil Nadu
127.VM Lord Jagganath Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Bhubneshwar, Orissa
128.VMS International Dental College, P.O. Naimisaran, Distt. Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh
129.VS Dental College, K.R. Road, V.V.Puram, Bangalore - 560 004, Karnataka
130.Yenepoya Dental College, Zulekha Complex, Bibi Alabi Road, Mangalore - 575 001, Karnataka
Dietician Courses InIndia
A number of universities
offer a 3 year B.Sc., / BA in Nutrition / Dietetics. These subjects are also
offered as a Post-Graduate specialisation both at the degree(Masters in Home
Science / Applied Nutrition) as well as post-graduate diploma level.
List of Training Institutions In India
1. All India Institute of Hygeine & Public Health,110 Chittaranjan Avenue, Kolkata - 700 073, West Bengal URL :www.wbhuhs.org
2. University Of Mumbai,MG Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 032, Maharashtra URL :www.mu.ac.in
3. Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education For Women,Coimbatore - 641 043 , Tamil Nadu
4. Guru NanakDevUniversity, Amristar - 143 005, Punjab URL :www.gnduonline.org
5. National Institute Of Nutrition, jamia Osmania,Hyderabad - 500 007 , Andra Pradesh URL :www.ninindia.org
6. OsmaniaUniversity,Hyderabad ( University College For Women, Koti) URL :www.osmania.ac.in
7. SNDT Women's University, Mumbai - 400 020 URL : www.sndt.edu
8. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad 580 005 URL : www.uasd.net
9. University of Delhi, New Delhi - 110 001 URL :www.du.ac.in
10. University of Madras, Chennai - 600 005, Tamil Nadu URL : www.mu.ac.in
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
List of Institutions In India
1.Amity Institute of Event Management, AKC House, E-27, Defence Colony, New Delhi - 110 024, Ph: 24621960, 24699700, Fax : 24625956,24623317,
2.Event Management Delvopment Institute,IES Management College,4th Floor 791,S.Kmarg,opp.Lilavati Hospital,Bandra (W), Mumbai_400 050,Ph:+91 22 2655 0808, 2642 7171,
3.Indian Institute of Event Management,144 Laxmi Plaza,New Likin Road,Andheri West,Mumbai
4.Indian Institute of Management,D-3,Defence Colony,NewDelhi-110 048
5.International Center for Event Marketing,6/14,II Floor,Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi-110 016
6.International Institute of Event Management,SNDT Women's University,Juhu Campus,juhu Tara Road,Santacruz (W), Mumbai-400 049,Ph:+91 22 26608045
7.National Institute of Event Management,Ground Floor,Nandavan Buliding, Corner of Vallabhbhai Road & Ansari Road,Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-400 056, Ph:+01 22 2671 6676, 2628
8.Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication - Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.apeejay.edu
1.Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, New Zealand
2.Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis,425,Unversity Blvd,Indianapolis,IN 46202-5143 USA
3.Southern Oregon University, UK,1250 siskiyou Boulevard,Ashland,or 97520
4.The George Washington University, 2121 Eye Street,NW Washinton,DC 20052
5.University of Nevada,Las Vegas,4505 Maryland Pkwy,Las Vegas,
6.University of San Diego,5998 Alcalapark,San Diego,CA 92110-2492
Engineering And Technology
1. Major Branches of Engineering
2. Dual Degree Programmes of IITs
3. Post-B.Sc.-B.Tech Courses
4. B.E/B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
5. Regional Engineering Colleges
6. Technological Universities
7. Institutions Outside the University System
8. Distance Learning Courses
9. Specialised B.E./B.Tech. Courses
10. Specialisations in M.E./M.Tech. Courses
11. State-wise Common Entrance Tests
The world “engineering” derived from the Latin word “ingeniare” means “to design” or “to create”. Although the New Oxford Dictionary of English (1999) defines “engineering” as “the branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines and structures” and “technology” as the “application of scientific knowledge for practical purpose, especially in industry”, to-day it is no longer possible to draw any such dividing line. This perhaps has prompted the use of the nomenclatures Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Master of Technology (M.Tech) along with the traditional ones, namely, Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and Master of Engineering (M.E). The names of colleges and institutions also include such terms as “engineering” “technology” and “engineering and technology”. Whatever may be the nomenclature of the awards or the names of institutions, they encompass both “engineering” and “technology”.
Engineering education in India has a long tradition, the beginning of which goes back to the year 1847. In that year was establishes the Thomason College of Civil Engineering at Roorkee, later to become the Roorkee University (1949), the first engineering university in the country. This was followed by the establishment of the College of Engineering in Pune in 1854 which is still in existence. The Civil Engineering College in Howrah came up in 1856 to impart training to the engineering personnel of the PWD. The first degree examination in civil engineering was held in 1864. In 1921, it was renamed theBengalengineering College, which was accorded the deemed university status in 1992. In Mumbai, Victoria jubilee Technological Institute (now Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute) was set up in 1887.
Another landmark in the history of engineering education was the establishment of the National Council of Education (Calcutta) in 1908 in the wake of nationalist movement of 1905-06. It established the nucleus of an institution for imparting education in engineering and technology which in 1919, developed into theCollege of Engineering and Technology. The College, through a State Act, became the jadavpur University in 1955, a unitary university now consisting of Faculties of Arts, Science, and Engineering and Technology.
In 1909 was established the Indian Institute of Science at Bangalore which owes its existence to the vision and munificence of the late J.N.Tata. It offers only postgraduate and research programmes. In 1958, it was accorded the deemed university status. Besides engineering colleges, separate colleges of technology, such as, College of Textile Technology, Serampore, West Bengal (1908), Government Central Textile Institute, Kanpur (1914), Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur (1921) University Department of Chemical Technology, University of Bombay (1934) which now enjoys autonomous status, and Laxminarayan Institute of Technology (1942) were also established in the pre-independent days.
It was only after Independence that engineering and technological education got a great boost. The development of technical education has been one of the major achievements of the post-Independence period. The creation of the All-India Council of Technical Education in 1945, and the Report of the Scientific Manpower Committee (1947) has a far reaching influence in this development. The reports of the Engineering Personnel Committee (1956), and the Committee for Postgraduate Engineering Education and Research (1961) gave an impetus to higher level technical education.
The growth of educational facilities has been phenomenal during the last decade. The outturn of graduates in engineering doubled within a span of 10 years from about 30,000 in 1987 to 60,000 in 1996. During the same period, the outturn of polytechnic diploma holders increased from 56,560 to 95,283. A comprehensive account of the progress of technical education since Independence is available in the book Technical Education in Independent India (1947-1997) published by the All India Council of Technical Education in 1999.
Many universities now offer part-time programmes generally of four-year duration in different branches of engineering and technology. The programmes are open to working diploma holders or diploma holders having working experience for specified periods. Admissions are made through separate entrance tests. Part-time M.E/M.Tech programmes (five semesters) are also offered by a number of institutions.
Though there is a glut off graduates in some branches of engineering and technology leading to unemployment, the field continues to offer reasonable rewarding career opportunities to the brighter ones. What should, however be noted is that, the standard and reputation of institutions in which the candidates study have a great bearing of their success in the employment market. Products of colleges and institutions which survive on the basis of year-to-year recognition because of their inability to conform to the norms specified by the AICTE in respect of workshops, laboratories, libraries, equipment and qualified teachers, are certainly at a disadvantage in the highly competitive job market.
But choosing the right institution and branch of study having good career potentials are often, beyond the control of individuals. Those who want to enter the job market without entering the portals of engineering colleges can opt for the Special Class Railway Apprentices' Examination conducted annually by the Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility requirement is a pass in 10+2 examination with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry. Successful completion of the apprenticeship leads to the absorption in the Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers. The Department of Secondary Education and Higher Education operates the National Schemes of Apprenticeship Training among others, for engineering graduates. The Scheme, however, does not guarantee any employment after completion of the training.
Both the Central and State governments continue to be the major employers of engineers particularly in such branches as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering. As regards the Central Government, the Union Public Service Commission conducts an annual Engineering Services Examination for recruitment to the Group A Services and posts in various technical departments and establishments. The Services fall into four categories, viz., Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
The eligibility requirement is a degree in engineering or Associate Memberships of professional institutions which are recognised by the UPSC as equivalent to engineering degree. Holders of M.Sc degrees or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects of study, are acceptable only for certain services and posts.
The near demise of public sector industries, which at one point of time used to absorb a large number of engineering graduates, has considerably shrunken the scope of employment in this sector. Though the corresponding growth in the private sector is not very encouraging, it is still the best bet for engineers seeking lucrative careers.
Since it is the age of specialisation, acquisition of a postgraduate degree (M.E/M.Tech) preferably in newly emerging areas would go a long way in ensuring a satisfying career. For example, the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) offers excellent career opportunities for motivated engineering postgraduates in its different units including Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd., and Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (Kalpakkam). The activities of the Department being multi-disciplinary in nature, it needs post-graduates in several engineering branches. The Training School of the Bhaba Atomic Research Centre (Mumbai-400085) organises annual Orientation Courses for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) and Engineering Postgraduates (OCEP) of five-month duration. On successful completion of the course, candidates are appointed in any of the units of the DAE as Scientific Officers grossing about Rs.15,000.00 per month.
Teaching and research careers are no less rewarding. With the proliferation of engineering colleges and technological institutions, postgraduates and doctoral degree holders can join the teaching profession. The profession also provides learning opportunities to enrich one's knowledge base. The major scientific establishments, other than the DAE, such as the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Indian Space Research Organisation, Defence Research and Development Organisation with their vast network of research establishments offer research careers in many front line areas of engineering and technology.
Last but not the least, engineers and technologists have the option to migrate to management profession and Civil Services. Both in the prestigious management schools and civil services, there is now a visible presence of engineers and technologists. Needless to mention that successful careers in the field demand that engineers and technologists must be computer-savy.
The term Earth Science is used to describe all the sciences concerned with the origin, evolution, structure and the behaviour of the Earth and its place in the universe, especially in the solar system. The study of earth sciences may be grouped into five major categories:
1. The study of the (rocky) part of the Earth: Geology, the most well-Known of the earth sciences belongs to this category;
2. The study of the aqueous part of the Earth: Oceanography, hydrology, glaciology, limnology constitute this group;
3. The study of the gaseous outer regions of the Earth: Atmospheric science including meteorology (weather, meteorology, climatology), and aeronomy that deals with the outermost ionised part of the atmosphere fall in to this category;
4. The study of the biosphere: Biosphere embodies all life on the earth. It includes also zoology, botany and ecology which, however, are distinctive science in their own rights; and
5. The study of the Earth in its entirety:this is the domain of geography which is study of spatial variation of the earth’s surface and of humankind’s relationship with its environment. The distinctiveness of geography lies in the fact that it is the convergence of physical and biological sciences (physical geography) and social sciences, such as, history (historical geography), political science (political geography), and economics (economic geography).
A great deal of overlap, however, exists among these categories. Since the International Geophysical Year (IGY) in 1957, there is a trend toward the integration of these categories. The integration of the geo-sphere, biosphere systems is a case in point. In a way, even geology may be defined as the study of Earth itself and many components of other categories may be brought under it. Physical geology and physical geography also share many common elements
The deployment of earth-observing devices on satellites, both in geostationary and in low earth orbit, has revolutionized such branches of earth sciences as meteorology and oceanography. This has given rise to Remote Sensing, a new technology for gathering and recording of information about the terrain and ocean surfaces by means of remote sensors install in satellites. Remote sensing technology is now widely used in the survey and management of natural resources and environment. Remote Sensing has, in turn, led to the development of Geographic Information System (GIS).
The emergence of the space age has unfolded yet another perspective for earth scientists. The exploration of moon and planets has made it possible for them to understand, by comparison, the origin of the Earth and its structure and composition. Earth Sciences have also close relationship with emergence of such subjects as Geophysics, Geochemistry and Astronomy. Mining, Engineering and Mineral Exploration Technology represent the practical application of geological science (see also update).
Though there are a small number of institutions, which offer courses in specialised branches of earth sciences, educational opportunities exist primarily in two broad fields, viz., geology and geography. It is only at the Master’s degree level that courses in specially areas are available. Courses in geology and geography are available at the first degree, postgraduate degree and research degree levels. At the first degree level, geology and geography are offered as one of the combinations by a number of universities. There are also stray examples of such topics as applied geology, biogeography, cartography, marine-geology and remote sensing offered as one of the combinations at the first degree level. TheOsmania University has introduced a three-year B.Sc.(Vocational) degree course in Geo-exploration.
A brief account of educational opportunities in ten areas viz., Earth Sciences, Geology, Geography, Oceanography, Remote Sensing, Atmospheric Sciences, Space Science, Hydrology, Cartography, and Geographic Information System (GIS) follows.
Earth Science: At the Master’s degree level, earth science as a broad subject is offered at Barkatullah University (Bhopal 482026), Indian School of Mines (Dhanbad 826004) – M.Sc.(Tech) of three-year duration in applied geology and applied geophysics, Jiwaji University (Gwalior 474011), Manipur University (Imphal 795003), Sambalpur University (Sambalput 768019), and Swamy Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University (Nanded 431606). The Indian SchoolofMines, which enjoys a deemed university status, is the premiere educational and research center in Earth Sciences.
Geology: About 60 universities offer M.Sc course in geology, while some of them have also introduced M.Phil and PhD programmes. The eligibility requirements is BSc degree with geology as one of the subjects at the first degree level. Another 25 universities offer MSc, MSc(Tech), and MTech in Applied Geology. Education in Mining needs considerable inputs from geology. Courses in mining as an engineering discipline are offered by engineering college.
Geography: Geography is offered at the Master’s degree level by more than 100 universities leading to both MA and MSc degrees. While the focus is on social science aspect of the subject (Human Geography) in MA course, the MSc course emphasis on the scientific dimension (Physical Geography). The eligibility requirements is a first degree with geography as one of the subjects. Four universities, viz., Dr Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya (Sagar 470003),KarnatakUniversity (Dharwad 580003), University of Madras (Chennai 600005), and UtkalUniversity (Bhubaneshwar 751004) offer MSc in Applied Geography.
Oceanography: Master’s degree courses in oceanography and related topics are available in (1)Alagappa University (Karaikudi 630003) – MSc (Oceanography and Coastal Area Study); (2) Andhra University (Visakhapatanam 530003) – MSc (Oceanography – Physical and Chemical); (3)Annamalai University (Annamalai Nagar 608002) – MSc (Marine Biology and Oceanography); (4)Cochin University of Science and Technology (Kochi 682022) – MSc (Oceanography); (5)University of Madras (Chennai 600005) – MSc (Ocean Life Science). The Indian Institute of Technology (Chennai 600036) conducts MTech (Ocean Engineering) course.
It may be mentioned here that considering the importance of ocean in the national economy, a separate Department of Ocean Development was created in July 1981 by the government of India for promoting ocean development activities. It has been established three institutions viz., the National Institute of Ocean Technology at Chennai for developing technology relevant to ocean sector, the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services at Hyderabad for generating ocean data products and their dissemination, and the National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research at Vasco (Goa).
Remote Sensing: Essentially, remote sensing technology involves surveying land for both in respect of its dimensions and spotting of natural resources that it bears. The aerial photography to survey the land widely used for preparing maps is the predecessor to remote sensing. The first institution for training in the use of aerial photographs was the Indian Photo Interpretation Institute, established in 1966 in Dehra Dun by the Survey of India. It has since been renamed the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) and comes under the administrative control of the National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA) in the Department of Space.
The Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites are the mainstay of the National Natural Resource Management Systems (NNRMS), which aims at the optimal utilisation of the country’s natural resources using remote sensing data. The IIRS is the main training institution in the use of remotely sensed data. It offers both short and long duration training programmes in various disciplines of NNRMS. How ever, the courses are open to scientists, university teachers and technical staff from the forest and the soil survey departments, water resources engineers and land use planners. It offers Junior Research Fellowships to candidates who are encouraged to undertake PhD work in Remote Sensing. The Fellow ships are open to MSc degree holders in such subjects as Forestry, Botany, Environmental Sciences, and Statistics.
Considering the importance of remote sensing, the Anna University (Chennai -600025) was the first to introduce M.Tech. (Remote Sensing) of three-semester duration, which is open to holders of BE/B.Tech, B.Sc (Agri/For/Hort), MSc (Maths/Phy/Chem) or MSc (Geology/Geography) degrees. It also offers a course in a related area leading to the award of BE (Geo-Informaitcs). Other Universities which have introduced the course are: (1) Andhra University (Visakhapatanam 530003) – MTech (Remote Sensing); (2) Barkatullah University (Bhopal 482026) – MSc(Tech) (Remote Sensing); (3) Bharatidasan University (Tiruchinarappalli 620024) - MTech (Remote Sensing) open to MSc degree holders in geography, geology or geophysics; (4) Birla Institute of Technology (Ranchi 835215) – M.Tech (Remote Sensing) open to BE and MSc degree holders; (5) Indian Institute of Technology(Mumbai 400076) – M.Tech (Remote Sensing);(6)University of Pune, Department of Space & Sciences(Pune 411007) – MSc(Remote Sensing) open to BSc degree holders in any branch of science; (7) University of Roorkee (Roorkee – 147667) – MTech (Remote Sensing and Photogrammetric Engineering); (8)Sri Venkateshwara University(Tirupathi – 517502) – MSc (Remote Sensing System Management). Bundelkhand University (Jhansi – 284128) has a PG Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geo-environment of one –year duration open to MSc/MTech(Geology) degree holders,(9)Indian Institute of Technology(Mumbai – 400075) – Postgraduate Diploma in Advance Aerial Photo-interpretation.
Cartography: Maps express information through lines, colours, shapes and other symbols of among others, places and of their geographical, topographical and geological features. Cartography is the art of drawing maps, the most familiar kinds of which are general reference maps, mobility and thematic maps. General reference maps identify and locate a variety of geographic features, such as, land features, bodies of water, and political boundaries. Maps that emphasise boundaries of districts, states or countries as a whole are called political maps. On the other hand, maps that emphasise the location of such features of Earth’s surface as mountains, rivers, lakes are known as physical maps. Mobility maps such as road maps, street maps, aeronautical charts, nautical charts are designed to help people find their way from one place to another. Thematic maps show the distribution of population, rainfall, natural resource, etc.
The Survey of India, under the Ministry of Science and Technology, is the official survey and mapping organisation. Its primary responsibility is to maintain topographical maps on different scales covering the entire country. These maps are the basis of all kinds of mapping activities. While Survey of India meets the national needs in cartography, the National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO), also under the same Ministry, cater to the requirements of thematic maps, which are based on the survey of India maps. These are also other agencies, which prepare maps on specific themes, e.g., geological maps drawn by the Geological Survey of India and forest maps by the Forest Survey of India. Thematic maps are the most widely used ones as would be evident from newspapers, newsmagazines and reports of various kinds generated by different official and non-official agencies. Cartographers are now increasingly using computers for making maps. The Geographic Information System (GIS) is now one of the most important tools available to them.
However, the number of formal courses in cartography is extremely limited. TheUniversity of Madras offers a course in M.Sc. (Cartography) of two-year duration. Diploma Courses are available in three universities, viz., (1) Osmania University – Diploma in Geographical Cartography, (2) Jamia Millia Islamia – Diploma in Cartography, open to graduates with geography as a subject and (3)MS University of Baroda – Diploma in Cartography. A Cartography related postgraduate diploma course, Advanced Aerial Photo Interpretation, is available in the Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai).
Geographic Information System: As stated earlier, the remote sensing technology has facilitated the development of Geographic Information System (GIS). Simply stated GIS is a decision-making tool consisting of maps developed on computer. But where it goes beyond mapping is the scope it offers for the storage, manipulation and presentation of geographic information, such as, topography, political boundaries and sub-divisions within them, geology, vegetation, and food plains. GIS is emerging as an important decision-making tool for socio-economic planning. There is a great demand for highly skilled manpower in this area. Only the University of Madras offers a post-graduate diploma course in Geographic Information System Management of one-year duration.
The eligibility requirement is a degree with two years experience in cartography, MSc degree in Geology or Geography, or BE (Civil Engineering). The University has also introduced, with effect from 2000-01 academic session, a new MSc course in Spatial Information Technology at its School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. The training programmes of the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (Dehra Dun) include a Substantial component of GIS for digital image processing and spatial data analysis. One of the more well known GIS courses is offered by Pentasoft Technologies Ltd (“Taurus” 25, Colony, Chennai 600024). The course called Masters Application Programme in Geographic Information System (MAP-GIS) is of five-week duration.
In the area of Atmospheric Sciences, courses are available in Atmospheric Sciences in general, and in Climatology, Meteorology, Agricultural Meteorology. All the courses are at the Master’s degree level (MSc or MTech), but for some topics post-graduate diploma courses are available.
Atmospheric Science: (1) Kurukshetra University (Kurukshetra – 136119) – MSc; (2)Pune University, Department of Space Science (Pune – 411007) – MSc, Eligibility: BSc degree in any branch. (3)Andhra University (Visakhapatnam – 530003) – MTech. Eligibility: MSc in physics, Nuclear Physics, Meterology, Oceanography, Space Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics; (4)CalcuttaUniversity(Calcutta – 700073) – MTech. Eligibility: BTech in related branch; (5)CochinUniversity of Science and Technology (Kochi – 682022) – MTech. Eligibility: MSc in Meteorology, Oceanography or Physics with valid GATE score; (6)Indian Instituteof Sciences (Bangalore) – MSc (Engg) by research Eligibility: MSC or BE/BTech in related branch; (7)Sri Venkateshwara University (Tirupathi – 517502) – MTech. Eligibility: MSC or BE/BTech in related branch.
Climatology: Pune University(Pune – 411007) – MSc. Eligibility: BSc degree in any branch.
Meteorology: (1)Andhra University (Visakhapatnam – 530003) – MSc. Eligibility: BSc degree; (2)Cochin University of Science and Technology(Kochi – 682022) – MSc. Eligibility: BSc with Physics and Mathematics; (3) M S University of Baroda (Vadodara – 390002) – MSc. Eligibility: BSc Degree; (4)BharathiarUniversity(Coimbatore – 641046) – PG Diploma in Meteorology; (5)PunjabiUniversity(Patiala – 147002) – PG Diploma in Meteorology.
Agricultural Meteorology: (1)Chaudhary Charan Singh Agricultural University (Hisar – 125004); (2)Gujarat Agriculture University (Sardar Krushinagar – 385506); (3)Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University (Shimla – 171005); (4)Punjab Agricultural University (Ludhiana 141004). The courses, however, are open to agricultural graduates only.
Space Sciences: Pune University is the only university to offer MSc course in Space Science. Eligibility requirement is BSc Degree in any branch. Besides, theGujarat University and the Andhra University offer Post-Master Diploma course in Space Sciences.
Hydrology: only two universities offer MSc course in Hydrology: (1)AndhraUniversity – MSc (Tech) – (Hydrology) Duration: Three years, Eligibility: BSc Degree; (2)Cochin University of Science and Technology – MSc (Hydro-chemistry) – Eligibility: BSc with Chemistry. Besides, the Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai), Osmania University and the Roorkee University (Roorkee – 247667) have Diploma courses in Hydrology.
Mineral Exploration and Processing: Two Universities offer MSc courses in the topic, viz., Andhra University – MSc (Mineral Process Engineering) of one year duration open to BTech or Master’s degree in geology; and Gulbarga University (Gulbarga – 585108) – MSc (Mineral Processing and Mineral Exploration).
By and large career opportunities in Earth Sciences in general and geology in particular are mainly offered by the government agencies. In Geology, for example, the Geological Survey of India (GSI) is one of the largest employers of geologists and hydro-geologists. The GSI is the premier earth science organisation. Established in 1851, with the main aim of locating coal resources, the GSI has since grown into one of the largest scientific organisations in the country with a strength of about 2900 scientific and technical professionals. Its functions encompass a wide spectrum of earth science activities, such as, geological, geophysical, and geochemical mapping, specialised thematic studies, ground and airborne geophysical surveys, marine surveys, geo-environmental studies and surveys, and geotechnical and seismotectonic surveys.
The Union Public Service Commission conducts Geologist’s Examination for the recruitment of (1) geologists in the Geological Survey of India and the other agencies under the Ministry of Steel and Mines; and (2) hydro-geologists in the Central Ground Water Board in the Ministry of Water Resources. The state Departments of geology, mining and minerals also employ geologists. Other employers include, mining industry, oil exploration companies, cement industry.
Career opportunities in geography, the other major field of Earth Sciences are available in such areas as cartography, tourism and travel industry, geographic information system and urban and town planning. MSc degree holders who are interested in taking up country and town planning career, can take the examination conducted by the institute of Town Planners, India for enhancing career opportunities. There is now a good demand for creative cartographers conversant with computers in the mass media.
An emerging area of employment opportunities both for geologists and geographers is the environmental impact assessment (EIA). EIA has been made mandatory for starting not only new industries but also for various developmental and public utility projects such as river valley, thermal power, automatic power, ports and harbours and airports. The involvement of geologists and geographers among others is necessary for undertaking the work of assessment. Teaching however continues to be an option both for geologists and geographers.
Indian School of Mines (Dhanbad 826005): The school established in 1926, is a premiere institution in the field of geology and mining which enjoys the deemed university status. Besides B.Tech courses in Computers, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mineral Engineering, Mining Machinery, and Petroleum Engineering, it offers M.Sc (Tech) in Applied Geology, and MBA course. Admissions to B.Tech courses are based on IIT-JEE results. Other postgraduate programmes are: (1) M.Tech in Fuel Engineering, Mineral Engineering, Mine Planning and Design, Opencast Mining, Rock Excavation and Engineering, Long wall Mine Mechanisation, Industrial Engineering and Management, Petroleum Engineering, Mining Geophysics, Mineral Exploration, Engineering Geology, Petroleum Exploration, Environment Science & Engineering Computer Application, Maintenance Engineering and Technology, Mining Machinery and (2) M.Phil in Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, and Applied Mathematics.
& Institutes InIndia
Economics has a bold approach to solve the multi-dimensional problems facing the nation. It is useful for eradicating, poverty, unemployment and overcome problems such as inflation, stagnation, recession, population explosion and adverse balance of payments etc. Knowledge of economics is being used for accelerating growth in the economies of world. Economics is a social science concerned with the use and allocation of resources for achievement and maintenance of growth with stability. Over the years economics has produced many fascinating fields such as:
• Agricultural Economics
• International Economics
• Business Economics
• Labour Economics
• Development Economics
• Natural Resource Economics
• Rural economics and Rural Development
• Financial Economics
• Welfare Economics
• Industrial Economics
Prominent Institutes for higher learning:
• Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi, North Campus, Delhi-110007. www.iegindia.org
• Indian Council of Social Science Research, JNU Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067.www.icssr.org
• National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), Parisila Bhawan, 11, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi-110002.www.ncaer.org
• National Institute of Rural Development, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500030. www.nird.org.in
• Institute of Applied Manpower Research, New Delhi-110002.
• Indian Statistical Institute, 203, BT Road, Kolkata-700108.www.isical.ac.in
• Institute of Studies in Industrial Development, PO Box 7151, Narendra Niketan, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi-110002.www.icssr.org
• Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai. Gen. AK Vaidya Marg, Film City Road, Goregaon (East), Mumbai-400065. www.igidr.ac.in
• Institute of Development Studies, 8-B, Jhalana Institutional Area, Jaipur-302004. www.idsj.org
• Centre for Economics and Social Studies, Nizamia Observatory Campus, Hyderabad-500016.www.cess.ac.in
• Institute for Social & Economic Change, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560072. www.isec.ac.in
courses in Forensic Science and Criminology
• Osmania University Hyderabad
• Banaras HinduUniversity,Varanasi
• Forensic Sciences Department University of Madras.
• University of Delhi, Delhi
• Ramjas College,Universityof Delhi, Delhi.
• Miranda House,UniversityCollege for Women, Delhi
• Central Forensic Science Laboratory, CBI, Block-IV, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110003
• National Institute of Criminology & Forensic Sciences (NICFS), New Delhi
• National Crime Records Bureau, New Delhi
• National Law University, NH-65, Nagour Road, Mandore, Jodhpur-342304 (Raj). Email: email@example.com
• Dr. B.R Ambedkar University, Agra.
• Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, MP.
• Punjab University, Patiala
• BundelkhandUniversity,Jhansi, UP.
• BITS, Pilani
• Centre for Development of Advance Computing(C-DAC), P.B No 6520, Vellayambalam, Thiruvananthapuram-695033.
• Bio Informatics Institute of India. C-56 A/28, Sector-62
Hundreds of portals, vortals, dotcoms all over, the place and a new one popping up every day. Everyone and their cousin seem to be enamoured by it or rather by the moolah it offers. Is everything as rosy as it seems or is there a flipside to it? Is it overhyped or too good to be true. We get the true picture.
Due to the growth in fishing by trawlers in the high seas together with the preservation and marketing of sea products, there is a growing demand for trained staff. Fish biologists could work in the development of fish breeding farms or supervise fish research centres. They could also survey streams and lakes determining the prevention of infection and pollution in the quantity of fish found. A paying career for qualified people indeed.
A course in this subject would give you an option to do a lot. Of course, all related to the sea food industry. What's that? Fishery science is the study of the life, habits and breeding of the various fishes. Fishes constitute 70% of seafood consumed the world over and has led to the formation of a very big industry that requires professionals.
Film - TV - Radio Production Courses InIndia -
List of Training
Institutions In India
1. A J Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre(MCRC), Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 110 0025 URL:www.jmi.nic.in
2. Asian Academy Of Film & Television, Marwah Studio Complex, Film City, Noida - 201 301 Uttar Pradesh URL: www.aaft.com
3. Film & Television Institute Of India , Law College Road, Pune - 411 004 Maharashtra URL :www.ftiindia.com
4. Indian Institute Of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus,New Delhi - 110 067 URL:www.iimc.nic.in
5. National Institute Of Design (NID), Paldi, Ahmedabad - 380 007 URl : www.nid.edu
6. Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, E.M.Nye-pass Road, Post Garia, Kolkata -700 094 West Bengal
7. Symbiosis InstituteOfMass Communication, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune - 411 004 Maharashtra URL :www.simc.edu
8. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms (Centres in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune ) URL:www.wiganindia.org
9. Xavier's Institute Of Communications(XIC), St.Xavier's College, 5 Mahapalika Marg , Mumbai - 400 001 Maharashtra URL: www.xaviercomm.com
10. R. K. Films & MediaAcademy, New Delhi URL:www.rkfma.com
Depending on their field
of specialisation, forest can work either in offices, laboratories or outdoors
in the wild. They perform an advisory role in government and non-governmental
organi - stations to encourage management and a maintenance f the earth 's
forest reserves. They also work as industrial and agricultural consultants in
various industries that utilize forest resources. Foresters work as financial
consultants in forestry organizations. On the manufacturing side, they assist
in the manufacture of timber, paper and other wood based products. Prevention
of forest fires, wasteland development, social forestry, eco - tour ism etc are
other area that fall within the ambit of forestry specialists. Research in the
protection and regeneration of forests is also an important task performed by
Job Market: Apart form jobs in the Ministry of Environment and Forests and in the forestry deportments of local governments, the forestry departments of local governments, the experts can get into governments sponsored projects in forestry and environment. They can also find employment in executive positions in timber and plywood companies and in organizations like the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO). Scientists can find employment in Research labs. The education sector is also a potential source of employment.
Training Programme: The starting point for a career in forestry is at the undergraduate level. Those who have passed +2/ equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology can apply for the 4 years B.Sc Forestry, Forest course Further, the Master level offers, specialization in subjects furthers, the Maser level offer socialization in subjects like Forest Management, Commercial Forestry, Forest Economics, wood Science and Technology, Wildlife Science etc. Forestry Management (IIFM). Bhopal (See Management). Indian Forest Service is another options for those who have graduated in Forestry. Those who wish to do Ph.D in forestry can do so at the recognized centers.
List of Institutions Offering Forestry Courses In India :
1. Aligarh Musilm University , Aligarh - 202 002.
2. Birsa Agricultural University, Kanke , Ranchi - 6.
3. Colleg of Agricultural and Regional Research Station , Krishinager, Dharwas, Karnataka.
4. College of Agriculture, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka
5. College of Agriculture, Hissar Haryana
6. College of Agriculture, Ludhiana, Punjab
7. College of Agriculture, Vellanikkara, Trichur, Kerala, Phone - 0487 - 370050
8. Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukj Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola 444 104.
9. Dr. Y.S Parmer University of Agriculture, & Forestry, Solan - 173 230.
10. Forestry Research Institute, Dehra Dun - 248 006.
11. GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology. Pantnagar - 263 145.
12. Gujarat Agricultural University , Sardar Krushinagar 385 506.
13. Haryana Agricultural University , Hissar, Haryana.
14. HN Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar - 246 174. Uttra Pradesh.
15. Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal.
16. JawaharlaNehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur 482 004.
17. Karnatak University Dharward- 580 003.
18. Konkan Krishi Vidapeeth, Dapoli - 415 712.
19. Kumarn University - Nainital - 236 001.
20. Manipur University , Canchipur, Imphal - 795 003.
21. Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth. Krishi Nagar, Parbhani - 431 402.
22. North - Eastern Hill University, NEHU Campus PO Shilling - 793 022.
23. Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar - 751 003.
24. Osmania University, Hyderabad - 500 007.
25. Postgraduate School, Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi.
26. Punjab Agriculture University, Lundhiana - 141 008.
27. Sher- K. Eashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology , Shalimar Campus, Srinagar - 191121 / Camp Office : Railway Road, Jammu - 180 004.
28. Tamilnadu Agricultural University , Coimbatore - 641 003, Tamil Nadu.
29. University of Agricultural Science , Bangalore - 65 .
30. University of Agriculture Sciences, Krishinagar, Dhawad - 580 005.
31. Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehra Dun (affiliated to Saurashtra University, Rajkot- 306 005)
International Focus :
1. World Forestry Center , 4033 SW Canyon Rd. Portland, Oregon 97221 Phone -503-228-1367 Fax - 503-228-4608 Website : http://worldforestry.org
2. Forestry and Arboriculture Safety Training Council, 231, Corstorphine Road,Edinburgh EH 12 &aT.
3. Society of American Foresters, 5400 Grosvenor LN., Bethesda , MD 20814.
Fitness Trainer Courses In India
You can go for a professional
course like the Nike Aerobics Course or Reebock Instructor Certification
programme or for any of the several reputed locally offered courses like those
at Talwalkar's in Mumbai. The basic course is for 80 hours, with around 30
hours of theory and the remaining made up of practical sessions. At the end of
the course there are exams, both witten and practical, to be passed before you
can become a Reebock Certified Fitness Instructor. Except for Step Reebok, most
programmes are not equipment based.In Delhi ReebokIndiaorganises the course
twice a year under the Reebok Instructor Alliance programme. The 2 1/2 month 80
hour course culminates in an A-Level Master Trainer Exam, which you must clear
in order to be certified as trainer. check for branches in other cities on
their websitewww.reebok.com Only five colleges in India offera
bachelor's Degree in Yoga & Naturopathy (5 1/2yrs). However, Central
Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathywww.ccyn.orghas formulated the syllabus for a
1-year Diploma in Yoga & Naturopathy(DYN) which is approved by the M/o
Health & Family Welfare . The Council presently finances 17 centres for
conducting these courses.There are numerous private centres as well . But you
will need to ensure that they are not manned by self-taught quacks. Similarly,
if you wish to tain in any of the martial arts(Judo, Kung Fu, karate), please
do so from a "Belted" or certified trainer / expert. Acquiring skills
in massage therapy, reflexology, accupressure will be an asset. The Sports
Authority of India(SAI) offers courses in Sports & Athletics Coaching in a
large number of disciplines at its varioous branches.
List of Training Institutions In India
1. HVPM, Amravati - (Affiliated ToAmravatiUniversity)
2. Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical education & Sports Sciences(IGIPESS) (Affiliated to University of Delhi) B-Block Vikaspuri, New Delhi - 110 018
3. Lakshmibai nationalCollege of Physical Education, Kariavattom Post Trivandrum 695581 Kerala
4. SAI, Netaji Subhas National Institute OfSports, Patiala - 147 001
5. SAI, NS Eastern Centre, Salt Lake City, Sector - III, Kolkata - 700 091 West Bengal
6. SAI, NS South Centre, University Campus,Bangalore - 560 056 Karnataka
7. Arsha Yoga Vidya Peetam Trust ( A unit of the Arya Vaidya Pharmacy(CBE) Ltd.,) 17,East Venkatasamy Road, R.S.Puram , Coimbatore - 641002 , Phone : 0422-5370007 , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
A Number of institutions and universities impart sports eduction for coaches at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. i.e. Bachelors in Physical Dducation(BPEd) and Masters in Physical Education(MPEd)
Foreign Languages In the age of information super-
highways, we all have become world citizens. Advent of the process of
globalisation has made the coming together of people from different countries
much more easier. Opening up of economies has resulted in MNCs coming to our
country and setting up business here. And it is precisely because of this that
learning foreign languages is not merely an advantage for all those who want to
work abroad but also for those who want to grow in life. Obviously,
opportunities to learn these languages is also increasing. In addition to
numerous freelance options, language professionals find application in various
sectors like aviation, hotel management, tourism, teaching, etc.
Earlier, teaching was the traditional choice of language graduates, but things have undergone a sea change and a wide variety of lucrative careers is available.
To become a General Translator you should have excellent writing skills and a strong vocabulary in at least two languages. This profession poses various challenges because different languages generally do not have same syntactical pattern and many words and phases do not have equivalents in other languages.
In recent years the need to translate reports, contracts and various business documents for MNCs set up in India has grown many folds. This kind of translation is Technical Translation. The corporate houses approach various translation centres for this purpose.
The job of interpretation involves a lot of trust because it is the interpreter only who knows the crux of the conversation which is going on. Further, the interpreter must possess very high proficiency over the language concerned because unlike the translator he does not enjoy the facility of a dictionary. The work has to be done on the instant. A good awareness of the current developments and the familiarity with new technical terms would definitely help them in being more successful. Generally, interpreters find job as tourist guides. After specialisation they can also work at international seminars and meetings.
When recorded audio reports are translated into text format, the process is known as transcription. With more and more professionals relying on skilled transcriptionists, it has become a very fast growing industry. The most popular job of medical transcriptionist, requires a knowledge of medical terms and familiarity with the American accent is essential.
Teaching is the most traditional choice of a language graduate and still is very popular. Various schools, colleges and specialised language institutions provide different avenues to the graduates. After acquiring experience you can also prepare teaching materials like books and CDs. Teaching can also be done on a freelance basis. Proficiency in at least two languages and possession of excellent communication skills is a must to become a successful language teacher. He/She should also be able to work under pressure. And with time the deemand for language teachers is ever increasing.
Apart from the aforementioned options, people with a knowledge of a foreign language can find jobs as airhostess and flight stewards. For all those executives and students who wish to travel to the non - English speaking countries for either work or further studies, the knowledge of a relevant foreign language is a must. It can also prove beneficial to those businessmen who intend to expand their business.
There are only a few institutes which insist on completion of Plus Two, otherwise, most of them do not have any eligibility criteria for admission.
Remuneration in this field depends upon the employer, skills and experience. The nature of job also makes a difference. For example, a translator can expect to earn between Rs.150 to Rs. 300 per page for Indian languages, between Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 for popular foreign languages such as French and German, and upto Rs. 750 per page for Japanese or Arabic.
Fashion Photography Courses In India
Fashion Photography is an ideal career option for people who
like being surrounded by glamouous people. An aspiring fashion photographer
must have a strong visual imagination and an eye for detail. He must also have
artistic sensitivity, creativity and the ability to work in difficult
List of Training Institutions In India
Diploma and Certificate courses in Fashion Photography are available at :
1. Academy of Photography, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
2. Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi
3. College Of Art, University of Delhi, Tilak Marg, New Delhi
4. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
5. jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
6. JJ School of Art, MG Road, Fort, Mumbai
7. Mass communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
8. National Institute Of Design,Paldi, Ahmedabad - 9
9. National Institute Of Fashion Technology , New Delhi
Fashion Merchandising Courses In India
List of Training Institutions In India
1. Footwear Design & Development Institute, A-10/A, Sec 24, Nioda - 201 301 URL : www.fddiindia.com
2. J D Institute of Fashion Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi URL :www.jdinstitute.com
3. Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Pratap Nagar, Udaipur 313 001 Rajasthan
4. National Institute of Fashion Design(NIFD), SCO.32-35 Madhya Marg, Sector 8 C, Chandigarh - 160 009 URL : www.nifd.net
5. National Institute Of Fashion Technology (NIFT) New Delhi (Centres in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ganshinagar & Bangalore) URL :www.niftindia.com
6. Pearl Academy, A2/13 Naraina Industrial Area, Phase-2, New Delhi - 110 028 URL: www.pearlavademy.com
7. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms (Centres in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune ) URL: www.wiganindia.org
Food Technology in
simpler terms is the application of food science in manufacturing food
products, which are safe, wholesome and nutritious. The food processing
industry covers a range of food products. These include the basic or primary
foods, such as wheat and rice products, sugar, oil and pulses, and the
processes for converting them into edible form.
After a course in Food Technology, there are a number of job prospects in the following areas: The food processing companies which cater to manufacturing the right quality of food products and the packaging companies which deal with the manner in which the product must be packaged for preservation. Research laboratories evaluate and analyze the food ingredients present in the products. Public sector undertakings in the Department of food also recruit people in this field.
Financial Management Courses In India
The Chartered FInancial
Planner(CFP) course is presently offered in India by two authorised education
providers of the Association of Financial Planners (AFP) in technical
collaboration with the Financial Planning Association of Australia Ltd.,(FPA).
The 2-year distance learning programme covers topics such as insurance planning
and risk management, retirement planning, tax and estate planning, employee
benefits, wealth creation, budgeting, cash flow management, debt management and
financial plan construction. Alternatively, an MBA/CFA/CA/Insurance
specialisation-singly or in combination, would also give you a broad
understanding of the various investment instruments and options, and their
List of Training Institutions In India
1. Association Of Financial Planners, 312, Turf Estate, Dr E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400 011 Maharashtra URL : www.afpindia.org
2. Financial Planners & Advisory Academy Pvt Ltd., 7, Readymoney Terrace, 167, Dr Annie Besant Road, Worli Naka, Mumbai - 400 018 Maharashtra URL :www.fpaaacademy.com
3. International College Of Financial Planning, (Bajai Capital Ltd.,) Bajai House, 97, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110 019 URL: www.collegefp.com
4. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms (Centres in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune ) URL: www.wiganindia.org
List of Institutions In
List of NIFT Centres in India :
1. NIFT, Chethana Bhavan, Nanpally, Hyderabad-500 001.
2. NIFT, Cooptex Building, 350 Pantheon Building, Egmore, Chennai-600 008.
3. NIFT, Manjusha Bhavan, 181, Sec. III, IB Block, Salt Lake City, Calcutta- 700 091.
4. NIFT, Plot E- 14, GIDC Electronic Estate, Gandhinager, gujarat-382 044.
5. NIFT, Tata Mills Compound, Dada Sahib Phalke Marg, Dadar (East), Mumbai-400 014.
6 .NIFT, The Karnataka State Co-operative Marketing Federation Building, No.8, Cunningham Road, Bangalore-560 052.
List of other training centres
1.Academy of Fashion Studies, 37, A Pocket B, Gangotri Enclave, Alaknanda, New Delhi - 110 019
2.ALT Training College, Kolkondanahalli, Sarjapur Road, Near Bellandur Gate, Bangalore - 560 035
3.Anima Institute of Fashion, Corporate Office at 1 Shambhu Nath Pandit St., Calcutta - 700 020
4.Apeejay Institute of Design (affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar), 54, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, MB Road, Near Batra Hospital New Delhi - 110 062
5.Apparel Training & Design Centre, Thiruvizha Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai - 600 032
6.Apple Publishing Technology Centre, A-220, Okhla Industrial Area-1, New Delhi-110 020
7.Assumption College, Changanasserry-1, Ph: 04810-2420109, 2402683
8.BD Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology, 625 G.D Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005
9.Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, 5-A, Sarat Bost Road (Opp.Minto Park), Calcutta-20
10.CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology, CEPZ, MIDC, Marol, Andheri, Mumbai - 400 093
11.College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras) No.7, P.V. Koil Street, Aminijikarai, Chennai - 600 029
12.Hyderabad Institute of Fashion Technology, D3, Huda Complex, Taranka, Secunderabad - 500 017
13.ID Institute of Fashion Technology, 3 Lal Haveli, Hauzkhaz Village, New Delhi - 110 016
14.IEC School of Art and Fashion, IEC House, M-92, Connaugh Place, New Delhi - 110 001
15.Indian School of Design, Silver Complex, Perunna, Changanacherry - 686 102
16.Institute of Design, 134, Boxwood Offices, Numgambakkam High Road, Chennai - 600 034
17.Institute of Fashion Technology & Hotel Management, KM-2, Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad
18.International Academy of Fashion, E-291, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi-110 048
19.International Academy of Fashion, Mundampalam, BMC PO, Kochi - 682 021
20.International Polytechnic, A-3, NDSE 1, New Delhi-110049
21.JD Institute of Fashion Technology (Affiliated to the International Fine Arts College, Miami, USA) D-147, Savitri Path Bapu Nagar, Jaipur
22.JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Rewa, Ground Floor, Opp.Cadbury House (Bank of India Lane), Haji Ali, Mumbai - 400 026
23.Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore - 641 006 (Affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore)
24.Mangalore Institute of Fashion Technology, 152/A, Opposite BPCL Filling Plant, Industrial Area, Baikampady, Mangalore-575 011
25.National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad-7
26.National Institute of Fashion Design, 14-B, Camac Street, Calcutta-700 017 (Campuses also at Howrah and Salt Lake)
27.National Institute of Fashion Technology (in collaboration with NIFT, New Delhi), Dr. Bhhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture Premises, Karvenagar, Pune-411 052
28.NIFT-TEA Knitwear Fashion Institute, 163, TEKIC, Tea Nagar, Tirupur-641 606, Coimbatore District
29.Nirmala Nikethan, Marine Lines, Mumbai
30.Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, C-115, Industrial Area, Phase VII, Mohali, Punjab
31.Pearl Academy of Fashion in association with Apple Publishing Technology Centre, A-220, Okhla Industrial Area-I, New Delhi - 110 020
32.Pearl Academy of Fashion, A21/13, Naraina Industrial Area, Phase-II, New Delhi-28 Ph:011-25891467, 25395107, 25703451
33.Polytechnic for Women, A3,South Extension Part 1, Ring Road, New Delhi - 110 049
34.Premila Vithaldas Polytechnic, SNDT, Juhu Tara Road, Santa Cruz (W), Mumbai - 400 049
35.PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore - 641 004
36.Royal School of Fashion, SC 4, Manipal Centre, 47, Dickknson Road, Bangalore - 560 042
37.School of Fashion Technology, Calicut University Centre, Kannur Road, Calicut; Phone : 368 190
38.School of Fashion Technology, Sanjuan Towers, Old Railway Station Road, Cochin - 682 018, Popular Buildings, RS Road, Trichur; Sharmees Towers, Sasthamangalam, Trivandrum - 695 010
39.Shree Devi College of Fashion Design, Maina Towers, Ballalbagh, Mangalore - 573 003, Phone : 0824-456511, 456501
40.Small Industrial Service Institute, 65/1, GST Road, Guindy, Chennai - 600 032
41.SNDT Women's University, 1 Nathibai Thackersey Road, Mumbai-400 020.
42. Sophia Polytechnic, Bhulabhai Desai Road, mumbai-26.
43. South Delhi Polytechnic, N-9, Ring Road, NDSE I New Delhi-110 049.
44. VNF Institute of Fashion Designing, 6, Shanti Niketan, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Matunga (E), Mumbai-400 019.
45. Wigan Fashion School, Wingan&Leigh College (India) Ltd., 401, Skipper Corner, 88, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
Floriculture Courses In India
cultivation of flowers, developing new varieties of commercial value, sale of
flowers as raw commodities, processing, distribution etc. for the local and
international market. Floriculture is emerging as a blooming business not only
in India but in other countries as well. The major importing countries of
flowers are Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Japan while the important
exporters are Columbia, Israel, Spain and Kenya.
Types of courses available in floriculture and landscaping
Following courses are avaialble:
* Certificate Courses
* Graduate Level
* Post-Graduate and Doctoral Level
List of Institutions offering Courses In Floriculture
1. Dr.Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, nauni, Solan - 173230 (HP) Website :www.yspuniversity.ac.in
2. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishva Vidyalaya, Jabalpur (MP) Website www.jnkvv.nic.in
3. Chawdhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishva Vidyalaya, Palampur (HP) Webstiewww.hillagric.ernet.in
4. Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik ( Maharashtra)
5. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Website : www.pau.edu
6. University of Agricultural Sciences, Gandhi Krishi Vigyan Kendra, bangalore, Website :
GEMMOLOGY & JEWELLERY DESIGN
List of Institutions In
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
2. Department of Geology, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai-400 001.
3. Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council, Jaipur-302 003.
4. Gemstones Artisans Training School, Jhalana Mahal, Jaipur-302017
5. Indian Diamond Institute, Sumul Diary Road, Katargam, Post Box-508, Surat-395008.
6. Indian Gemmological Institute, Nirmal Towers, 26 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi-110 001.
7. Jewellery Design & Manufacture Department, 3rd Floor, P.V. Polytechnic, SNDT Women's University, Juhu Campus, Santa Cruz West, Mumbai-49.
8. Jewellery Design & Technology Institute (JDTI) , A-89, Sector 2, Noida 201301 Ph.: 0120-2540571/ 72 / 73
Website : www.jdtiindia.com OR Click Here For Details
9. Jewellery Product Development Centre, Commerce Centre, Tardeo, Mumbai-400 034.
10. NIFT, Tata Mills Compound, Dada Sahib Phalke Marg Dadar (E), Mumbai-400 014.
12. NIFT, The Karnataka State Cooperative Marketing Federation Building, No.8, Cunningham Road, Bangalore-560 052.
13. SG Jhaveri Centre for Diamond Technology, Shri Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic, Vile Parle West, Mumbai-400 056.
14. Small Industries Services Institute, Guindy, Chennai-32.
15. The Gemmological Institute of India., 29, Gurukul Chambers, 187-189 Mumbadevi Road, Mumbai-2.
16. St.Xavier’s College, Geology Department, Mumbai-400001.
17. Sindhar Institute of Gemology, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Jaipur, Surat. (www.sindhar.com)
1. Art and Design Admissions Registry (ADAR), Penn House, 9 Broad Street, Hereford HR4 9AP.
2. National Association of the Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 22090.
List of Institutions In
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Allgarh-202 002.
2. Andhra University, Vishakha-patnam-530 003.
3. Anna University, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, TN
4. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608 025, TN
5. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005.
6. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapallu-24, TN.
7. Cochin University of Science & TEchnology, Kochi-22.
8. Dr. Harishingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar-3.
9. Gulbarga University, Gulbarga-585 106.
10. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143 005.
11. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721 302, West Bengal.
12. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826 004.
13 Jmia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-25.
14. Karnataka University, Dharwad-580 003.
15. Kurukshetra University, Kurushetra-136 119.
16. M.Sc.Marine Geology at Goa University, Taleigao Plateau, Goa-403 203.
17. MS University of Baroda, Vadodara-390 002.
18. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440 010.
19. Osmanta University, Hyderabad-500 007, Andhra.
20. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry-605 014.
21. pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur-10.
22. University of Delhi, New Delhi-110 007.
23. University of Madras, Chennai-600 005, TN.
24. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
25. University of Pune, Pune-411 007.
26. University of Roorkee, Roorkee-247 667.
27. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar-751 004.
1. American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Communications Department, PO Box 979, Tulsa, Ok 74101.
2. American Geological Institute, 4220 King St., Alexandria, VA 22302-1502.
3. American Geophysical Union, 2000 Florida Ave, NE., Washington, DC 20009.
4. American Meteorological Society, 45, beacon St., Boston, MA 02108.
5. Association of American Geographers, 1710 16th St., NW, Washington, DC 20009.
6. Geological Society, Burtlington House, Piccadilly, London WIV 9AG.
7. Marine Technological Society, 1828, L.St., NW., Suite 906, Washington DC 200036.
List of Institutions In
1. Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderbad-500 030, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Agra University, Agra-280 004, Uttar Pradesh.
3. Amaravati University, Near Tapowan, Amaravati-444 602, Maharashtra.
4. Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Hyderabad-500 030, Andhra Pradesh.
5. Andhra University, Waltair, Visakhapatnam-530 003, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat-785 013, Assam.
7. Avinashilingam Institute of Home Science for Women, Coimbatore-641 043, TN.
8. Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa-486 003, Madhya Pradesh.
9. Banasthali Vidyapith, PO Bana-sthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan-22.
10. Bangalore University, Jana Bharathi, Bangalore-560 056, Karnataka.
11. Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya, Hosphangabad Road, Bhopal-462 026, Madhya Pradesh.
12. Bharathiyar University, Maruthamali Road, Coimbatore-641 046, Tamil Nadu.
13. Ch. Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar-125 004, Haryana.
14. Chandrashekhar Azad University of Agricultural & Technology, Kanpur-208 002.
15. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, 169, Tagore Marg, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
16. Dr. Hari Singh Gaur Vishwavidyalaya, Gour Nagar, Sagar-470 003, Madhya Pradesh.
17. Gandhigram Rural Institute, Gandhigarm-624 302 Distt. Dindigual, Tamil Nadu.
18. Goa University, PO Santa Cruz, Taleigao Platau, Goa-403 002.
19. Govind Ballabhpant University of Agriculture and Tech, Pantnagar-263 145, Distt.Nainital, Uttaranchal.
20. Gujarat Agricultural University, Faculty of Home Science, Sardat Krushinagar-385 506, Banaskantha.
21. Guru Ghasidas University, Faculty of Home Science, PO Koni, Bilaspur-495 009, Chhattisgarh.
22. Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar-125 004.
23. Himachal Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur-176 062, Dist-Kangra, Himachal Pradesh.
24. Jadavpur University, Faculty of Science, PO Jadavpur, Kolkata-700 032.
25. Jiwaji University, Faculty of Science, Vidya Vihar, Gwalior-474 011, MAdhya Pradesh.
26. Karnataka University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad-3.
27. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-132 119.
28. Lady Irvin College, Sikandra, Road, New Delhi-1.
29. Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkali Nagar, Madurai-625 021, Tamil Nadu.
30. Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Faculty of Home Science, Opp Drug Laboratory, Shastri Bridge Road, Fatehganj, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
31. Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur-3.
32. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, University Building, Kokkirakulam, Tirunelveli-627 009, TN.
33. Marathwada Krishi Vidyapith, Faculty of Home Science, Krishi Nagar, Parbhani-461 402, Maharashtra.
34. Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar-522 510, Dist-Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
35. Nagpur University, Faculty of Home Science, Nagpur-1.
36. Narendra Dev University of Agriculture & Technology, Faizabad-224 229.
37. Orissa University of Agri culture and Technology, Bhubaneswar-751 003, Orissa.
38. Pandicherry University, Faculty of Science, R. Venkataraman Nagar, Kalapat, Pondicherry-605 104.
39. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141 004.
40. Punjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh-160 014.
41. Rajasthan Agricultural University, PO Box 19, Bikaner-334 001, Rajashtan.
42. Rajendra Agricultural University, PO Pusa, Samastipur-848 125, Bihar.
43. Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Pachpedi, Jablpur, 482 001, Madhya Pradesh.
44. Ravishankar University, Raipur-492010, Chhattisgarh.
45. Rohilkhand University, University Campus, Bareilly-243 001.
46. Sambalpur University, Burla-768 017, Sambalpur.
47. Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat-388 120.
48. Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati-518 502, Andhra Pradesh.
49. Tamil Nadu GD Naidu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641 003, Tamil Nadu.
50. University of Agricultural Science, Dharwad Krishi Nagar, Dharwad-580 005, Karnataka.
51. University pf Allahabad, Alllahabad-211 002, UP.
52. University of Bombay, MG Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 032, Maharashtra.
53. University of Culcutta, 87, College Street, Calcutta-73.
54. University of Calicut, Malappuram, Dist. Calicut, Kerala-673 635.
55. University of Delhi, Faculty of Science, Delhi-110 007.
56. University of Jammu, Faculty of Science, New Campus, Tawi, Jammu & Kashmir.
57. University of Kerala, Faculty of Science, Thiruvananthapuram-695 034.
58. University of Madras, Centenary Buildings, Chepauk, Chennai-600 005, Tamil Nadu.
59. University of Mysore, Mysore, Karya Soudha Crawford Hall, Mysore-570 005, Karnataka.
60. University of Rajastha, Jaipur-302 004, Rajasthan.
61. Vikram University, Kothi Road, Ujjain-456 010, MP
List of Institutions In
1. Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista, Khairatabad, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad-500 082. (In association with the Hinduja Foundation).
2. All India Institute of Local Self Government, Sthanikraj Bhavan, CD Barfiwala Marg, Andheri West, Mumbai-58.
3. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 029.
4. Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Apollo Hospital Campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500 033.
5. ASCI-Hinduja Institute of Healthcare Management, ASCI College Park, Banjara Hills, Road #3, Hyderabad-500 034.
6. Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani-333 031, Rajasthan.
7. Birla Institute of Technology, Mestra, Ranchi-835 125, Bihar.
8. Christian Medical College, Vellore-632 002, TN.
9. Department of Management Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021.
10. Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110 007.
11. Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), Opp.Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302 011.
12. Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahalya Viswa vidyalaya, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
13. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, University Building, Madhav Nagar, Manipal-576 119, Karnataka.
14. National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munirka, New Delhi-110 067.
15. School of Medical Education, Gandhi Nagar, Kottayam-686 008, Kerala.
16. Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai-88.
Reputed institutions offering courses in Hospital Management:
For medical students:
• AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029. (Non-medical sponsored graduates with 60 per cent marks and seven years work experience I administrative position in a hospital are eligible to apply).
• Armed Forces Medical College, Sholapur Road, Pune-411040.
• Kasturba Medical College, Manipal-576119.
• Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad-500082
• The National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munrika, New Delhi-110067. (It offers PG certificate course I Health and Family Welfare Management through Distance Learning).
• University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi-110007. (www.fms.edu).
Courses for non-medical students available at:
• Tata Institute of Social Science, Sion-Trombay Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088.
• Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Apollo Hospital Campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500033.
• Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302011.
• Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute (Deemed University), Porur, Chennai-600116. Admission is usually on the basis of a competitive entrance examination.
1. American College of Health Care Administrations, 325, South Patrick Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
2. Association of University Programs in Health Administration, 1911 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 503, Arlington, VA 22209.
3. Institute of Health Services Management, 39, Chalton Street, London NW1, 1JD.
HOTEL MANAGEMENT -
List of Institutions In
Institute Affiliated to NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HOTEL MANAGEMENT & CATERING TECHNOLOGY - NCHMCT Website: www.nchmct.org
1.Institute of Hotel Management,Bhaijipura, Patia Adalaj, Kudasan, Gandhinagar –382 421 Tel.: 079-23276656/ 57 / 58 e-mail: ihmahd @vsnl.net
2.Institute of Hotel Management,S.J.Polytechnic Campus, Seshadri Road,Bangalore – 560001 Tel.: 080-22262960 Fax: 080-22268562 e-mail:ihm@vsnl. Com
3.Institute of Hotel Management,1100 Quarters, Near Academy of Administration,Bhopal – 462016 Tel.: 0755-2464397 Fax: 0755-2468046 e-mail: ihmbh@ sancharnet.in
4.Institute of Hotel Management, Veer Surendra Sai Nagar, Bhubaneswar – 751004 Tel.: 0674-2581864 Fax: 0674-2581241 e-mail: hospitalty @ihmbbs.org
5.Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Sector 42 D, Chandigarh – 160036 Tel.: 0172-2604833 Fax: 0172-2611956 e-mail: ihmchd@sify. Com
6.Institute of Hotel Management, CIT Campus, TTTI-Tharamani, Chennai – 600113 Tel.: 044-22542029 Fax: 044-22541615
7.Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa Complex, New Delhi – 110012 Tel.: 011-25842429 / 25840147 Fax: 011-25843177 e-mail: ihmpusa @rediffmail.com
8. Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, Behind Lady Sriram College, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi – 110024 Tel.: 011-26435883 / 26422174 Fax: 011-26214812
9.Institute of Hotel Management, Dara Gaon, Tadong Gangtok – 737102 Tel.: 03592-270735 Fax: 03592-222707 e-mail : ihmgangtok@rediffmail .com
10. Institute of Hotel Management, Alto Porvorim, Bardez, Goa – 403521 Tel.: 0832-2417252 Fax: 0832-2417209 e-mail: ihmgoa @sancharnet.in
11. Institute of Hotel Management, Village Bariar, GT Road, Gurdaspur – 143521 Tel.: 01874-222501 Fax: 01874-222502 e-mail: ihmgsp @jla.vsnl.net.in
12. Institute of Hotel Management, G.S.Road, Bhangagarh, Guwahati – 781005 Tel.: 0361-2452273 E-Mail: ihmctanghy @hotmail .com
13. Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Garhi Cantt. Near ONGC Helipad Dehradun-248001 Tel.: 0135-3257003 Fax:0135-2550271/2550272 E-Mail: ihm_ddn@hotmail .com
14. Institute of Hotel Management, Airport Road, Maharajpura PO, Gwalior – 474020 Tel.: 0751-2471477, 2471250 Fax: 0751-2471230 e-mail: ihmgwl@ sanchar net.in
15. Institute of Hotel Management, F’ Row, Durgabai Deshmukh Colony, Vidyanagar, Hyderabad – 500007 Tel.: 040-27427569 Fax: 040-27427898 e-mail: ihm hyderabad@ rediff mail.com
16. Institute of Hotel Management, Near Bani Park Police Station, Sikar Road, Jaipur – 302016 Tel.: 0141-2202812, 2200402 Fax: 0141-2200402 e-mail: ihmjpr-jp1 @sancharnet.in
17. Institute of Hotel Management, Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Jodhpur – 342001 Tel.: 0291-2616929, e-mail: sihm @rediff mail.com
18.Institute of Hotel Management, P-16, Taratola Road, Kolkata – 700088 Tel.: 033-24014218 / 24014353 Fax: 033-24014281 e-mail: ihmcal@ .vsnl.net.
19. Institute of Hotel Management, Seed Farm, Sector G, Aliganj, Lucknow – 226024 Tel.: 0522-2326772 Fax:2221776 e-mail: ihm@ sancharnet.in
20. Institute of Hotel Management, Veer Sawarkar Marg, Dadar (W), Mumbai – 400028 Tel.: 022-24457241 / 24457242 Fax: 022-24449779 e-mail: mumcat@vsnl. Com
21. Institute of Hotel Management, Near Ramashish Chowk Opp. State Circuit House Hazipur ,Vaishali (Bihar) Ph: 06224- 274937; 275354 Fax: 276486
22. Institute of Hotel Management, “Lumpyngad”, Bishop Cotton Road, Shillong – 793001 Tel.: 0364-2501616 e-mail: msootingl@ hotmail.com
23. Institute of Hotel Management, Kufri, Shimla – 171012 Tel.: 0177-2648322 Fax: 0177-2648208 e-mail: hmkufri @sancharnet.in
24. Institute of Hotel Management, Bouleward Road, Nehru Park, Srinagar – 190001 Tel.: 0194-2474828 Fax: 2474828 E-Mail: dnasa2001 @yahoo.com
25. Institute of Hotel Management, G.V.Raja Road, Kovalam PO, Thiruvananthapuram – 695527 Tel.: 0471-2480283 E-Mail : ihmctkov@ eth.net
26. Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management Sector 42-D Chandigarh-160036 Tel.: 0172-2609472 Fax:0172-2610037/2662740 E-Mail: fcichd@hotmail .com Webasite : www.foodcraftchandigarh.com
27. SRM Institute of Hotel Management, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram - 603203 Tamil Nadu Tel.: 044-27453147, 27453148 e-mail: email@example.com
28. Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, 11, R.A. Lines, Dogra Mandir Lane, Meerut Cantt. (U.P.) Tel.: 0121-2643590, 2656096 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
29. Shri Shakti College of Hotel Management, Venus Plaza, Adjacent to Airport Exit Road, Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500016 Tel.: 040-27908585, 27908787, 66906504 e-mail: email@example.com Website: www.sschm.com
30. Oriental School of Hotel Management, Valley View, Lakkidi P.O. - 673576 Vythiri Taluk, Wayand (Kerala) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Academy of Culinary Education, Cidade de Goa Beach Resort, Vainguinim Beach, Goa-403 004.
2. AE & C.S. Maruti College of Hotel Management, 3rd Cross, Bangalore-27.
3. Ai-Ameen Arts, Science & Commerce College, Bangalore-27.
4. Anjuman-I-Islam's A.K. Hafizka Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, 92, D.N. Road, Next to Times of India Building, Mumbai-400 001, Maharashtra, Ph: +91-22-2265 2272/2263 2817
5. Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, C/O. ASC Centre (South) P.O. Agram, Bangalore-560 007 (only for children of service army personnel/regula army pensioner).
6. Blooms College of Hotel Management, 12, Om Nagar, Langar Houx, Hyderabad-8.
7. Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute of Hotel Management, Dr. D.Y. Vidyanagar, Sector-7, Nerul New Mumbai-400 706.
8. Faculty of Management Studies, Rohikhand University, Bareilly.
9. Garden City College of Science and Management Studies, No, 9, BCIF, Old Market Road, Doorvani Nagar, Bangalore-49.
10. Graduate School of Business & Administration, Opp-Alt Centre, R-13/8, Raj Nagar, Post Box No-5, Ghaziabad-1.
11. Hindustan Academy of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Ollanker, Bangalore-8.
12. Hotel Management College, AE-486, Salt Lake, Calcutta-64.
13. IIAS-School of Hotel Management, CD 52, Salt Lake, Calcutta-700 064.
14. Indian Institute of Business Management, Budha Marg, Patna-800 001.
15. Indian Institute of Hotel Management & Catering, 435, Old Station Bazar, Bhubaneswar, Orissa-751 006.
16. Indian Institute of Hotel Management (Assisted by the Taj Group of Hotels), Rauza Bagh, Aurangabad-1.
17. Indian Institute of Science and Management, IISM Campus, Pundag, Ranchi-834 004.
18. Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Sector 8, CBD, New Bombay-400 614.
19. Institute of Hotel Management & Catering, 191, Saharanpur Road, Patel Nagar, Dehradun, Khatyari, Almore, Uttar Pradesh.
20. Institute of Hotel Management, II R.A. Lines, Teh Mall, Meerut Cantt-250 001.
21. Institute of Hotel Management , Kufri, Shimla-171 012.
22. Institute of Professional Science and Professional Management, A, B, Scheet Circle, Mangalore-1.
23. International Institute of Hotel Management, EC 37, Salt Lake, Calcutta-700 064.
24. Kadankale Krishna Rao Memorial College of Hotel Management, Woodlands Hotel Complex, 5 Raja, Rammohan Roy Road, Bangalore-560 025.
25. Karnataka Valley College of Hotel Management, Pipe Line Road, Bangalore-86.
26. KLE Society, Nijalingappa College (Bangalore University), Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore-560 010.
27. Kodaikanal Christian College, Paradise Hill, Kodaikanal-624 104, Ph: 04542 242216/242216,
28. KPHRA Education Trust College of Hotel, Kaveri Continental, Kannimgham Road, Bangalore-1.
29. Maurya Institute of Hotel Management, No-9, Wheelers Road, Frazer Town, Bangalore.
30. Motimahal College of Hotel Management, Falnir Road, Management-1.
31. National Institute of Hotel & Tourism Management, Aurangabad-431 005.
32. NIPS School of Hotel Management, EC-98, Sector1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 064. Ph: 033-2358 6476, 2334 3079;
33. Niraj College of Hotel Management, Sadaat Manzil, ameerpet, Hyderabad-500 016.
34. NR Institute of Hotel Management, P.R. Palaya, Bangalore-72.
35. NRI Institute, No, 6, Papreddy Palya, Nagarabhavi, 2nd Stage, Bangalore-560 072.
36. Oberoi Centre for Learning and Development (Oberoi School of Hotel Management), 1 Sham Nath Marg, New Delhi-110 054.
37. Oriental School of Hotel Management, Valley View, Lakkidi-673576, Kerala.
38. People's Education Society, 50, Ft Road, Hanumantha Nagar, Bangalore-560 050.
39. Presidency College of Hotel Management, Hotel Royal Orchid,#1, Golf Avenue, Adj. KGA Golf Course,Off. Airport Road,Bangalore - 560 008 Ph: 9180 2520 2793 -96 Website: www.presidencycollege.edu.in
40. Institute of Hospitality Management, N.13, Sainik Farms (South), New Delhi-110 062, Ph: 6569006, 6867827.
41. Ram Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, 59/3, Rajpur Road, Dehra Dun, Uttaranchal, ph: 91-135-2749500,
42. Razvi College of Catering Technology, Bandra (West), Mumbai-400 050.
43. RN Shetty College of Hotel Management & Catering Technology , No, 4, Kaviraja Marg, Bailappanavar Nagar, Hubli-29.
44. S, College of Hotel Management, B.E.M.L. Nagar, K.G.F. 563 115.
45. Sambhram Group of Educational Institutions, 28, 1 Main Road, Jayamahal Extention, Bangalore-560 046.
46. Saptagiri College of Hotel Management, Kavoor, Mangalore-575 015, Ph: 91-0824-481672 (7 lines),
47. Sarosh Institute of Hotel Administration (S.I.H.A), Pentagon Complex, Kankanady PO, Managalore.
48. Sarva North India Institute of Hotel Management, Gulmohar Complex, Zirakpur-Shimla Highway, Nr-Railway Crossing (Opp. Hotel Sunpark), Zirakpur, Punjab, Ph: +91-172-5070304, 3095748.
49. Shri Shakti College of Hotel Management, Venus Plaza, adjacent to Airport, Begumpet, Hyderabad-16.
50. Srinivas College of Hotel Management (Under Mangalore University), G.H.S. Road, Managalore-1.
51. Srinivas College of Hotel Management, GHS Road, Managalore-575 001.
52. SRM Institute of Hotel Management, 2, Veerasamy Street, West Mambalam, Chennai-600 033.
53. St. John's College of Hotel Management, Vijaya Nagar, Second Stage, Bangalore-11.
54. Subhalalkshmi Lakshpathy College of Science, T.V.R. Nagar, Madurai-625 022, Tamil Nadu.
55. Tjohn Institute of Hotel Management SG-4, Manipal Centre, 47 Dickenson Road, Bangalore-560 042.
56. Tirupude College of Social Work, Sadar, Nagpur.
57. Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Valley View, Manipal -576 119.
58. Indian Institute of Hotel Management and Culinary Arts,7 - 91/5, Nagendra Nagar, Habsiguda X Roads,Hyderabad - 7. Ph: 040 - 27154304, 27171591 Website: www.iihmca.org
59. Culinary Academy Of India, 6-3-1219/6A ,Umanagar,Begumpet,Hyderabad –5000 16,Phone No : 040-23418064,Fax No : 91-40-23403440,Email : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org Website :www.iactchefacademy.com
60. R M Institute of Hospitality Management, Lane W-17K (N-13), South of Sainik Farms, New Delhi – 110062, India Telephone: +91 11 29 555 827/ 29 555 006/ 29 551 952/ 32 973 178 , Hotline Nos. +91 9310256004/ 9310256005 Fax: +91 11 29553 685 E-mail: email@example.com Website:www.rminstutesindia.com
Following Institutes in Tamil Nadu Conduct 3 year Degree Course in Hotel Management and Catering:
1. Bhaktha Valsum College of Women, Korattur, Madras-81
2. Cheran Arts and Science College, Kakayam, Periyar
3. Jaya J College of Science, Old Pallavaram, Madras
4. MGR College, Hosur-9.
5. MGR Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Madras-87.
6. PGP College of Arts & Science, Namakal, Salem District
7. Punga College of Arts & Science, Babu Rajendra Prasad Road, West Mambalam, Madras-33.
8. Sapttagiri College of Engineering Chinna Swami Street, Dharmapuri-636 701.
9. SNR Sons College, Avarampalayam, Coimbatore-16.
10. Sreeram Institute of Hotel Management, Madras.
11. Star International Academy of Hotel Management, Greems Road Madras-6.
12. VJP College of Catering Technology & Hotel Management, Narayanagar, Tiruchirapally-3.
1. Chefs de Cuisine Association of America, 155, East 55th Street Suite 302B, New York, NY-10022.
2. Culinary Institute of America, 433, Albanya Post Road, Hyde Park, NY 12538-1499, 1200 17th Street, NW Washington, DC 20036.
3. IHTTI School of Management Neuchatel, Neuchatel, Switzerland. Head Office: IHTTI, Box 4006, Basel, Switzerland.
4. Le Cordon Bleu (London) 114, Marylebone Lane, London W1M 6HH.
5. Swiss Hotel Association Hotel Management School, LES ROCHES, CH-3975 Bluche-Crans-Montana, Valais-Switzerland.
List of Institutions In
Information Technology Course in computers are of four types:
1. University course.
2. Those offered by IT conglomerates like Microsoft, Sun and Oracle.
3. Department of Electronics Accredited Computer.
4. Courses offered by large and small training institutes which are either affiliated to Indian or foreign universities or have no affiliation at all.
Best IT Cert Study-Guides Software
Address of Major Institutions offering Graduate/P.G. Programmes in Computers:
1. Alagappa University, Karaikudy, T.Nadu.
2. Assam Engineering College, Jalukbari PO, Guwahati, Assam.
3. Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan.
4. Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
5. Bapuji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Davangere, Karnataka.
6. Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot, Karnataka.
7. Bengal Engineering College, Howrah, West Bengal.
8. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-641 046.
9. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan.
10. Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, Bihar.
11. BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore.
12. Chowdhary Charansigh University, Meerut.
13. Cochin University of Science & Technology, Faculty of Technology, Thrikkakara Campus, Cochin-688 022, Kerala.
14. Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
15. College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
16. College of Engineering, Pune-411 005, Maharashtra.
17. College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala.
18. College of Engineering, Waltair, Visakapatnam, A.P.
19. Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
20. Department of Computer Science, Delhi University Delhi.
21. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu.
22. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Calcutta.
23. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Calcutta.
24. Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Baroda, Gujarat.
25. Govt. BDT College of Engineering, Davangere, Karnataka.
26. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
27. Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur, Kerala,
28. Harcourt Technological Institute, Kanpur, UP.
29. IIT Chennai.
30. IIT Delhi
31. IIT Kanpur.
32. IIT Kharagpur.
33. IIT Mumbai.
34. Indian Agril. Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi.
35. Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow, UP.
36. Institute of Technology & Science, Sultanpur, UP.
37. Institute of Technology, Varanasi, UP.
38. ITS, Bangalore, Karnataka.
39. Jadavpur University, Calcutta-700 032.
40. JK Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Allahabad, UP.
41. INTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
42. Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, Nuttaki, Guntur, AP.
43. LD College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
44. MA College of Technology, Bhopal, MP.
45. Maland College of Engineering. Post Box No. 21, Hassan-573201, Karnataka.
46. MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
47. Motilal Nehru Ragional Engineering College, Allahabad-211 004, Uttar Pradesh.
48. MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
50. National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, Karnataka.
51. PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga, Karnataka.
52. PES College of Engineering, Mandya, Karnataka.
53. Poona Institute of Computer Technology, Pune.
54. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
55. RA College of Engineering, New Mumbai.
56. Regional Engineering College, Rourkela, Orissa.
57. Regional Engineering College, Silchar-788 010, Assam.
58. Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappali-620 015, Tamil Nadu.
59. Regional Engineering College, Warangal, A.P.
60. Rural Engineering College, Bhalki Bidar, Karnataka.
61. RV College of Engineering, Bangalore.
62 School of Computer & Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
63. School of Mathematics & Computer Information Science, Hyderabad-500 134.
64. School of Maths & Computer Information Sciences, Hyderabad.
65. Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwar College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwar, Karnataka.
66. Shri G.S. Institute of Technology & Science, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
67. SNDT Women's University, Sir Vithaldas Vidyavihar, Juhu Road, Santa Cruz (W), Mumbai-400 054.
68. Sri Jayachmarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore.
69. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
70. Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai.
71. Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering, Quilon, Kerala.
72. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
73. Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
74. University Computer Centre, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
75. University of Poona, Pune-411 007, Maharashtra.
76. University of Roorkee, Roorkee, UP.
77. University Visveswara College of Engineering , Bangalore.
78. Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneshwar-751 004.
79. Victoria Jubilee Technological Institute, Matunga, Mumbai.
80. VR Sidhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
81. Watermull Institute of Electronics Engineering Computer Technology & Electronics Instrumentation, Mumbai.
82. Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh, UP.
Best IT Cert Study-Guides Software
Department of Electronics Accreditation of Computer Courses (DOEACC):
Introduced in 1991 by Department of Electronics (DOE), these courses offer a certain quality and standard in computer education. There are four levels of courses under this scheme.
'O' Level/Foundational Level affirms the individuals competence as programmer assistant. Students who have completed +2 and the 'O' Level course from accredited institutes can appear for this exam. Direct applications need a year's relevant job experience in IT including teaching in a recognised training centre or a pass in the NCVT-DP & CS (Data Preparation & Compiter Software), along with the basic +2 qualification.
'A' Level/Advanced Diploma Level: The candidate who qualifies 'A' level is equipped for a programmer's job. Duration of course is 11/2 years. Eligibility for 'A' Level Exam: Graduate + 'O' level + accredited 'A' level course. For Direct Applicants - Graduate + 'O' Level + 1 year relevant experience.
'B' Level/Graduate Level: Those who qualify this exam will be proficient as systems analyst/software designer/engineer. Duration: 3 years full time programme. Eligibility for 'B' Level Exam: Graduate + 'A' Level + accredited 'B' level course. For Direct entrants: Graduate + 'A' Level + 2 years relevant experience or graduate + 3 years relevant experience.
'C' Level/Masters Level: The candidate who qualifies this exam can be a systems manager. Duration: 18 months full time course. Eligibility: B.Tech/BE/MCA/MSc/MBA (after BSc (Maths) + 'B' Level + 'C' Level Course.
Direct applicants: BTech/BE/MCA/MSc [Maths/Statistics/Operation Research] /MBA (after B.Sc(Maths) + 'B' Level + 18 months relevant experience.
Registration for these is a must and the registration is valid for 5 years. DOE collaborates with 2 professional bodies for smooth conduct of these courses. a. Computer Society of India (CSI) for 'O' & 'A' Level. b. Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers. For Details Contact : DOEACC Control Centre, C/o, Man Powere Development Division, Depatment of Eletronics Niketan (2nd Floor), 6 Lodhi Road, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
Some Institutions offering (DOEACC) Courses: 1. Academy of Computer Electronics & Information Technology Wing, Directorate of Industries, Ramthar Veng, Lunglei-796102.
2. Academy of Computer Technology, C9/28, Sector 7, Rohini, New Delhi.
3. Acharya Prafulla Chandra College Computer Centre, New Barrackpore.
4. Acme Computer Institute, 2/5, Godawari Complex New Radhika Road, Near Hotel Rajtara, Satara-415 002.
5. Action for Self Reliance & Alternatives, WZ-14A, Jeet Shopping Market, Budhella, Near Dg-II Flats, Vikaspuri, New Delhi-110018.
6. Advance Computes, (Franchise of Excel Infotech Ltd) 49, Gem Enclave, Prdhan Marg, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur-302 017.
7. AIWC Computer Training Centre, Sarojini House, IInd Floor, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
8. All India Women's Conference Computer Training Centre, 3/1351, Behind D M's Residence, New Bhagat Singh Colony, Bajoria Road, Saharanpur-247 001.
9. Alphonsa Institute of Computer Studies, Alphonsa College, Arunapuram PO., Pala. Via. Cochin, Kottayam District.
10. Alpiers Computer Education F-41, Das & Yadav Computers, Panchvati Circle, Raja Park Jaipur-4.
11. Applied Computers Systems, # 740, Sector 11-B, Chandigarh-160 011.
12. Arcade Business College, Arya Kumar Road, Rajendra Nagar, Patna-800 016.
13. Ashutosh College Computer Centre, 10, Basant Bose Road, Calcutta.
14. Assam Electronics Development Corpn. Ltd., Industrial Estate, Bamunimaidan, Guwahati-781 021.
15. Axis College of Economics & Commerce, IInd & IIIrd Floors, Kesava Buildings, S.S. Kovai Road, Thampanoor, Trivandrum-695 001.
16. Aztech Computers (Uptron ACL-South Extn.), 41, Housing Society, South Extension-1, New Delhi-49.
17. Baftek Computer Education (A Unit of Baftek Infosys Pvt. LTd), L-1, Near Birla Guest House, Kalpana Square, Bhubaneswar-751 014.
18. Bankatlal Badruka Centre Information, Sctl. Ghanisram Gopikishen Badruka Educational Society, Section Road, Kanchiguda, Hyderabad-500 027.
19. Basant Computer Centre (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd), S-17/331-C, Vijay Nagar, Maldahiya, Varanasi-221 002.
21. Basant Dynamics, 472, Pepee Compound, Near Sujata Cinema, Patna.
22. Basanti Devi College Computer Centre, 147b, Rash Behari Avenue, Calcutta.
23. Bhawani Infortech (franchisee of Cistems) NCC Building, Bhootia Paraov, Civil Lines, Haldwani-263 141.
24. Bidhan Chandra College Computer Centre, 31 G T Road (E) Rishra.
25. Biff & Bright Computer Academy Pvt. Ltd., 18, Ved Vatika, New Sanganer Road, Sodala, Jaipur-302 019.
26. Blew Computer Centre, 133, 134 N-3, B-Sector, Vijay Market, Nerkhara, BHEL, Bhopal-462 021.
27. Brainware Consultancy Private Limited, 109, BK Street, Uttarpara, Hooghly, Uttarpara-712 258.
28. Bran. Sewakunj, 48/1, Snehlataganj, Indore-452 003.
29. BRC Institute of Computer Scieces, (Managed by Boss Computer Limited) #188, Sector 19-A, Chandigarh.
30. C R P F I I & T, Under C R P F Educacational Society, 103 Bn. RAF Campus P.O. Gokulpuri, Wazirabad. New Delhi-110 094.
31. C.Tech, Computer Training Institute, 02, Man Singh Pura, Ist Floor, Near Tonk Road Puliya, Tonk Road, Jaipur-302 015.
32. Cat Academy # 61/63, 2nd Floor, 8th B main, 27th Cross, 8th B main, 27th Cross, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-560 011.
33. Cat Academy, 9-23, Sree Ganesh Complex, Opp. DSNR Bus Depot. Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad-500 036.
34. Cat Academy, 610, 4th Floor, Chandralok Complex, Paradise Circle, Secunderabad-500 003.
35. Cat Academy, 610, 6th Floor, Nilgiri Block, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad-500 038.
36. Cat Academy, Flat #102, 1st floor, 3-4-637 to 641, Moghul Mare Ratan, Opp, Deepak Theatre, Narayanguda, Hyderabad-500 029.
37. Cat Academy, Sri Gangabhavani Complex, Chuttogunta Centre, Eluru Road, Vijayawada-520 002.
38. CCS Academy of ComputerEducation (Subject to Screening), 502-504, Ashok Bhawan, 93, Nehru Place, Delhi-110 019.
39. Centre For Advanced Computer Technology (subject to Screening), 692/A, Saluja Chamber, Pune-Satara Road, Pune-411 037.
40. Centre for Advanced Learning in Software Technology Division, PS Elect. Dev, & Prodn. Corp. Ltd. SCO 169-170, Sector 8-C, 2nd Floor, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh.
41. Centre for Computers & Communications Teachnology, New Khadi Bhavan, Deorali.
42. Centre for Electronics Design & Technology of India (Srinagar) Extension Centre, 149, A/D, Gandhi Nagar, Green Belt, Jammu (Tawi)-180 004.
43. Centre for Electronics Design and Tech of India (CEDTI), A-34, Industrial Area, Phase-VIII, Sas Nagar, Mohali-160 059.
44. Chinmaya Computer Education Centre, Chinmays Degree College, BHEL, Hardwar.
45. College of Engineering And Technology, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar-751 003.
46. Compin Technologies, Franchisee of Aptech Computer, Education, 5th Floor, Chanakya, Near Dinesh Hall, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380 009.
47. Compucom Technologies Pvt. Limited 5A, 4th Floor, Tilak Marg, Opp, Udyogh Bhawan, C-Scheme, Jaipur-302 005.
48. Computer Career Institute, 33, Upendra Nagar, Durgakund, Kanpur.
49. Computer Centre, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh.
50. Computer Centre, Tezpur University, Tezpur-784 007.
51. Computer Circle, Shakuntal, Near Hanuman Mandir, Rathi Nagar, Amravati-444 603.
52. Computer Informatics, IInd floor, Golden Towers, North Bypass Road, Hyderabad.
53. Computer System & Services, 10, Community Centre, Mayapuri Phase-1, New Delhi.
54. Computer Training Centre, All India Women's Conference, Indore.
55. Computer, S.C.O, 66-67, Sector 8-C, M.Marg, Chandigarh-160 018.
56. Cyber Comptech Pvt. Ltd. (Franchisee of Tata Infotech Ltd-Tulec), 13-C, IInd Floor, Vallabh Nagar, Jaipur.
57. Cyber Soft Computing, A Franchise of Cistems School of Computing, 430/1, Vijay Bhawan, Chandlkaran, Sharda Marg, Opp. Circuit House, Ajmer-305 001.
58. Data Computer Academy, Edathooty, Muzhakkunnu (PO), Kerala.
59. Databank Software Products, Databank Computer Education, Kalash, Ist Floor, Opp. Lal School, Halar Road, Valsad-396 001.
60. Dataline Institute of Information Technology, Sasthamcotta, Trivandrum.
61. Dics Systems Pvt. Ltd. 2516, Hudson Lane, G.T.B. Nagar (Near Vijay Nagar Xing), New Delhi.
62. Digitial Computer (Franchisee Uptron Acl). Above Punjab & Sindh Bank, Police Line Road, Gurdaspur-143 521.
63. Dinabandhu Andrews College Computer Centre, Garia, Calcutta.
64. Dolorosa Computer Centre, St. Mary's College Campus, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu.
65. Dr. U.V.N. College of Computer Technology, 10, Pattison Street, WCO-Duthie HSS Road, Nagercoil-1.
66. Dum Dum Motijheel College, Computer Centre, Dum Dum, Calcutta.
67. Eagle Institute of Education Pvt. Ltd. Databank Computer Education, 2nd floor, Harekrishna Complex, Opp. Hans Society, Varachha Road, Surat-395 006.
68. Electronics Research & Development Centre of India, CIT Scheme Viiim. Icmard Building, Ultadanga, 7th Floor, Calcutta-700 067.
69. EIectronics Research and Development Centre of India, Vellayambalam, Trivandrum.
70. Electronics Test & Development Centre, B-108, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, Eltop Complex, Mohali-160 059.
71. Electronics Test & Development Centre, Government of India, STQC, DOE, Pilerne Industrial Estatem Saligaon-403 511.
72. Electronics Test & Development Centre, STQC Directorate, DOE, Indranagar PO Kunjaban, Agartala-799 006.
73. Electronics Test and DEvelopment Centre STQC Directorate, Dept. of Electronics, Chambaghat, Solan-173 213.
74. Employment Generation Scheme For North-East Department of Computer Science, Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal-795003.
75. Engineering Staff College of India Computer Centre, Khairatabad, Vibasvaraya Bhavan, Hyderabad-500 004.
76. Engineers Mech. India Pvt. Ltd. (Licensee of ET & T Computer Education & K-1. 50, G Centre), Chitaranjan Park, New Delhi-110 019.
77. Enterprise (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd) 19/1A, Prem Nagar, Jail Road, New Delhi 110 058.
78. Ess Dee Education (EDES) Society, 78/A, Gole Pulli, (Opp. SMHR Secondary School) Talab Tillo, Jammu.
79. Estelle Computers (P) Ltd., Bartand, Patna.
80. Faculty of Computer Technology & Systems (FCT & S) Military College of Telecommunication Engineering (MCTE), Indore.
81. G C S Computer Tech. Pvt. Ltd. S.C.F.34, Globe Complex, Gurudwara Dukhniwaran Sahib Market, Patiala-147 001.
82. George Telegarph Training Instt. Sealdah Centre, 136, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah, Calcutta-700 012.
83. Gooba & Sons, (Franchisee-India Education Centre Ltd., New Delhi). 16/89, LIC Building, the Mall, Kanpur-208 001.
84. Govind Ji Datamatics (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd), 2nd Floor, Karbansram Complex, Vijay Chowk, Gorakhpur-273 001.
85. Gren Line Systems Pvt. Ltd., Authorised Training Centre of Cistems, 01, Bus Stand Colony, Opp, Meena Dharamshala, Gangapur City-322 201.
86. Gurudas College Computer Centre, Narkeldanga.
87. Halisahar College of Vaskodagama Marine Radio officer Village, Jetia Bazar, Post Office-Malancha Dist. 24, Parganas North, Halisahar-743 135.
88. Helois & Matheson Information Technology Ltd. (Formally Express Financial Exchange), "Seethala", III Floor, Canara Bank Upstairs, JN Junction, Gingi Salai, Pondicerry-605 001.
89. Hilal Institute, Super Computers, Opp. Four Bhai, Gen Bus Stand, Anantnag-192 101.
90. Hindustan Computer Academy (Hindustan Technical EducationSociety's) No.9, Sahayog Chambers, Shrinagar, Main Road, Nanded-431 602.
91. IETE Sector 30-B, Chandigarh.
92. IETE, 16/1-2, Institutional Area, Pankha Road, Janakpuri, 'D' Block, New Delhi-110 058.
93. Indext Computer Centre, 7, Kalpana Society, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380 009.
94. Indian Council of Social Welfare, Sector-6, Hira Peth, Mansarover, Jaipur-302 020.
95. Indian Institute of Computer Education, 23, Sarva Ritu Vilas, Near Gulab Bagh Road, Jaipur.
96. Infocom Education & Technology (Licencee of ET & T), 1/4417 (Ist-Floor) Ram Nagar Ext. Mandoli Road, Shahdara, Delhi-110 032.
97. Informatic Education Consultants Computer Center, (Franchisee: India Education Centre Ltd), 173-G Block, Near Sukhadia Circle, Sriganganagar-335 001.
98. Informatics Pvt. Ltd. (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd.) 19, N.W.A. Punjab Bagh Extension, Club Road, New Delhi-110 026.
99. Information Technology Centre, 'Brahmajyoti Yogiji Marg, Annopam Mission, Mogri-388 345, Dist. Anand.
100. Information Technology Training Cell, MR Engineering College, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jaipur.
101. Information Technology Training Centre, ITTC Ordnance Clothing Factory, Kanpur.
102. Infortech Computer Institution, Deepali, 196, Deepali, Pitampura, New Delhi.
103. Institute of Computer Learning, Mngd. By Dr. Swarup Narain Memorial Educ. Research Soc., Swarup Villa, 62, Gyan Vihar Janpath, Nirman Nagar, Ajmer Rd, Jaipur-302 019.
104. Institute of Computer Technologies & Management #3 & 4, 2nd floor, Alluri Complex, Opp. K.P.H.B. Colony, Kukatpally, Dist. Ranga Reddy, Hyderabad, 500 072.
105. DNS Institute of Cooperative Management, Shastrinagar, Patna.
106. Institute pf Engineering and Management, Gourahari Vihar, PO Anta.
107. International Development Centre, B-138, Mohammadpur, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110 066.
108. Jai Hind Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Li Floor, Managhanmal Udharam College of Commerce Bdlg. Pimpri, Pune-411 017.
109. Jogesh Chandra Chawdhuri College, Computer Centre, 30, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Calcutta.
110. Jupiter Systems Software, IMA Boilding, Near Jain Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Damodar Road, Sakchi, Jamshedpur-821 001.
111. Kalyani Surendra Nath Society of Software Technology, Plot No A-8/99 Kalyani.
112. Kanchan Computer Services (Franchisee: Aptech Computer Education), 1, Durga Nursery, Durga Nursery Road, Udaipur-313 001.
113. Keonies, Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., 29/1, Race Course Road, Bangalore.
114. Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., (cybernetics division, keltron Equipment Complex, Karakulam, Trivandrum-695 564.
115. Ko-expo Consultants, 237, Shankeshwar Complex, Sagrampura, Opp. Raymond's Shop, Surat-395 002.
116. Krishnath College Computer Centre, Berharapore.
117. KVRN Educational Society of India (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd) Krishna Complex, Opp. Modi Inter College, Modinagar-201 204.
118. Lakshmi Institute of Information Technology, 18/23, Thoppumpady, Cochin.
119. Lin Computers (Marthandam) Pvt. Ltd. 3/64, Main Road, Marthandam, K.K. Dist., Tamil Nadu.
120. Logic Point, Franchisee of Tata Infotech Ltd. Education Centre, SCO 315-316, Sector 35-B, Chandigarh-36.
121. M/s. Aims Services, Licensee ET & T Corporation Ltd., E-99, Mansarovar Garden, New Delhi.
122. M/s. Pinnacle Computers (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd) F-223, Mangal Bazar, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110 092.
123. Maria Computers Systems (P) Ltd., Bhopal, (Licensee of ET&T Corporation Ltd), 2nd Floor, Sunny Place, Zone 1, M.P.Nagar, Bhopal-462 011.
124. Meena Shah Institute of Technology, Darbar-E-Minaiya-Aliya, Karbala Nagar, Meena Nagar, Gonda-271 002.
125. Micromax (Franchisee of ICES), 139/5, Moti Bazar, Mandi-175 001.
126. Modgen Computer & Technology (P) Ltd. (Licensee of ET & T Corporation Ltd.) 2nd Floor, 27-28 Crown Plaza, Neelam Bata Road, Faridabad.
127. National Technology of Computer of Technology, 51/105, Sector 5, Pratab Nagar, Sanganer-303 906, Jaipur Dist.
128. National Institute of Computer Technology, Umer Colony, Lalbazar, Jammu.
129. National Institute of Computer, SCO-69, Sector 38-C, Chandigarh-160 036.
130. National Power Training Institute, Regional Power Training Institute, Badarpur, New Delhi.
131. Network Education (Franchises of Aptech Computer Education), 1st Floor, Radhaswami Complex, Bhusawal-425 201.
132. New Government Polyclinic, Patliputra Colony, Patna.
133. Newage Computer Education Centre, U-70, 2nd Floor, Shakarpur, Near Laxmi Nagar Crossing, Delhi-110 092.
134. Nice National Institute of Computer Education Pvt. Ltd., Nayasarak (Above Dena Bank), Second Floor, Cuttack-753 002.
135. Nirmala Computer College, Nirmala College Road, Ernakulam (Via).
136. NRS Computech, NZ-B4/A, Vashist Park, Pankha Road, (Near Sagarpur Bus Stand), New Delhi-110 046.
137. Omega Institute of Electronics & Computers, B-28, Fateh Singh Scheme, Opp. Rajputana Palace Sheraton Hotel, Udaipur.
138. Omkarananda Centre for Computer Education and Software Devel. Omkarananda Bhawan, Kailash Gate, Muni-Ki-Ret. Rishikesh-249 201.
139. Ordnance Fy Board, IT Section, Ordnance Fy Board, Ministry of Defence, 10 a1 Auckland Road, Calcutta-700 001.
140. Oricom Education, Commercial Complex, Acharya Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
141. Ozanam Computers, Kuttachery Buildings, High Road, Ernakulam.
142. Pal Institute of Management & Technology, IGNOU Road, Anupam Garden, New Delhi-110 068.
143. Parasoft (Franchisor Aptech Computer Education). 314, 14/4, Vikas Nagar, Near Gomabai Hospital, Neemuch-458 441.
144. Patkai Christian College, BPO, Patkai, Chumukedima-Seithekiema.
145. Pegasus Informatics Pvt. Ltd. (subject-Screening) House No. 1269, Sector-8C, Chandigarh-160 018.
146. Pentafour Communications Ltd. Om Towers, 6th Floor, 32, Chorwinghee Road, Calcutta.
147. Pentafour Communications Ltd., 25, Taurus, Ist Main Road, United India Colony, Kodambakam, Chennai-600 024.
148. Pentafour Communications Ltd., Ist Floor, Gowtham Arcade, 208, T.V. Samy Road (East) R.S. Puram, Coimbatore-641 002, Tamil Nadu.
149. Pitman Computer Educational Centre, STN Building, 308 Main Road, Valliyoor-627 116, Tirunelveli dist. TN.
150. Pramukh Swami Computer Academy, Shree Akshar Purushottam Chhatralaya, Padra Road, Atladara, Vadodara-390 012.
151. Professional Academy of Computer Education, Plot No. 194/1, Khota No. 303, Padhuanpada, Proof Road, Balasore-756 001.
152. Professional Studies Academy Hukmakhedi, Indore-Mhow Road, P.O. Rajendra Nagar, Infore-452 021.
153. Quality Computers (Francisee Bits), Bits Computers, 3rd Floor, 511 E, Arihant Towers, Station Road, Shahupuri, Kolhapur-416 001.
154. R S Competech Pvt. Ltd. (Isct Ajmer), (Lis Infor-tech Ltd) Near Petrol Pump, No-9, Nasirabad Road, Ajmer-305 008.
155. Race Computers (lic. of Shree Dakshinamurti Vidyarthi Bhavan), Shree Dakshinamurti Computer Centre, School Campus, Gijubhai Marg, Bhavnagar-364 001.
156. Raj Computers (Licensee of ET & T Corpn. Ltd) Chhaya Complex, Jhokan Bagh, Jhansi-284 001.
157. Raj Computers Building 'A', Flat-2, Pawana Nagar, Near Jain School, Chinchwad, Pune-411 033.
158. Raja Peary Mohan College Computer Centre, Uttarpara.
159. Rajasthan Industrial Training Institute, 51, Near Jai Coal Depot. Jhotwara Road, Amanishah Pulia, Ambabari, Jaipur-302 012.
160. Rajasthan Institute of Local Self Government, Tonk Road, Jaipur.
161. Rapti Computers (Atc of Cmc Limited) Opp. Sophia Market, Court Road, Saharanpur-247 001.
162. Rashtranguru Surendranath College, Computer Centre, Barrackpur.
163. Ravichandra Systems and Computer Services Ltd., 1029, Avanashi Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
164. Ragional Computer Centre Branch Office, Sumit Complex A 1/9, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226 010.
165. Ragional Computer Centre, Jadavpur University Campus, PO Jadavpur University.
166. Ragional Computer Centre, SCO 1144, Secot 17-B, Chandigarh-160 017.
167. Relianc eComputers (P) Ltd., 23, Hare Krishna Road, Bangalore-560 001.
168. Rishi Bankim Chanda College Computer Centre, Naihati.
169. Ritusha Computer (P) Ltd. (Franchisee: Aptech Computer Education), 124/N/7, Misra market, Govind Nagar, Kanpur-208 006.
170. Rohini Engineers (Franchisee of Aptech Ltd) 29, Nehru Park Colony, Near Sood Dharam Kanta, Prem Nagar, Bareilly-243 005.
171. RSH Computer (Pvt) Ltd. (Aptech Computer Education), Near Tapasya Complex, Boring Road, Patna-800 001.
172. SA International Ltd. #27, 7th Avenue, Ashok Nagar, Chennai.
173. Sambal Computer Education, A Unit of Hsdrc, B-130, Sethi Colony, Jaipur Silicon Computers Education Society, D-16, Krishna Nagar-1, Lalkothi, Tonk Road Jaipur.
174. SAR Techno Institute of Computer Education, 20-4-32/6, IIrd Floor, New Bus Stand, Charminar, Hyderabad-500 002.
175. Serampore College Computer Centre, Khetra Mohan Bhattacharya Street, Serampore.
176. Seth Ananda Ram Jaipuria College Computer Centre, 10, Raja N.K. Street, Calcutta.
177. Shashwat, (A Franchisee of Cistems School of Computing) 96, Avas Vikas, Civil Lines, Moradabad-244 001.
178. Siddartha Institute of Information Technology-A Unit of Siddartha Information Pvt, Ltd., B-2, Extn/2 (Lane No.7, Krishan Nagar), Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110 029.
179. Sir Mokshagundam Visveswarayya Institute of Computers & Management Studies, IInd Floor, Sunderplaza, Main Road, Kakinada-533 001.
180. Society for Computer Education & Management Studies (Subject to Screening) 495, Ganesh Nagar-II, Madhuban Road, Shakarpur, Delhi-110 092.
181. Society for Employment and Career Counselling 61, Tughlakabad Instituttional Area, New Delhi.
182. Softech Computers (Franchisee) of Central India Computers) Plot No. 20-A, Central Bazar Road, Ramdas-peth,
183. Softronix (Franchisee of BITS (India) Ltd. Mumbai) 38-A, Zone-1, M.P. Nagar Bhopal-462 001.
184. Software Education Park (A Franchisee of Cistems), 291-O Sector 11, Near Alok School, Hiran Magri Scheme, Udaipur-313 002.
185. SP Sampathy's Siva Sivani Educational Society's Siva Sivani Institute of Computer Sciences, Kompally, Via. Hakimpet, Secunderabad-500 014.
186. Sree Krishna Computer Centre, Near MG University Regional Centre, Devankulangara, Edappally PO, Ernakulam-682 024.
187. Sreegopal Banerjee College Computer Centre, Bagati, Mogra.
188. Sri.Bhavana Consultants (Franchisee: VJ Infosystems Ltd) 27/32-1/4, Dunnavari Street, Governorpe, Vijayawada-520 002.
189. SRS Computer Services, Second Floor, Varad Building, Near Corporation Bank, Shanti Nagar, Ponda-01.
190. St. Anthony's College, Bomfyle Street, East Khasi Hills District, Shilong-793 001, Meghalaya.
191. St. Joseph's College, Computer Training Centre, Calicut Medical College PO, Calicut District.
192. St. Thomas College of Computer Science, Nambiakulam, Kurumullor PO, Via. Cochin..
193. St. Zavier's Computer Centre, St. Zavier's College for Women, Kerala.
194. Sun Computers & Technologies, (Franchise: Aptech Ltd) 32-B, Stanley Road, (Opp. Traffic Polic Lines) Allahabad-211 002.
195. Swami Samartha Mahilla Bahuddeshiya Seva Sanstha Novelty Computers, Shani Mandir Chowk, OldJalna, Jalna-431 203
196. Syscom Infotech (Licensee of ET&T Corporation Ltd), 3/1/1, N.C.Sen Lane, Salkia Howrah-711 106.
197. Technocad Computer, Education (A division of Technocad System (P) Ltd) Technocad House, 170, Unit-9, Bhubaneswar-751 007.
198. Technosys Computer Education, 307, Sangam Tower, Church Road, Jaipur-302 001.
199. Tolani Education Foundation, 11/1, Sharada Center, Opp. Digvi Metalware, Erandwana,Pune-411 004.
200. Tripura Regional Computer Centre, MBB College, Agartala.
201. United India Colony, Kodambakkam, Chennai-600 024, Tamil Nadu.
202. Universal Institute of Computers & Technology (UICT), UPS Campus, Block A, Preet Vihar, New Delhi.
203. Universal Systems, 1631-62, Chandan Mahal, Near Sai Baba Mandir, Chaura Rastra, Jaipur-302 003.
204. Uptec Computer Consultancy Limited, 50-C, Bhatia Complex, KanpurRoad, Singar Naga, Alambagh, Licknow -226 005.
205. Uptec Computer Consultancy Limited, C-6, Sector F. Opp. Rashtriya Sahara Office, Kapoorthala, Aligani, Lucknow-226 020.
206. Uptech Computer Consultancy Limited, D-58/53, 54, Shiva Complex, 2nd Floor, Rath Yatra Crossing, Varanasi-221 010.
207. Vag Invetments, LicenceeET & T Corporaion Ltd., D-42, South Extension Part (I), New Delhi.
208. Varshant Electronics (Pvt) Ltd., E-174, Kalkaji, New Delhi.
209. VBS Computech, (ATC of CMC Limited), First Floor, 256, Old Housing Board, Karnal-132 001.
210. Vidyasagar Academy, Nehru Chidren's Museum, 94/1, Chowringhee Road, Calcutta.
211. Vijay Computer Academy, 202, Niharika-1, Besides National Plaza, R.C. Dutt Road, Vadodara-390 007.
212. Virtual Galaxy Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Ist Floor Jagdish Bhawan, Mahal Square, Nagpur-440 002.
213. Vision Computer Park, 789, Krishna Marg, Barkat Nagar, Jaipur.
214. Vivekananada College of Computer Centre, Thakurpukur.
215. Zenics Computer Learning Academy, Electronics House, Treasury Square, Aizawl.
Global Certification offered by Microsoft:
1. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
2. Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP + Internet)
3. Microsoft Certified Professional + Site Building (MCP + Site Building).
4. Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
5. Microsoft Certified Soluction Developer (MCSD)
6. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
7. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA).
8. Microsoft Certified System Engineer + Internet (MCSE + Internet)
For each certification of MS, the candidate has to pass a specified number of examinations. Similar international certifications are offered by Sun & Oracle. The advantage is that these certifications are recognised the world over but the disadvantage is that the certificate establishes proficiency only in one company's software. There are many institutions in India preparing students for International Certifications in hardware and networking. IACM in New Delhi has now emerged as of the leading such institutions. Details about the various certification exams. can be had from the following address:
Director, IACM, H-9, South Extension Part I, New Delhi-110 049, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.iacm.india.com.
List of Institutions In
1. Actuarial Institute of India, 9 Jeevan Udyog, 278 Dr. D.N. Road, Mumbai-400 001.
2. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance Building, Sir PM Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
3. College of Insurance, Gresham Assurance House, P, Mehta Road, Mumbai-400 001.
4. College of Vocational Studies, Delhi-110 017.
5. Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi-630 003, Tamil Nadu.
6. Ernakulam Insurance Institute, C/o, LIC of India Divi, Office, Jeevan Prakash. M.G. Road, Ernakulam-11.
7. Institute of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Adjusters, General Assurance Building, 2nd Floor, Dr DN Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
8. Insurance Training Centre, 25, Baranshi Ghosh Street, Calcutta-700 007.
9. Kalyani University, Kalyani, Nadia District, West Bengal-741 235.
10. The Insurance Institute of India, Universal Insurance Building, 6th floor, Sir PM Road, Mumbai-400 001.
11. The National Insurance Academy, Balewadi, Baner Road, Pune.
12. Tolani Institute of Management Studies, PB No 11, Adipur, Kachchh, 370205, Gujarat.
13. Institute Of Insurance And Risk Management, Plot No.310 , Road No.25, Jubilee Hills , Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, Phone : 040-23556470 Website : www.iirmworld.org.in
1. Insurance Information Institute, 110 William St., New York, NY 10038.
2. The Chartered Insurance Institute, 20, Aldermanbury, London EC2V 7HY.
List of Institutions In
1. Anima Institute of Fashion, Corporate Office at 1 Shambhu Nath Pandit Street, Calcutta-700 020.
2. Apeejay Institute of Design (Affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar), 54, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, M.B. Road, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110 062.
3. Avinashillingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore-641 043.
4. Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, 5-A Sarat Bose Road (opp. Minto Park), Calcutta-700 020.
5. College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras), No. 7, P.V. Koil Street, Aminjikaral, Chennai-600 029.
6. Exteriors-Interiors (in assn. with Jensen & Nicholson conducts courses in Computer Aided Interior Design) EDIT Institute, Mumbai. (Other centres-Bangalore, Calicut, Calcutta, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mumbai, Pune).
7. II School of Arts, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
8. Karavali College, (Affiliated to Managalore University), Menezes Towers, Urwa Store, Mangalore-575 006. Ph: 0824-455656;
9. National Institute of Fashion Design, 14-B, Camac Street, Calcutta-700 017.
10. Nirmala Niketan, 49, New Marine Lines, Mumbai-20.
11. Rachna Sansa, School of Interior Design, 278, Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabahadevi, Mumbai-400 025.
12. School of Interior Design, Institute of Enviornmental Design, Near Bhaikaka Library, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388 120.
13. Shree Devi College of Interior Design, Ballalbagh, Mangalore-575 003. Ph: 0824-456501, 456511;
14. SNDT Women's University, Mumbai-400 020.
15. Sophia College B.K. Somani Polytechnic, Bhulabhai Desal Road, Mumbai-400 026.
16. South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delshi-110024.
1. American Society for Interior Designers (ASID), 608, Massachusetts Avenue NE, Washington, DC 2002-6006.
2. Art and Design Admissions Registry, Penn House, 9 Broad Street, Herford HR4 9AP.
3. Foundation for Interior Design Education and Research, 60 Monroe Centre, NW., Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
4. National Society for Education in Art and Design (NSEAD), The Gatehouse, Corsham Court, Corsham Wilts, SN13 OES.
International Business Courses In India
and international marketing is taught as part of the MBA curriculum at
B-Schools across the country.A number of universities also offer a Masters In
International Business(MIB) to train you for a career in International Business
and Foreign Trade.
List of Training Institutions In India(Few)
1. Aligarh Muslim University , Aligarh - 202002
2. Banaras Hindu University - Varanasi - 221 005
3. Fore School of Management - New Delhi - 110 016 Website : www.fsm.ac.in
4. Indian Institue Of Foreign Trade (IIFT) - New Delhi - 110 016 Website : www.iift.edu
5. Kurukshetra university - Kurukshetra - 136 119
6. Punjab University - Chandigarh - 160 014
7. Symbiosis Institute Of Foreign trade(SIFT) - Pune - 411 016 Website : www.sift.edu
8. University of Delhi, Delhi - 110 007
9. Vellore Institute Of Technology, Vellore , Tamil Nadu Website : www.vit.ac.in
10. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi , 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms, Tel: 011-26858849-51 , Website : www.wiganindia.org Email : email@example.com
List of Institutions In
1. AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110 025.
2. Algappa University, Algappa Nagar, Karaikudi-623 004, Tamil Nadu.
3. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202 002.
4. Amity School of Journalism and Communication, Amity Campus, Saket, New Delhi (details from: AKC House, E-27, Defence Colony, New Delhi- 110 024).
5. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608 002.
6. Asian College of Journalism, Kasturi Centre, 2, Anna Salai, Chennai-600 002. Ph: 91-44-28418254/55, 28526227/69
7. Assam University, Silchar-788 001.
8. Avinashilinagam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore-641 043.
9. Banaras Hindu University, Aurangabad-431 004, Maharashtra.
10. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005.
11. Berhampur University, Berhampur, Orissa.
12. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Centres in Cities spread across the country.
13. Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar-364 002.
14. Bombay College of Journalism, K.C. College Building, Churchgate, Mumbai-400 020.
15. Delhi College of Ars & Commerce, (University of Delhi), Netaji Nagar, New Delhi-110 023.
16. Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Poona, Ranade Institute, Fergusson College Road, Pune-411 004.
17. Department of Journalism, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum.
18. Dr. G.R. Damodaran College of Science (affiliated to Bharathiar University) Civil Aerodrome Post, Avanashi Road, Coimbatore-641 014
19. Garhwal University, Garhwal District, Uttar Pradesh.
20. Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Vidyanagari, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz East, Mumbai-400 098.
21. Guru Nanak Dev University, Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication, 1023-24, Urban Estate, Phase 1, Jalandhar-144 022.
22. Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media , 316, 5th A Cross, HRBR Layout, 3rd Block, Kalyananagar Post, Bangalore 560 043 India : Telephone: 91-80-2543 2565 / 2543 2575 / 2544 0164 / 2544 4995 :Fax: 91-80-2544 0210 : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.iijnm.org
23. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110 067.
24. Indira Kala Sangit Viswavidyalaya, Khariagar, Mandya, Madhya Pradesh-491 881.
25. Jagan Institute of Management Studies, C-1/9 West Enclave, Pitampura, New Delhi-110 034.
26. Jamila Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110 025.
27. KJ Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Vidyanagar, Vidyavihar, Mumbai-400 077.
28. Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri-574 199.
29. Manipal Institute of Communication, Old Tile Factory Road, Press Corner, Manipal-576 104, Ph: 2571201 (Ext. 22079)
30. Manorama School of Communcation (MASCOM), P.B. No. 229, Kottayam-686 001, Ph: 0481-2300851,
31. Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
32. MS University of Baroda, Vadodara-390 002.
33. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440 001.
34. New Delhi YMCA Centre for Mass Media, 1 Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110 001.
35. Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007.
36. Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh-160 014.
37. Punjab University, Patiala-147 002, Punjab.
38. School of Communication and Information Science, Mahatma Gandhi Univeristy, Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam.
39. School of Vocational Studies, H-58, South Extension Part I, New Delhi-110 054.
40. Sivaji University, Vidhya Nagar, Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
41. Sophia College B.K. Somani Polytechnic, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai-400 026.
42. Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati-2.
43. Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune-411 004.
44. University of Calcutta, Calcutta-700 073.
45. University of Delhi, New Delhi-110 007.
46. University of Lucknow, Lucknow-226 007.
47. University of Madras, Chennai-600 005.
48. University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400 032.
49. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
50. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur-302 004.
51. Xavier Institute of Communications, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai-400 001.
1. Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communicaion, University of Kansas School of Journalism, Stauffer-Filnt Hall, Lawrence, KS-66045.
2. National Council for Training of Journalists, Latton Bush Centre, Southern Way, Harlow, Essex CM18 7BI
3. The Dow Jones Newspaper Fund, P.O. Box 300, Princeton., NJ 08540.
List of Institutions In
1. Alagappa College of Technology, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, Tamil Nadu.
2. Anna University, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, Tamil Nadu.
3. Bharat Institute of Science & Technology, 173, Agharam Road, Selaiyur PO, Chennai-600 073, Tamil Nadu.
4. Central Foodwear Training Centre, 65/1, GST Road, Guindy, Chennai-600 032, Tamil Nadu.
5. Central Footwear Training Centre, 428, Kaushalpur, Agra-282 005.
6. Central Foorwear Training Institute (govt. of India, Min of Industry), Vikas Sheel Bharat Compound, Transport Nagar, Agra-282 002.
7. Central Leather Research Institute, Adayar, Chennai-600 020, Temil Nadu.
8. College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, TN.
9. College of Leather Technology, LB-Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Calcutta-700 091.
10. Dr. B.R. Ambedkhar Regional Engineering College, P.O. REC, Jalandhar-144 011.
11. Foorwear Design and Development Institute, D-2, Sector 10, NOIDA-201 301, Uttar Pradesh.
12. Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur-2.
13. Institute of Government Leather Working School, Kherwadi, Bandra (E), Mumbai-400 051.
14. Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur-842 003.
15. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016.
16. NSIC Technical Service Centre, The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (GOI Enterprise), B-24, Guindy Industrial Estate; Ekkaduthungal (P.O.), Chennai-600 097, Tamil Nadu.
17. Priyadarshini Engineering College, Anna Salai, Konamedu, Vaniyambadi-635 751.
List of Institutions In
1. Aditya College of Law, Campus: Etemadpur, Agra, UP.
2. Amity Law School, M-44, Amity Campus, Saket, New Delhi-110 017, Ph: 011-26569204, 26529207,
3. Andhra University, Faculty of Law, Visakhapathnam-530 003, Andhra Pradesh.
4. Bangalore University, Faculty of Law, Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore.
5. Barkatullah University, Department of Law, Bhopal-462036
6. Bharathi Vidyapeeth (Deemed University) Bharti Vidyapeeth Bhavan, Lal Bahadur Shastri Margh, Pune-411 030, Maharashtra.
7. Bharathiar Univeristy, Faculty of Law, Maruthamalai Road, Coimbatore-641 046, Tamil Nadu.
8. Bharathidasan Univeristy, Faculty of Law, Palkalai Perur, Tiruchirapalli-620 024 (Tamil Nadu).
9. Devi Ahilaya Vishwavidyalaya School of Law, Indore.
10. Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Tilak Road Extn., Opp. BEST Bus Depot, Wadala, Mumbai-400 031, Ph: 4182958.
11. Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110 025, Ph: 011-6835831/1717/1389,
12. Government College of Law, A-Road, Churchgate, Mumbai-400 020, Ph: 2041707,
13. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110 006.
14. ILS Law College, Pune-411 004, Ph:356775,
15. Jiwaji University, Institute of Law, Near High Court Building, Gwalior.
16. Kakatiya University, Faculty of Law, Vidyaranyapuri, Warangal-506 009, Andhra Pradesh.
17. KLE Society's Law College, II Block, Rajajinagar, PB No. 1059, Bangalore-560 010, Karnataka.
18. Kurukshetra University, P.G. Regional Centre, Sirsa, Haryana.
19. Madurai-Kumraj University, Faculty of Law, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021.
20. MaharshiKamraj University, Faculty of Law, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021.
21. Mahatma Gandhi College of Law, Institute of Legal Jhansi Road, Gwlior, Madhya Pradesh.
22. Mangalore University, Faculty of Law, University Campus, Mangalagangothri-574 119, Karnataka.
23. Mohanlal Suhadia University, Faculty of Law, Pratap Nagar, Udaipur-313 001, Rajasthan.
24. MS Ramaiah College of Law, M.S.R. Nagar, MSRIT Post, Bangalore-560 054, Karnataka.
25. Nagpur University, Faculty of Law, Ravindra Nath Tagore Marg, Nagpur-440 001, Maharashtra.
26. Nalsar, University of Law, PO Shameerpet (Via Hakeempet), Rangareddy District, Hyderabad-500 014.
27. National Law School of India University, P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560 072, Ph: 23213160, 23211303, 23211065;
28. North Maharashtra University, Faculty of LAw, Post Box No. 80, NH No.6, ITI Hostel, Jalgaon-425 001, Maharashtra.
29. Osmania University, Faculty of Law, Administrative Building, Hyderabad-500 007, Andhra Pradesh.
30. Pondicherry University, Faculty of Law R.Venkataraman Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicheery-605 014.
31. Seshdripuram Law College, Bangalore-560 020, Karnataka.
32. Shivaji University, Faculty of Law, Vidyanagar Kolhapur-416 004, Maharashtra.
33. South Gujarat University, Faculty of Law, Post Box No.49, Udhna Magdalla Road, Surat-395 007, Gujarat.
34. Sri Krishnadevaraya University, FAculty of Law, Sri Venkateswarapuram, Anantapur-515 003, Andhra Pradesh.
35. Sri. Venkateswar, University, Faculty of LAw, Tirupati-517 502, Chitoor, Andhra Pradesh.
36. Symbiosis Society's Law College, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune-411 004, Ph: +91-20-2565 5114, 2565 1495,
37. The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences, Aranya Bhavan, Sector-III, 10A, LA Block, Salt Lake, Kolkata-98.
38. University of Bombay, Faculty of Law, M.G. Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 032, Maharashtra.
39. University of Lucknow, Faculty of Law, Lucknow.
40. University of Madras, Faculty of Law, Centenary Buildings, Chepauk, Triplicane PO, Madras-600 005.
41. University of Mysore, FAculty of Law, Crawford Hall, Mysore-570 005, Karnataka.
42. University of North Bengal, Faculty of Law, PO North Bengal University, Raja Rammohunpur, Distt.Darjeeling-734 430, West Bengal.
43. University of Pune, Faculty of Law, Ganeshkhind Pune-411 007, Maharashtra.
44. The Indian Law Institute , Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi - 110001
Website : www.ilidelhi.org E.mail : email@example.com
Legal Studies in Kerala:
1. Centre for Legal Studies, Logans Road, Thalassery-670 101, Ph: 0495-2301737.
2. Department of Law, University Campus, Kariavattom-685 581, Ph: 2415936.
3. Government Law College, Ayyanthole, Thrissur, Ph: 2360150.
4. Government Law College, Calicut, Ph: 2370780.
5. Government Law College, Ernakulam-682 011, Ph: 0484-2352020.
6. Government LAw College, Kunnukuzhi PO, Thiruvananthapuram, Ph: 0471-2304228.
7. Kerala LAw Academy Law College, Thiruvananathapuram, Ph: 0471-2433166.
8. School of IndianLegal Thought, M.G. University, Kottayam-686 560.
9. School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Ph: 0484-2555465.
1. American Bar Association, 750 North Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, II, 60611.
2. Council of Legal Education, 39 Eagle Street, London WCIR 4AJ.
3. General Council of the Bar, 3 Bedford Road, London WCIR 4DB.
4. Law School Admission Council, P.O. Box 40, Newton, PA 18940.
5. Law Society of Scotland, 26, Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 7YR, USA.
6. The Law Society, 227 Strand, London WC2A IBA
MANAGEMENT STUDIES IN INDIA
Entrance Tests For Admission To Indian Business Schools
A formal qualification in management is gradually becoming an essential prerequisite for career entry just like in engineering and medicine . An MBA is the most sought - after business programme in the world . MBAs can specialize not only in Business Management and Industrial Administration but also in other areas such as Health Care, Administration of public Enterprises, Computer Management , Labour Management , Rural Management , Financial portfolio Management , Personnel Management etc.
Management is all about controlling & coordinating the work of other people in the organization . The manager administers the resources at his disposal in such a way as to maximize efficiency and increase output . The field offers specialization in various branches of business like personnel , Production , Finance, Marketing , Operational Research , Planning, Construction etc.
PERSONNEL MANAGERS Personnel Managers are commonly Human . Resource Managers . Thir duty is to interview & recruit personnel , handle wage & salary administration , handle union - management relations , over see personnel training etc.
FINANCE MANAGERS Monitor the financial aspects of the institution . They administer the cash flow, evaluate the financial health of the company and assess the future prospects of the business.
MARKETING MANAGERS Marketing Managers study the marketability of the product and implement measures to enhance sales.
OPERATIONS MANAGERS Operations Managers are concerned with logistics management . Their duties revolve around inventory control, personnel schedules, resource allocation , product mix and distribution systems. They help to enhance the productivity and performance of an organization .
SYSTEMS MANAGER System Manager uses information Technology resources to achieve organizational goals.
EXPORT MANAGERS Specialize in the professional handling of international business. They are concerned with negotiating and expediting business transactions. There are also other speciali-sation programmers like Environment Management , Forest Management , Hotel management , Hospital Administration, Rural Management etc.
Selection to MBA Selection to the MBA programme is on the basis of performance in a Written Test , Group Discussion and Interview . The IIM's conduct a Common Admission Test (CAT) for admimission to institutions recognized by them. The All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE) conducts a Management Admission Test ( Mat ) for providing admission to colleges recognized by AICTE . The written test includes questions on English usage & vocabulary , Mathematical Aptitude , Data Interpretation & Reasoning Ability
List of Management Schools In India:
1. Management Colleges In Andhra Pradesh
2. Management Colleges In Assam
3. Management Colleges In Bihar
4. Management Colleges In Delhi
5. Management Colleges In Goa
6. Management Colleges In Gujarat
7. Management Colleges In Haryana
8. Management Colleges In Himachal Pradesh
9. Management Colleges In Jammu & Kashmir
10. Management Colleges In Jharkhand
11. Management Colleges In Karnataka
12. Management Colleges In Kerala
13. Management Colleges In Madhya Pradesh
14. Management Colleges In Maharashtra
15. Management Colleges In Manipur
16. Management Colleges In Orissa
17. Management Colleges In Punjab
18. Management Colleges In Rajasthan
19. Management Colleges In Sikkim
20. Management Colleges In Tamil Nadu
21. Management Colleges In Uttar Pradesh
22. Management Colleges In Uttaranchal
23. Management Colleges In West Bengal
Merchant Navy ships
consist of bulk carriers that carry corgo, tankers that carry oil and luxury
liners that carry passengers. Navigation of ships, loading and unloading of
cargo, ensuring the safety of passenger and cargo , marinating discipline in
the vessel, adherence to national and international laws, etc, are the concerns
of the caption. Engineering responsibilities are handled by the Chief Engineer.
Another specialized job in the ship is that of the Radio Officer who manager
the communications network of the vessel.
Job Market : The trained person can seek employment with international and domestic shipping companies.
Training Programme : Training ship Chanakya (TS Chanakya,) Navi Mumbai and Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI) Kolkata are the primary pre - seatraining institutions for marine education. TS Chanakya Conducts a 3 year course leading to a B.Sc degree in Natural Science. Following this, a year on deck training completes the programme for obtaining has to undergo a series of examination to go up in the hierarchy on the navigation side. Another route to become a navigating officer is by performing as deek cadet for 3 years after which he can write the requisite examinations for becoming navigating officer. On the Engineering side, MERI conducts a 4 years Marine Engineering programme which equips the candidate can choose between a shore job and working on a sailing vessel.
Eligibility : Pass in the 10 +2/ equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Upper age limit for the programmes is 20 years (25 years for SC / ST). The candidate also has to fulfill certain medical norms. Selection is based on performance in the IIT- JEE. The admission to the programmes commence during October - January every year.
List of Institutions Offering Merchant Navy Courses In India :
1. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) P - 19m Taratolla Road, Kolkata - 700 088.
2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033.
3. Ministry of Surface Transport (Govt. of India) Directorate General of Shipping, "Jahaz Bhavan", Ballard Estate, Opp. Indira Dock (Red Gate),Watched Hirachand Marg, Mumbai - 400 038.
4. TS Chanakya, Karaus, New Bombay - 400 706.
The chamber of shipping carhusian Court, 12 Carthusian Street, London EC1 M 6EB
For information on merchant marine careers, training and licensing requirements.
Maritime Administration, US Department of Transportation, 400 7th st., SW Washington , DC 20590.
For attending Merchant Marine Academy contact :
Admission Office, US Merchant Marine Academy, Steamboat Raod, Kings Point, NY 11024.
Admission Office, Califonia Maritime Academy, PO Box13292, Vallejo, CA 94590.
Meteorology is the study
if different process and phenomena of atmosphere along with forecasting of
weather. There are three aspects of meteorology - observation, understanding an
predication of weather . Earlier, observation were made with simple instruments
like thermometer of measuring temperature or anemometer basic gadgets are still
used, satellites have made it possible to monitor the weather globally. Date
are collected with the help of advance computer and super- computers on the
basis of which weather forecasts are made.
Branches of Meteorology :
Deals with the study of climate of a place or regions on the basis of weather - related date gathered over a period of time.
Synoptic Meteorology :
This branch studies the movement of low pressure area, air, masses, fronts, and other weather systems, depression and tropical cyclones. Data are collected on a weather map, which map, which help the exports to get a synoptic view of world weather. As a result, day - to day analysis and forecasting has come to be known as synoptic meteorology.
This is the study of atmospheric process through mathematical equations. Taken together they are known as numerical model.
This entails the study of the physical process of the atmosphere, such of the physical process of the atmosphere , such as solar radiations, its absorption and scattering in the earth- atmosphere system, the radiation back to space and the transformation of solar energy into the Kineric Energy of air. The parts of physical metrology are the study if rain process and cloud physics.
In this branch focus of study is the application of meteorological information for the enhancement of crop yields and reduction of crop losses because of adverse weather.
Here, the meteorologists use weather information and adopt the findings of theoretical research of suit a specific application , like design of aircraft, control of air pollution, architectural design, urban planning , exploitation of solar and wind energy , air conditioning . development of tour ism, etc, How to become a Meteorologist ?
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recruits students at Grade II level through application submitted to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) . Minimum Qualification for the above are M.Sc physic /Maths or in Applied Physics of Maths or Computer Applications; B.Tech Engineering / Computer Application ; B.Tech Engineering / Computer Science, M.Sc Electronic or B. Tech Electronics. Students of B.Sc are also recruiter in the IMD through applications forwarded by the respective employment exchange. All those can also apply to to MD, who have done their Master's Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences or Geo - physics or Meteorology as one of the subjects. People with Master's degree in Physics or Maths with Astronomy or Astrophysics as one of the subjects along with Masers degree in Science from a recognized University or equivalents are also eligible to apply. Selected student undergo one - year advance course in Meteorology at IMD campuses in Pune and New Delhi.
List of Institutions Offering Meterology Courses In India :
* IIT - Kharagpur offers course in Physics and Meteorology.
* The center for Atmospheric and Oceanic Science (CAOS), Indian Institute of Science. Bangalore - 560 012, offers research - oriented programmes leading to M.Sc (Engg). And Ph.D degree.
* Andhra University, Visakhapatanam, Andhra Pradesh 530 003. Course offered : M.Sc in Oceanography or Meteorology.
* Cochin University of Science and Technology , Cochin University, PO Cochin - 682 002, Kerala. Coerce offered : Diploma in Meteorology for one year.
* Maharja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Fatehgunj, Vadodara - 390 002. Course offered : B.Sc in Meteorology.
* Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur - 415 004, Maharashtra. Course offered : B.Sc in Meteorology along with Oceanography.
* The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi of fers Ph.D., level programmes in nine to 10 Course in atmospheric, environment and ocean modeling. Interested students should have a first class in M.Sc or M.Tech.
Multimedia And Animation Courses In India
List of Training
Institutions In India(Few)
1. Apeejay Institute Of Design , 54, Tughlakabad Institutional area, Mehrauli - badarpur Road, New Delhi - 110 062 Website : www.apj.edu
2. Arena Animation Academy ( Centres all over the country) Website : www.aptech-worldwide.com
3. Escotoonz . Escosoft Technologies Ltd., A-36, Mohan Co Operative Industrial Estate, Mathura road, New Delhi - 110 044 Website : www.escortsgroup.com
4. Heart Animation Academy, 74, Road #12 banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500 034 , Andhra Pradesh & Mumbai Website : www.startoons.com
5. IIT-Guwahati , Guwahati - 781 001 Website : www.iitg.ernet.in
6. IIT-Mumbai, Powai , Mumbai - 400 076 Website : www.iitb.ac.in
7. Maya Academy Of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Hyderabad , Mumbai , New Delhi Website :www.reachouthyd.com
8. National Institute Of Design(NID), Paldi, Ahmedabad - 380 007 Gujarat Website : www.nid.edu
9. Wigan & Leigh College , New Delhi , 86-A Central Avenue, Sainik Farms, Tel: 011-26858849-51 , Website : www.wiganindia.org Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
10.AFA-Animation And Fine Arts Academy,No.347, D.S.Complex, 3Rd Floor, Nehru Street
(Near Hotel Mangala International) Ramnagar, Coimbatore - 641009,Ph- 0422 - 4206227/ 8, 4206337 Website : www.afaanimationindia.com Institution Details : Click Here
MUSEOLOGY Courses In India
Museology is the science
of Museum. It helps Museum professionals to understand the needs of Museum and
know the procedures of Museum Ogranisation and management viz Museum Collection,
Documentation And Reserch; Museum Education; Museum Exhibition; Conservation
And Preservation; Museum Marketing; Museum Architecture; Museum Publication And
Museum Security And Administration.
For Admission to Museology, a Graduate or a Post Graduate from Science , History or Art History or Fine Arts and Archaeology can join the courses.
Institutes Offering the Courses :
Some of the Universities offering courses are :
* The Maharaja Sayajirao University , Baroda offering P.G.Courses and Ph.D Courses as well as 1 year Diploma Courses for Inservice people.
* The National Museum Institute of History of Arts & Conservation and Museology , New Delhi , offering P.G. Courses and Ph.D Courses .
* Aligarh Muslim University, U.P.
* Jiwaji University - Gwalior
Most of these Departments of Universities and Institutions have their own Museums and Laboratories. In India there are more than 700 Museums offering wide employment, starting from Central Government Museums to the District levels and from trust Museums to religious Museums accoding to the subject of the museum and specialization of the Candidates.
Candidates for nursing courses should at least pass their S.S.L.C or equivalent examination. Preferably with Physics, Chemistry Biology Subjects. Training in nursing is generally given in institutions attached to hospitals.
There is B.Sc (nursing) Degree courses and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) diploma courses. B.Sc (nursing) courses last normally for four years and GNM courses for three years. To Get job of a staff nurse Gnome course in enough.
There are about 500 nurses training centers in India which admit nearly 10,000 students every year. The minimum age of admission is seventeen years. Admission to BSc (Nursing course is one the basis of merit and marks in the qualifying examination.
Each state has it won organization for the registration of nurses. After the successful completion of training, a nurse should register her name with the State's Nurses Council to be eligible for employment.
Nursing training is a combination of theory and practice. During the period of training nursing students are given practical instruction by senior ward staff. Their work is organized and supervised by nurse-tutors. They also attend lectures by specialists in various fields of medicine and some days may be totally devoted to study and lectures on various aspects of medicine and nursing. During the training period nurses are moved around all hospital departments. Gradually they are entrusted with more responsibility sot hat the transition from training to taking full responsibility seems quite natural.
Females who are unmarried or divorced legally separated and widows without encumbrances may opt for the four year BSc (Nursing / three-year probationary nursing course conducted at various armed forces hospitals in India. Those selected to the course have to execute a bond to serve in the Military Nursing Services (MNS) for five / four years, respectively. During training all candidates will be provided free ration, furnished accommodation, uniform allowance and a monthly stipend.
Applicants should be between 17 and 24 years of age and should have completed plus two or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with atlest 45 percent marks and be medically fit.
Selection to the course is made on the basis of a written examination of the objective type comprising general English biology and General intelligence followed by an interview of candidates successful in the written examination.
Armed Forces Medical Services Examining Board-Nursing Schools.
GNM, Mamba School of Nursing, I.N.H.S Aswini, Colaba, Mumbai.
GNM, Delhi Cantt. Army Hospital Delhi Cantt-10.
GNM, Calcutta, Command Hospital, Eastern Command, Calcutta-27
GNM, Jalandhar, Military Hospital, Jalandhar, Cantt.
GNM, Lucknow, Command Hospital, Central command, Lucknow
M. Meerut, military Hospital, Meerut
GNM, Banglore, Command Hospital, Air force, Bangalore - 7
GNM, Secunderabad, Military Hospital, Securnderabad.
GNM, Cochin INHS Sanjivini, Naval Base, Cochin - 624 041
M.Ambala, Military Hospital, Ambala cantt.
M. Chandigarh, Command Hospital, Chandigrah
M.Pathankot, Military Hospital, pathankot, C/o. 56 APO
M. Delhi Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi - 10
M.Dehra Dun, Military Hospital, command, Calcutta- 27
M. Jabalpur, Military Hospital, Jabalpur
BSc (Nursing) Degree Course is conducted at the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
INC Recognised Nursing Schools in India Statewise list of Nursing Schools recommended suitable by Indian Nursing Council (INC) for general nurses and midwives course (GNI) is given below:
American School of Nursing, No: 11/457-A, Aravinda Nagar, Ananthapur-515 001
Andhra Mahila Sabha School of Nursing, University Road, VidyaNagar, Hyderabad-500 044
Aparna School of Nursing, H.No: 15/76, Opposite New Jerusalem Prayer Hall, Padmavathi Nagar, Tirupati- 517 502
Appolo Hospital School of Nursing, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Archana School of Nursing, 81-Amla's Colony, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500 036
CMC Hospital School of Nursing, Pithapuram.
Gandhi Hospital School of Nursing, Secundarabad
Gifford Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Nuzvid P O, Krishna-521 202
Govt. HD Qrs Hospital School of Nursing, Chitoor
Govt HD Qrs Hospital School of Nursing, Nizamabad
Govt HD Qrs Hospital School of Nursing, Ananthapur
Grace School of Nursing, Ramanaidupeta, P B No: 11, Machilipatnam-521 001
Helapura School of Nursing, Eluru, W.G Dist-534 005
J Easweribai Memorial School of Nursing, C/o Geetha Maternity and Nursing home, Mareddepally, Secundarabad
Jaswant School of Nursing, New Maruthi Nagar, Kothapet, Hyderabad-500 035
Jaya School of Nursing, C/o Jaya Nursing Home, Hanumakonda, Warangal Dist.
Kasturba School of Nursing, Sri Sai Gardens, Harempudi, Rajamundry, E.G Dist-533 103
Kasturi School of Nursing, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Military Hospital, Secundarabad
Mother Krishnabai School of Nursing, C/o Sagarlal Hospital, 1-5-551, Musheerabad, Hyderabad-500 048
Narsapur Christian Hospital School of Nursing, Narsapur, W.G Dist -534 275
Nirmala School of Nursing, Near Rudrampet, Ananthapur-515 001
Princess Esin's Hospital School of Nursing, Purani Haveli-5
RamaKrishna School of Nursing, Jangnathapuran, Kakinada, E.G Dist
Rohini School of Nursing, C/o Rohini Hospital & Medical Centre, Hanumakonda, Warangal Dist
SVR Hospital School of Nursing, Tirupati
Sapthagiri School of Nursing, West Church Compound, Tirupati -517 502
Seven Hills Hospital School of Nursing, Rock Dale Layout, Vishakapattanam-530 021
Sita School of Nursing, Saroornagar, Hyderabad-500 035
Sri Venketeshwara School of Nursing, RVS Nagar, Murukambathu, P O Tirupathi Road, Chitoor, A.P
St. Ann's Hospital School of Nursing, Vijayawada, Krishna Dist
St. Joseph's Hospital School of Nursing, Guntur-4
St. Joseph's Hospital School of Nursing, Mary Land, Vishakapatanam
St. Joseph's School of Nursing, Maharanipeta, Visakhapatanam-530 002
St. Luee's School of Nursing, 14-11-1, Maharanipeta, Visakhapatanam-530 002
St. Theresa's School of Nursing, Sanathanagar, Hyderabad
St. Joseph Netaji School of Nursing, Nalgonda
Swathi School of Nursing, 297, Sarojini Devi Layout, Tirupati
Vijay Mary Hospital School of Nursing, Saifabad, Hyderabad
Vinayaka School of Nursing, Thanapalle Road, Tiruchanoor, P O Tirupathi-517 503
Visakha School of Nursing, Doctor's Colony, Seethammandhara, Visakhapatanam
Viswavani School of Nursing, Srinivasa Nagar, Nandyal, Kurnool Dist- 518 501
Youth School of Nursing Aravinda Nagar, Ananthapur-515 001
Mary Lottlyles Hospital, Mandaratalle
National School of Nursing, Ramnagar, 4th Lane, Prakasam Dist, Ongole-323 001
SVRR Hospital, SNG, Tirupati, A.P
Swamy School of Nursing, Mangalagiri, Guntur
Kaminen School of Nursing, L.B Nagar, Hyderabad
Baptist Christian Hospital, Tezpur, Derraug
Dibrugarh Medical College Hospital, Dibrugarh
Jorhat Christian Medical, Jorhat
Silichar Medical College and Hospital, Gungoor, P O Silichar, Cachar Dist
Dankan Hospital (MIB), Raxaul
Darbhanga Medical College Hospital, Darbhanga
HEC Dhurwa Plant Hospital, HEC Dhurwa, Ranchi
Holy Family Hospital (GN), Mandar, Ranchi
Jeevan Jyothi School of Nursing, Jamshedpur, Telco Town
Kurji HolyFamily Hospital P O Sadaquat Ashram, Patna-800 015
Sree Krishna Medical College Hospital, Muzafferpur
Nazreth Hospital, Mokama, P O Mokama Jn, Patna
St. Barnabas Hospital, Ranchi
St. Colombas Hospital, Hazaribagh
Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur
Army Hospital, Delhi-110 001
Holy Family Hospital, Okhla Road, P O Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110 020
Rufeid School of Nursing, Majeedia Hospital, New Delhi
Sree Gangaram Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi
Institute of Nursing Education (Nsg.Sch.Tiswada), Orthopeadic Ward No:18, Old Panjim, GMG Campus, Near Panjim Market, Panjim
General Hospital School of Nursing, Rajkot
ESIS Hospital, Ahmedabad
Irwin Hospital, Jamnagar
LG Hospital, Ahmedabad
Methodist Hospital, Nadiad
New Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad
SC Hospital, Ahmedabad
SSG Hospital, Baroda
SVS Hospital, Ahmedabad
College of Nursing, New Civil Hospital, Asarwa
Civil Hospital School of Nursing, Junagadh
General Hospital, Karnal
Medical College Hospital, Rohtak
Akkamahedevi Nursing School, Bidar Vidya Kendra, Bidar
Amruth Educational and Cultural Society, No:7, Jaishree, Laxmi Road, 3rd Cross, Shanathinagar(Maruthi Nursing School), Banglore-27
BLDE Asson School of Nursing, College Campus, Solapur Road, Bijapur-586 103
Banglore Baptist Hospital, Bangalore
Bapuji Hospital School of Nursing, Davangere, Chitradurga Dist
Basappa Memorial Hospital, Mysore
CSI Hospital, Queens Road, Banglore-51
CSI Hospital, Udupi 576 101
CSI Hospital School of Nursing, Chickaballapur, Kolar
Chinmaya Mission Hospital Indira Nagar, Banglore
East West School of Nursing, 1912 A Main E Block, 2nd Stage Jajajinagar, Bangalore-560 010
Fr. Mullers Hospital,Udupi, Manglore-576 101
Govt. Nursing District Hospital, Gulbarga
Govt. Nursing School District Hospital, Bellary
HKE Society School of Nursing, Basaveshara Hospital, University Road, Gulbarga-585 105
Holds Worth Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Mysore
Institute of Nursing City Hospital Research & Diagnostic Centre, PoundGarden, Khadri, Manglore
JG Cooperative Hospital School of Nursing, Belgaum
JSS Hospital School of Nursing, Ramanuja Road, Mysore-570 004
KHI Hospital School of Nursing, Ghataprabha, Belgaum
KLE Society Hospital School of Nursing, NehruNagar (BSc Nursing), Belgaum
KMC Hospital School of Nursing, Manipal
KVG Hospital, Sullia
Kempegowda Institute of Nursing Science, School of Nursing, KR Road, VVPuram, Banglore
Khaja Bande Nawj School of Nursing Main Road, Gulbarga-585 102
Krishna Rajendra Hospital, Mysore
Krupanldhi Education Trust School of Nursing, Sarjapur Road, Opp. Kudremukh Buildings, Koramangala, Banglore-560 034
MVJ Nursing School, Sree Venketashwera Educational Society, Channasantra, White Field, Banglore-67
Manipal Hospital School of Nursing, 98, Rustom Bagh, Airport Road, Banglore-560 017
Mathrushree Bheembai Institute of Nursing, Ambedkar Medical College Campus, School of Nursing, Kadugendanahalli, Banglore-560 045
Navodya Vidya Samasthe School of Nursing, Raichur
Nightingle Institute of Nursing, 103, SriLaxmi Layout, Basaveshwa Nagar, East Gokul Road, Hubli
NITTE Education Trust (Regd), 1st Floor, Sarosh Commercial Complex, Mallikatte, Khadri, Manglore
Pavan School of Nursing, Banglore- Chennai ByePass Road, PC Hally Extn. Pavan Nagar, Kolar-563 101
SCVDS Nursing School, 444/7 Ramaswamy Circle, JLB Road, Mysore-570 004
Sambhram Institute of Nursing, No.36, Temple Road, B.M.E.L Nagar, Gold Field, Kolar-563 115
Sarvodaya Nursing School, Jagajeevram Sarvodaya Sangha, Magadi Road, Mahalaxmi Layout, J.C Nagar, Banglore
Siddartha Education Society, Agalkote Campus, Tumkur- 572 102
Sri. Adichunchangiri Eduation trust, School of Nursing, Nagamangala, Mandya Dist.
Sri Dev Raj Urs. School of Nursing, Tamaka, Kolar.
Sri Jagadguru Murugarajendra Vidyapeeta, School of Nursing, Bruharnmutt, S.J.M. Chitradurga 577 501
Sri Raghavendra Nursing School, Raghavendra Hospital, T. Dasarahalli, Bangalore-57
Sridevi Education Society®, 1st Cross, K R Extension, Tumkur 572 101
St. John's Medical College Hospital, Sarjapur Road, Banglore-34
St. Marha's Hospital School of Nursing, Bangalore
Mother Theresia Hospital, Bangalore.
St. Philomina's Hospital, Bilsandra Road, Bangalore.
Suvarna Institute of Education, Orgaum, K.G.F P.B No:4, Orgaum 563 115
Swamy Vivekananda Education Trust, School of Nursing, S.J.E.S Polytechnic Campus, Vigronagar Post, Medihalli, Bangalore-49
Unity Health Complex School of Nursing, Chitradurga
Unity Health Complex School of Nursing, P B No.535, High Lands, Kandanady, Manglore -575 002
Victoria Hospital School of Nursing, Bangalore-560 002
Vijayanagar Nursing School, Vijayanagar Nursing Home, Vijayanagar (Hosahalli), Bangalore
K. Pandyaraj Ballal Institute of Nursing School, Kadri, Mangalore (General Nursing & B.Sc Nursing)
KERALA WITH DISTRICT WISE LISTING
NURSING COLLEGES IN KERALA
List of hospitals recognized by the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council for conducting General Nursing courses: Private Colleges Government Colleges
S.H General Hospital, Green Garden, Cherthala
K. Velayudhan Memorial Hospital, P.B. No.30, Cherthala
St. Thomsas Mission Hospital, Kattanam, Pallikkal Po, Via Kayamkulam
S.N.M.M General Hospital, Chethala
V.S.M Hospital, Thattaramplam, Mavelikkara
Lourdes Matha Hospital, Pacha Chekkidikadu, Edathua
San Joe Hospital, Perumbavoor
St. Joseph Hospital, Darmagiri, Kothamangalam
Mar Baselious Medical Mission Hospital, Kothamangalam
Malangara Medical Mission Hospital (MOSC), Kollenchery
Samaritan Hospital, Arogyapuram, Kizakabalam, Aluva
Little Flower Hospital, Angamaly
Mar Augustine Jubilee Mission Hospital, Edappaly, Cochin
Lisie Hospital, Cochin
Lourdes Hospital, Cochin
Medical Trust Hospital, M.G. Road, Cochin
Devamatha Hospital, Koothatukulam
Carmel Hospital, Asokapuram, Aluva
PVS Memorial Hospital Ltd, Kaloor, Cochin
Sree Sudheendra Medical Mission, Chitoor Road, Ernamkulam
Indira Gandhi Co-operative Hospital, GandhiNagar, Kadavanthra, Cochin
Ernamkulam Medical Centre, Palarivattam, Cochin
Gautham Hospital, Cochin
Mar Augustine Golden Jubilee Hospital, Mookkannur, Angamaly
DonBosco Hospital, North Paruvur
Koothatukulam Co-operative Hospital Ltd, Ernamkulam
Amritha Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre, Cochin
Cochin Port Trust Hospital, Willington Island Cochin
Holy Family Hospital, Muthalakodam, Thodupuzha, Idukki
Bhisop Vayalil Medical Centre, Moolamattom, Idukki
Morning Star School of Nursing, Adimali
Karuna Hospital, Nedumkandam
AKG Memorial Co-operative Hospital, Talap, Kannur
Koyili Hospital, Kannur
St. Martin Deporres Hospital, Cherukunnu, Kannur
Tellicherry Co-operative Hospital, Tellichery-1
Josgiri Hospital, Tellicherry
Ashirvad Hospital, Kannur-2
Malik Deenar Charitable Hospital, Kasargod
Fathima Hospital, P O Box No. 33, Plaza Junction, NH Bye Pass Road, Kasargod-1
Manzoor Hospital, North Kottacherry, Kanhangad
Upasana Hospital, Kollam
Benziger Hospital, Beach Rd, Kollam
S.S.M Hospital, Kollam
Holy Cross Hospital, Lourdes School of Nursing, Kottiyam, Kollam
Dr. Nair's Hopsital, 445 Residence road, Asramam, Kollam
St. Joseph Hospitsl, Anchal, Kollam
K.N.S Hospital, Kottarakkara
Mercy Hospital, Valakom, Kottarakkara
Loka Rakshaka Hospital, Thevalakara
PVS Hospital Railway Station Road, Kozhikode
Nirmala Hospital, Marikunnu, Calicut
Janatha Hospital, Badagara
National Hospital, Kozhikode
Baby Memorial Hospital, Indira Gandhi Road, Kozhikode
Santhi Hospital Trust, P O Omassery, via Koduvally -673 572
Fathima Hospital, Bank Road, Calicut
St.Thomas Hospital, Chethipuzha, Changanessery
Mary Queen's Hospital, Palampra via Koovappally, Kanjirapilly, Kottayam
Marian Medical Centre, Arunapuram, Pala, Kottayam
IHM Hospital, Bharananganam, Kottayam
M.G.D.M Hospital, GeeVerghese School of Nursing, Kangizha, Devagiri P O, Kottayam
St. Mary's Hospital, Mannarcaud
Mandiram Hospital, Manganam P O, Kottayam
Caritas Hospital, Thellakom P O, Kottayam
Holy Ghost Mission Hospital, Muttuchira, Kottayam
SH Medical Centre, Nagambadam, Kottayam
Mannam Memorial NSS Medical Mission Hospital, Karukachal, Kottayam
NSS Medical Mission Hospital, Perunna, Changanasery
Mercy Hospital, Santhigiri, Pothy, Thalayolaparambu, Kottayam
St. Rita's Hospital, Nalukody, Changanacherry.
KMH Memorial Hospital, East Road, Manjeri, Malapuram-2
Moulana Hospital, Ooty Road, Perinthalmana P O 679 322, Malapuram.
KPM Hospital, Down Hill, Malapuram
Al-Shifa Hospital, P B No: 26, Valiyangadi, Perinthalmana
PMSA Memorial Dist. Co-operative Hospital, P B No:30, Malapuram
MS Hospital, Down Hill, Malapuram 676 519
Dr. N.K. Mohammed Memorial School of Nursing, Nizar Hospital, Valanchery.
Assumption Hospital, Kanhirapuzha, Palakad
Deenabandhu Hospital, Thachampara, Palakad
NSS Medical Misssion Hospital, Pandalam
Pushpagiri Hospital, Thiruvilla
St.Gregorious Mission Hospital, Parumala PO, Thiruvilla
Muthoot Medical Centre, College Rd, Kozhencherry, Pathanamthitta
Menamthottam Hospital, Angadi Po, Ranni, Pathanamthitta
Ranni Marthoma Medical Mission Centre, Ranni
Holy Cross Hopsital, Adoor
Lal Memorial Hospital, Madayikonam, Irinjalakuda
Sacred Heart Hospital P O Pullur, Irinjalakuda
Bishop Alappat Hospital P O Kattoor, Karanchira, Thrissur
Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur
Elite Mission Hospital, Koorkenchery, Thrissur
Amala Cancer Hospital, Puzhakal, Thrissur
St. Joseph Hospital, Choondal, Thrissur
St. James Hospital, Chalakudi, Thrissur
Maria Teresa Hospital, Kuzhikkattussery, Thrissur
West Fort, Thrissur
Unity Hospital Pvt (Ltd), Kunnamkulam, Kanippayur, Thrissur
San Jos Parish Hospital, Pavaratty, Thrissur
Meteropolitan Hospital, Thrissur
Mary Immaculate Hospital, Engadiyur, Thrissur.
Mother Hospital, Pulazhy, Kolari P O, Thrissur
Thrissur District Co-operative Hospital, Thrissur
Divine Medical Centre, Wadakachery
St. Vincent De Paul Hospital, Ollur
Cosmopolotan Hospital, Murinjapalam, Pattom
SRK Asramam Charitable Hospital, Sasthamangalam
Aivigari Sree Narayana Medical Mission Hospital, Varkala
G.G Hospital Thiruvananthapuram
Sree Uthradam Thirunal Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
Jubilee Memorial Hospital, Palayam
Dr. Somervell Memorial Misssion Hospital, Karakonam
PNM hospital, Kattakada
Karete Medical Centre (p) Ltd, Vamanapuram
Fathimamatha Mission Hospital, Kalpatta, Wayanad
GOVERNMENT NURSING INSTITUTIONS IN KERALA
College of Nursing, Medical P O, Thiruvananthapuram
College of Nursing, Medical College, Kozhikode
College of Nursing, Kottayam
Govt. School of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram
Govt. School of Nursing, District Hospital, Kollam
Govt. School of Nursing, Near Medical College Hospital, Alapuzha
Govt. School of Nursing, Kottayam
Govt. School of Nursing, General Hospital, Ernamkulam
Govt. School of Nursing, Thrissur
Govt. School of Nursing, Palakad
Govt. School of Nursing, District Hospital, Kozhikode
Govt. School of Nursing, District Hospital, Kannur
Choithram Hospital & Research Suitable Center, Indore
Cloth Market Hospital, Indore
Evangilical Mission Hospital, Tilda. Raipur
Amravati General Hospital, Amravati
B.D.P Parsee General Hospital, Bomanji Petit Road, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai-400 026
BYL Nair Cha Hospital, Dr. A.L Nair Road, Byculla, Mumbai-400 008
Bombay Nurses Training Institute, Bombay Hospital 12 20-22 New Marine Lines, Mumbai-400 020
College of Nursing, Wanless Hospital, Miraj, Sangli Dist -416 410
Dhanrajgiriji Hospital, Solapur
District Hospital, Akola
Dr. B. Nanvati Hospital, Opp. Juhu Aerodrome, Vile Parle West, Mumbai - 400 056
E Booth Hospital, Ahmednagar- 414 001
Florence Nightingale Institute of Nursing, EDU Mahatma Gandhi Mission Hospital, Mumbai
GT Hospital, Lokmanya Tilak Road, Mumbai -400 001
General Hospital, Ahmednagar - 414 001
General Hospital, Chandrapur
General Hospital, Nagpur
General Hospital, Solapur
INHS Asvini, Colaba, Mumbai
JJ Group of Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai-400 008
Jaslok Hospital, MRC 15, Dr. G DeshMukh Marg, Mumbai-400 025
KEM Hospital, Dr.SS Rao Road Parel, Mumbai -400 012
Kasturba Healh Society Hospital, Sevagram, Wardha 442 102
LTMG Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 400 022
Mure Memorial Hospital, Nagpur
N M Wadia Hospital, Solapur
PD Hinduja National Hospital, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai 400 056
Pravara Medical Trust, Loni Tall Shrirampur, Ahmednagar Dist
Sir HN Hospital, Padmasri Cordhanbapa Chawk, Rajaram Mohan Roy Road, Mumbai
George's hospital Mumbai -400 001
Luke's Hospital, Srirampur, Ahmednagar -413 709
Imphal General Hospital, Imphal
Repsbun School of Nursing, East Khasi Hills, Laitum Khrah, Shillong
Civil Hospital School of Nursing, Aizawal-796 001
Naga Hospital, Kohima
MKCG MCH School of Nursing, Berhampur, Ganjam
Nurses Training Institute, IGH Roorkele, Sundergarh
Anil Baghi Hospital, Ferozejpur City
Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana
Dr. B.L. Kapoor Memorial Hospital, Ludhiana
Gulab Devi Hospital, Jalandhar
Gurunanak Mission Hospital, Dharan Kalan, Jalandhar
Guru Teg Bahadur (Charitable) Hospital, Ludhiana
SGTB School of Nursing, Amritsar
Salvation Army Mac Robert Hospital, Dhariwal
Sidanac Hospital, Barnala, Behind Sidina Sangrur Dist
Tirath Ram Shah Hospital
Appolo Hospital, Chennai
CSI Hospital, Neyyoor
CSI Kalyani General Hospital, Chennai
CSI Mission Hospital, Woraiyur, Tirchy
CSI Rainy Hospital, Chennai
Catherine Booth Hospital, Nagarcoil
Cheran School of Nursing, Coimbatore
Child Joseph Hospital, Trichy
Christian Fellowship Hospital, Oddanch, Artan
Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore
Christian Mission Hospital, Madurai
Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, Coimbatore
Devaki Hospital, Chennai
Kuppuswamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore
JPKM College of Medical Sciences, Vellore
KG Hospital, Coimbatore
RVS Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore
Saveetha Medical & Educational Trust, Erode
Scudder Memorial Hospital, Ranipet
Sacred Heart Hospital, Tuticorin
Sree Ramachandra Medical Colege, Porur, Chennai
St. Isabel's Hospital, Chennai
St. Joseph's Hospital, Dindigul
St. Mary's Hospital & Institution of Bio-Medical Technology, Arni
St. Theresa of Child Jesus School of Nursing, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai
Thanjavur Medical College Hospital, Thanjavur
UCA Medical & Educational Trust, Chennai
Ultra Trust Sacred Heart Hospital, Madurai
Vinayaka Mission's of Nursing, Salem
Vivekanada School of Nursing, Tiruchengodu
Vivekanada College of Nursing, Salem
Balrampur Hospital, Lucknow
Bishop Conard Memorial School of Nursing, Sitapur Dist.
Clara Swain Hospital, Bareilly
Fathima Hospital, Mau
Fathima Hospital School of Nursing, Lucknow
Mary V Gorden School of Nursing (Clara Swain School), Bareilly
Nazarath Hospital School of Nursing, Allahabad
St. Jude's Hospital, Jhansi
ARMED FORCES MEDICAL SERVICES EXAM BOARD
Army Hospital, Delhi -110 010
Command Hospital (East Command), Alipore, Kolkata
INHS Asvini, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Military Hospital, Secundarabad, Andhra Pradesh
MID INDIA BOARD OF EXAMINATION OF N.L of CMAI
Christian Hospital, Jhokan Bagh, Jhansi, UP-248 001
Holy Cross Hospital, Ambikapur, Surguja, Madhya Pradesh-497 001
St. Bernabas Hospital, Church Road, Ranchi, Bihar-834 001
The Duncan Hospital, Raxaul, East Champaran, Bihar-845 305
The Evangelical Mission Hospital, Tilda, P O Nedra, Raipur, Madhya Pradesh
THE BOARD OF NURSING EDUCATION N.L-CMAI
Bangalore Baptist Hospital School of Nursing, Bellary Road, Bangalore-560 024
CSI Hospital School of Nursing Chikballapur -562 101
CSI Rainy Hospital School of Nursing, Chennai-600 021
Campbell Hospital School of Nursing, Jammalamadugu, Cuddappah Dt., Andhra Pradesh-516 434
Catherene Booth Hospital, Nagarcoil- 621 001, Tamil Nadu
Christian Fellowship Hospital, Oddanchaitram, Madurai-624 619
Christian Medical Centre School of Nursing, Pithapuram, E G Dist. Andhra Pradesh
Christian Medical College & Hospital, College of Nursing, Vellore-632 004
Christian Mission Hospital School of Nursing, Madurai -625 001
Church of South India Hospital School of Nursing, Bangalore- 560 051
CSI Kalyani General Hospital Chennai-600 004
Giffard Memorial Hospital, School of Nursing, Nuzvid, Krishns Dist. Andhra Pradesh-521 201
Holsowrth Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Mysore -570 001
Mary Lott Lyles Hospital, School of Nursing, Mandanapalle, Chitoor Dist., Andhra Pradesh-527 325
Narsapur Christian Hospital School of Nursing, W G District, Andhra Pradesh-534 275
Scudder Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Ranipet-632 401
Pharmacy Courses In India
Pharmacy education is
regulated in India by two bodies - Pharmacy Council Of India Website : www.pci.nic.in up to the bachelor's level and AICTE Website : www.aicte.ernet.in
Admission to Bharma Courses is either on the basis of merit or entrance exam conducted by the technical education board of each state. On completing the course, you must undergo practical training in a recognised hospital, pharmacy or dispensary . You can also opt for a Diploma in Pharmacy (Dpharm), althogh there is talk of phasing out this course in the future. higher education can be pursued at the Mpharm level, followed by a PhD for those who wish to go into academics or research.
List of Training Institutions In India(Few)
1. Andhra University , Department Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vishakapattanam - 530 001 , Andhra Pradesh.
2. Banaras hindu University , Varanasi - 221 005 , Uttar Pradesh Website : www.bhu.ac.in
3. Birla Institute Of Tech & Sciences , Department Of Pharmacy , Pilani - 330 031 , Rajasthan Website : www.bits-pilani.ac.in
4.Gujarat University , P.B.No. 4010 , Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009 Gujarat
5. Jadavpur University, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Engineering & Technology , Kolkata - 700 032 , West Bengal Website : www.jadavpur.edu
6. Jamia Hamdard, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard nagar, New Delhi - 110 062 Website : www.jamiahamdard.org
7. Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Vadodara - 390 001 Gujarat Website : www.msub.edu
8. National Institute Of Pharmaceutical Education & Research , SAS Nagar, Sector 67, Punjab 160 062 , Punjab Website : www.niper.nic.in
9. Punjab University , University Institute of Pharmaceutical Science , Chandigarh - 160 014 Website : www.puchd.ac.in
10. University of Delhi , College of Pharmacy , Pushp Vihar, Sector III, New Delhi - 110 017 Website : www.du.ac.in
List of Institutions In
X-Ray Technology and Radiology Involves the use of X-rays, high frequency sound waves etc. to scan the body's entrails.
Medical Laboratory Technology is concerned with the collection, sampling, testing, reporting and documentation of laboratory investigations.
Physiotherapy covers the use of exercises, related equipment, electrotherapy, magneto therapy, massage etc. to rebuild damaged muscles, ligaments & bones.
Occupational Therapy trains in the rehabilitation of physically and mentally impaired persons.
Optometry of Opthalmic Technology specialises in the treatment of disorders related to the eye.
Prosthetic or Orthotic Engineering involves the replacement of missing parts of the body with artificial structures.
Audiology and Speeth Therapy is concerned with correcting speech defects.
Clinical Child Development is concerned with nutrition and treatment of growth defects in children.
Paramedical Diploma Courses:
1. Ali Yavar Jung Natioanl Institute for the Hearing Handicapped, K.C. Marg, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai-400050.
2. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-110 029.
3. All India Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AIIPM), Mumbai-400 034.
4. All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore-570 006, Karnataka.
5. Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam-530 002.
6. Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura, West Bengal.
7. BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur-273 013
8. Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai-600 020.
9. Central Institute, on Mental Retardation, Jagathy, Thiruvananthapuram.
10. Ch. Chran Singh University, Meerut-250 005.
11. Christian Medical College, Ludhiana-141 008.
12. Christian Medical College, Vellore.
13. College of Nursing and Paramedicals, Coimbatore-45.
14. Department of Rehabilitation, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi-110029.
15. Dr. V.M. Medical College, Solapur-413 003.
16. Faculty of Technology, SNDY Women's University, Marine Lines, Mumabi-400 020.
17. Government Medical College, Aurangabad-431 001.
18. Government Medical College, Miraj-416 410.
19. Government Medical College, Nagpur-44003.
20. Govt. Medical College, Amrister-143 001.
21. Govt. Medical College, Patiala-147 001.
22. Grant Medical College. Mumbai-400 008.
23. Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati-781 032.
24. Haji Bachooali Ophthalmic Hospital, KBJM Street, Mumbai-400 012.
25. Institute for the Physically Handicapped, 4, Vishnu Digambar Marg, New Delhi-110002.
26. Institute of Nursing Sciences, Managalore-575 013.
27. Jaslok Hospital, Mumabi-400 026.
28. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Educational and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry-605 006.
29. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum-590 010.
30. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal-576 119.
31. Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai-400 022.
32. Madras Medical College, Chennai-600 003.
33. Mahatma Gandhi University, (School of Medicine), Kottayam-686 560.
34. Medical College, Alappuzha-688 005.
35. Medical College, Gandhinagar P.O. Kottayam-8.
36. Medical College, Kozhikode-673 008.
37. T.N. Medical College, Mumbai-400 008.
38. Medical College, Pune-411 001.
39. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram-695 011.
40. B Y L Nair Hospital & T.N. Medical College, Dr. A.I., Nair Road, Mumbai-400 008.
41. Natioanl Institute for the Orthopedically handicapped, Bon Hooghly, B.T. Road, Calcutta-700 090.
42. National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research, Olatpur, PO Bairoi, Cuttack-754010, Orissa.
43. Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500 482.
44. Occupational Therapy Training School & Centre, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai-400 012.
45. Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak-124 001.
46. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh-160012.
47. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur(MP)
48. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Jayanagar General Hospital Complex, 4th T Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-560 041.
49. Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada-533 003.
50. Rural Medical College, (Parvara Medical Trust) Loni-413 736.
51. S V Medical College, Tirupati-517 507.
52. Sankara Netralaya Medical Research Foundation, Madras.
53. Santosh Medical & Dental College, Ghaziabad.
54. Sardar Bhagwan Singh Memorial Institute & Biomedical Sciences, Dehra Dun.
55. Seth G.S. Medical College, Parel, Mumbai-400 012.
56. Shree Devi College of Physiotheraphy, Ballabagh, Mangalore-575 003. Ph: 0824-456501, 456511.
57. Silchar Medical College, Silchar-788 014.
58. Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ellis Bridge, Ahmedabad-380 006.
59. Sree Chitira Thirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiurvananthapuram.
60. Sri. Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Porur, Madras-600 016.
61. St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore-560 034.
62. Tata Memorial Centre, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai-400 012.
63. Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur-613 004.
64. University College of Medical Sciences and G.T.B. Hospital, Shadhara, Delhi-110 095.
65. University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Science, Delhi-110 007.
1. American Medical Association, 515 North State Street, Chicago, II. 60610.
2. American Medical Technologists, 710 Higgins Road, Park Ridge, II. 60068.
3. Association of Surgical Technologists (AST), 7108-C South Alton Way, Suite 100 Englewood, CO 80112-2106.
4. College of Radiographers, 14 Upper Wimpole Street, London WIM 8BN.
5. The College of Optometrists, 10 Knaresborough Place, London SWS OTG.
List of Institutions In
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202 002.
2. Banaras Hindu University, Varnasi-221 005.
3. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110 001.
4. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kulpati K.M. Munshi Marg, Chowpatty, Mumbai-400 007.
5. Centre for Image Management Studies, NOIDA.
6. Department of Communications and Journalism, University of Poona, Ranada Institute, Fergusson College Road, Pune-411 004.
7. Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380 009.
8. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi-110 067.
9. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110 025.
10. Karnataka University, Dharwad-580 003.
11. Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri-574 199.
12. Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad-58.
13. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440 001.
14. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Vile Parle, Mumbai.
15. Punjap University, Chandigarh-160 014
16. Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati -02
17. Symbiosis Insistute of Journalism and Communication, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune-411 004
18. The Indian Foundation for PR Education & Research ( IFPR), S-237, Greater Kailash, New Delhi-48
19. University of Calcutta, Calcutta-700 073.
20. University of Calicut, Kozhikode-673 635.
21. University of Delhi, New Delhi-110 007.
22. University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400 032.
23. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
24. Xavier Institute of Communication, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai-400 001.
25. YMCA Institute of Mass Media Studies, New Delhi.
26. Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication - Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075 Email : email@example.com Website : www.apeejay.edu
International Reference :
1. Institute of Public Relations, The Old Trading House, 15, Northburgh Street, London-ECIV OPR.
2. Public Relations Society of America, 33, Irving Place, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003.
List of Institutions In
Bachelor in Social Work (BSW) and Master in Social Work (MSW) are regular programmes offered in many centres. BSW is a 3 year course available to those who have completed +2/equivalent. MSW is a 2 year programme offered after BSW/B.A. (Sociology)/B.A in any social science. Those interested in pursing a career in education or research could pursue M.Phil and Ph.D. in this field.
List of Training Centres:
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202 002.
2. Andhra University, Vishakha-patnam-530 003.
3. Bangalore University, Bangalore-560 056.
4. Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli-620 024.
5. Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune-411 030.
6. Dr. B.S. Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431 004.
7. Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad-380 014.
8. Gulbarga University, Gulbarga-585 014.
9. Jain Vishava Bharati Institute, Tulsigram-Ladnun-341306.
10. Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110 025.
11. Karnataka University, Dharwad-580 003.
12. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-136 119.
13. Lucknow University, Lucknow-226 007.
14. Madurai-Kamaraj Univeristy, Madurai-625 021.
15. Mahatma Gandhi Univeristy, Kottayam-686 560.
16. Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri-574 199.
17. Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar-522 510.
18. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440 001.
19. North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425 002.
20. Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007.
21. Punjabi Universiyt, Patiala-147 002.
22. Shree Devi Institute of Social Work, Ballalbagh, Mangalore-575 003. Ph: 0824-456501, 456511;
23. Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam.
24. Tata Institute of Social, Sciences, Mumbai-400 088.
25. MS University of Baroda, Vadodara-390 002.
26. University of Calicut, Kozhikode-673 635.
27. University of Delhi, New Delhi-110 007.
28. University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-695 034.
29. University of Mumbai, Mumbai-400 032.
30. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005.
31. University of Pune, Pune-411 007.
32. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar-751 004.
33. Vidyasagar University, Midnapore-721 102.
34. Visva Bharati, Santhiniketan-731 235.
1. CCETSW Information Services, Derbyshire House, St. Chad's Street, London WCIH 8AD.
2. Council of Social Work Education, 1600, Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
3. Natioanl Association of Social Workers Information Centre, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002.
4. Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work, 30, Rosemount Avenue, Suite 100-B, Ottawa, ON KIY 1B4 Canada.
5. Canadian Association of Social Workers, 383, Parkdale Avenue, Suite-402, Ottawa, ON KIY 4R4 Canada.
Stockbroking and Forex
Stockbroking Stockbroking is a high-profile career
which offers great financial rewards. Today, the national Stock Exchange
provides a nation-wide network of trading facilities. Automated trading
facilities and transparency in market operations call for professionals who can
meet the demands and expectations of investors. Accordingly, the stock-broking
business draws many specialists for its operations - stockbrokers, economists,
accountants,finance managers, financial analysts, capital market specialists as
well as investment and financial planners. To be a stockbroker, you have to be
a graduate with a minimum of two years work experience in a stockbroking firm.
Registration for bro-kership is granted on the basis of experience as a
sub-bro-ker and on the recommendation of a registered broker.
A postgraduate course in Finance & Control / Commerce / Economics is useful for entry into this business.
Training Institutes In India
1. Bombay Stock Exchange's BSE Training Institute, Mumbai
2. The All India Centre for Capital Market Studies, JDB Institute Of Management Studies & Research, Nasik - 422 005
3. The Institute Of Capital Market Development, 1965 Arya Samaj Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi - 5
4. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110 003
5. The Orion Institute of Capital Market, S- 11, Adarshini Plaza, 91, Adchini, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
6. The UTI Insitute of capital Market, Plot 82, Sector - 17, Vashi, nave Mumbai - 400 705
What is Forex?
Different countries have different money. U.S. Dollar... Japanese Yen... Euro...There are about 8 major world currencies and over 100 minor ones.
When someone wants to exchange Dollars for Yen, he uses the Dollar/Yen Foreign Exchange rate, or Forex for short.
Forex is BIG. Much bigger than the stock market. Forex is the largest financial market in the world, with billions of dollars worth of trades every single day, mostly by large national banks and foreign governments.
The huge back and forth trading of currencies means that an exchange rate like the Euro/Dollar doesn't stay at one level for very long. It changes minute by minute, like prices on a stock chart, but 24 hours a day (because it's always daytime somewhere in the world), giving individual traders plenty of opportunities to make money.
The Seed Industry
1. Genetics & Plant breeding:
Breeding is a creation of variation in strength for any seed producing organization. The qualified breeder should have a creative and selective eye towards selecting plants for breeding programmes.
Agronomy is called the “mother of agriculture”. Before release of the new hybrid seeds or varieties, it is mandatory for the seed producers to test the seed for multi location trials. Agronomists also have the opportunity to look after the seed production units.
Damage to crop by insect pests is common. The entomologist designs crop-wise admissible insect levels using various crop protection techniques and crop-insect specific control measures.
Biotechnology has paved the way for the introduction of transgenic crops. Biotechnologists can determine seed quality parameters faster through simpler molecular techniques and Genetic marker studies.
5. Seed Technology:
Seed technologists monitor supply of best quality seeds, production. Quality testing for different parameters like germination, physical purity, and moisture contents are assessed and maintained to certain standard prescribed on the Seed act before final packaging for marketing.
6. Plant Pathology:
Disease is one of the major constraints in getting high yield. Pathologists have a role to take the challenge to find out the feasible solutions.
7. Soil Science:
Students from soil science also have enough opportunity in the seed industry in studying the plant-soil relation and their interactions.
Reputed Agricultural Institutes:
1) Indian Agricultural Institute (IARI), New Delhi. It is a premier agriculture institute in India and has international reputation. IARI is a deemed university and has only postgraduate studies (Masters & Doctorate) with limited seats. For getting admission B.Sc. agricultural graduates need to get rank in the top order in JRF examination. For doctoral programme, IARI –Ph.D entrance (open for all India competition) will be conducted. Website: www.iari.res.in
2) G.B Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttaranchal. It has a good reputation. All agricultural subjects are taught here. Website: www.gbpuattech.ac.in
3) Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab. The university has outstanding achievements in agricultural research, education and extension. Website: www.pau.edu
4) CCS Agricultural University, Hissar, Haryana. HAU has international repute for its advances in high yielding crops. Website: www.haryanaonline.com/hau.htm
5) Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Andhra Pradesh. It is a reputed university having 13 colleges in Agriculture, Veterinary, Home Science, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries and Polytechnics. Website: www.medistudies.com/ ngranga/ngranga.htm
6) University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka. It has multiple research centres and good infrastructure in the field of agriculture. Website: www.uasd.edu/introduction.htm
7) Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vidyalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal. The University is one of the pioneer institutes of Agricultural Education, Research and Extension. Website: www.bckv.edu.in
8) Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa. It is also one of the oldest Agricultural Universities in India. Website: www.ouat.ac.in
9) Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur, Orissa. JNKV has good reputation in the agricultural research. Website: www.jnkvv.nic.in
10) Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It is one of the oldest reputed Agricultural University dealing with multidisciplinary departments, especially in Plant Breeding and genetics. Website: www.tnau.ac.in
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
pathology is the study of disorders of speech and language. The field was
referred to as ‘Speech and Hearing’ in earlier literature. Speech-language
pathologists, sometimes also called speech therapists, asses, diagnose, treat
and help prevent speech, language, cognitive, communication, voice, swallowing,
fluency and other related disorders. They provide a range of services including
prevention, identification, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, teaching,
counseling and consultation. They also engage themselves in basis and apply
research activities related to human communication problems in language,
speech, voice and fluency. They work with people who cannot make speech sounds
or cannot make them clearly; those with speech rhythm and fluency problems,
such as stuttering. They also work with people who have swallowing difficulties.
Audiology is the study of hearing and its problems. An Audiologist measures a person’s hearing. Diagnosis hearing loss and prescribes a suitable hearing aid whenever necessary. He/she may also be involved in auditory rehabilitation of hearing impaired children and adults. Hearing screening, noise measurement may also be part of an Audiologist’s job requirement. Audiologists assess the extent of hearing loss, balance and related disorders and recommend appropriate treatment. These services are provided to people who are deaf or hard of hearing and persons at risk if hearing loss due to noise exposure, genetic causes or middle ear infections. Audiologists also work with children and adults who need aural rehabilitation, such as auditory training and speech reading and educate parents and professionals on the preventions of hearing loss. They provide information and training on al aspects of hearing and balance to other professions including psychology, counseling, rehabilitation and education.
Speech-language pathologists use written and oral tests, as well as special instruments to diagnose the nature and extent of impairment and to record and analyze speech, language and swallowing irregularities. They develop an individualized plan of care, tailored to each patient’s needs. Speech language pathologists help patients develop or recover reliable communication skills so that the patients can fulfill their educational, vocational and social roles.
Some Indian institutes that offer this course (RCI recognized):
* All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Manasagangotri, Mysore.
* Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Hearing Handicapped (AYJNIHH), Bandra Reclamation, Bandra West, Mumbai.
* AYJNIHH, NRC, Kasturba Niketan, Lajpat Nagar-II, New Delhi.
* AYJNIHH, SRC, Manovikas Nagar, Secunderabad.
* AYJNIHH, CRC Kolkata.
* Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Sector-12, Chandigarh.
* Nair Charitable Hospital, Dr. A.L Nair Road, Mumbai.
* JSS Medical College, Mysore.
* Helen Keller’s Institute of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, Bank Colony, Secunderabad.
* Dr.M.V Shetty Institute of Speech and Heating, AB Shetty circle, Hampanakatta, Mangalore.
* Dr. SRC Institute of Speech and Hearing, Kariyana palya, Lingarajapuram, Bangalore.
List of Institutions In
Homoeopathy: is German in origin. it follows a holistic method of treatment by giving equal importance to the patient's personality traits and the symptoms of his affiction. Homoeopathy is most effective in the treatment of allergies.
Ayurveda: is an indigenous science whose origins can be traced to very ancient times. it emphasises the preventive rather than the curative. Apart form intake of medicine, Ayurveda prescribes special massages, and herbal that are invigorating and resuscitating.
Naturopathy: Closely allied with Ayurveda is the field of Naturopathy which emphasises the natural as opposed to the synthetic. Natural foods, natural remedies, disciplined and systematic living in harmony with nature are the driving principles of this field of medicine.
Siddha: is practiced in Tamil Nadu and is also an ancient form of medicine. It uses herbal remedies, alchemy and pressure point massages to alleviate sickness and pain. It emphasises the use of the remedial properties inherent in the natural enviornment.
Unani Medicine: is based on the Hippocratic Philosophy that good health depends on the balance of the elements and humours in the human system. Unani Medicine was developed into an elaborate therapeutic system by the Arabs. Remedies include herbal concoctions, diet conctrol, physical exercise and some animal based drugs.
Tibetan Medicine: is a synthesis of ancient Tibetan, Chinese and Persian medicine. There are over 32 Tibetan Medicine and Astro Institutes (TMAI) all over the country with a permanent clinic set up in Delhi. Remedies include herbs, fruits, flowers, mineral and metallic concoctions as well as acupressure and massage. The modern world is a veritable horbed for alternative therapies. The stresses and strains of life are so overwhelming that more people are actively responding to the alternative forms of cure. Today the repertoire of strange and uncommon therapies include such esoteric names as Reiki, Mahikari, Pranic healing, T.M. etc.
There are 130 plus homoeopathic colleges spread all over the country. Most colleges offer degree level training while post graduate programmes are available at the colleges in jaipur, Mumbai, Orissa, Bangalore, Calcutta and Calicut.
Details about courses can be obtained from:
The Central Council of Homoeopathy, Jawaharlal Nehru Bharatiya Chikitsa Evum Homoeopathy, Anushandhan Bhavan, No. 61-65 Institutional Area. Opp. D. Block, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110 058.
M.D. (Homoeopathy) is Offered at:
1. National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block GE, Sector III, Bidhan Nagar, Calcutta-700 091.
2. Fr. Muller's Homoeopathic College, PB No. 501, Kanakanady, Mangalore-575 002.
3. Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Gulbarga-585 105.
4. AM Shaikh Homoeopathic Medical College, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum-590 010.
5. Bhartesh Homoeopathic Medical College, Belgaum-590 016.
6. Dr. VH Dave Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Hahnemann Houdr, Snsnf-388 001.
7. Jaisoorya Potti Sreeramulu Govt. Homoeopathic Medical College, Ramanathapuram, Hyderabad-500 013.
8. Dhondumama Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune.
9. Dt. M.L. Dhawale Memorial Trust, 40, Parekh Street, Girgaum, Mumbai-400 001.
10. DKMM Homoeopathic Medical College, Guru Ganesh Nagar, Aurangabad-431 122.
Institutions offereing DHMS and BHMS Course:
1. Adarsh Shikshan Sansthar, Somajrao Kshirsagar Homoeopathic Medical College, Beed, Maharashtra.
2. Anantha Laxmi Government Ayurveda College, Station Road, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Athurasramam NSS Homoeopathic Medical College, Sachivothamapuram, Kottayam, Kerala, Phone: 0481-430729.
4. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Gaya, Bihar.
5. Dr. BRKR Government Ayurvedic College, Bandar Road, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Dr. Guruji Government Homoeopathic Medical College, Gudivada, District Krishna, Andhra Pradesh.
7. Dr. Padiyar Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College, Ernakulam, Kerala, Phone: 0484-711030.
8. Fr. Muller's Homoeopathic Medical College, Kankanady, Mangalore, Karnataka.
9. Gava Homoeopathic Medical College, Gaya, Bihar.
10. Government Homoeopathic Medical College, Cuddapah, Andhra Pradesh.
11. Government Homoeopathic Medical College, East Part, Trivandrum, Kerala, Phone: 0471-459459
12. Govt. Homoeopathic Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, Phone: 0495-370883.
13. Guwahati University, Guwahati, Assam.
14. JSPS Government Homoeopathic Medical College, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
15. KNH Medical College, Barari Road, Bhagalpur, Bihar.
16. Magadh Homoeopathic Medical College, Bihar Sharif, Nalanda, Bihar
17. Muzaffarpur Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
18. NR Sastry Government Ayurveda College, Bandar Road, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
19. RBTS Government Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
20. Shri. Bhagwan Homoeopathi Medical College, CIDCO, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
21. Smt. Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Homoeopathic Medical College, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
22. SV Ayurveda College, IT Devasthanams, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
P.G. Programmes in Ayurveda are:
1. Amravati University, Amravati- 444 602.
2. Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar-361 008.
3. Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 011.
4. Mahatma Gandhi Gramoday Vishwavidyalay, Chitrakoot-485 331, Madhya Pradesh.
5. National Institute of Ayurveda, (established by Govt. of India), Madhav Vilas Palace, Amer Road, Jaipur-302 002.
6. Punjabi University, Patiala-147 002.
7. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore-560 004.
8. Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth (National Academy of Ayurveda), Dhanwantri Bhavan, Road No. 66, Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi-100 026.
9. Swami Ramanad Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded-431 603.
10. Tamil NAdu Dr. MGR Medical University, Guindy, Chennai-620 032.
11. University of Health Science, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada-520 008.
12. University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-685 034.
13. University of Pune, Pune-411 007.
14. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur-302 004.
15. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar-751 004.
Institutions offering Degree level courses:
1. ALN Rao Memorial Ayurveda Medical College, Koopa, District Chickmangalur, Karnataka.
2. Amravati University, Amravati-444 602.
3. Aryakanya Shuddha Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Kareli Bagh, Vadodra, Gujarat.
4. Ashtang Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, 2062, Sadeshiv Peth, Vijayanagar Colony, Pune, Maharashtra.
5. AV Samiti's Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Bijapur, Karnataka.
6. Awadesh Pratap Singh Vishwavidyalaya, Rewa, Madhra Pradesh.
7. Ayurveda and Unani Tibbia College, Ajmal Khan Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
8. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya (Shri Shivaji Nagar), Tal Rahuri, Rahuri Factory, Dist. Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
9. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Ganeshwadi, Panchavati, Nasik, Maharashtra.
10. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Higgeri Extn., Old Hubli, Karnataka.
11. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Near Sion Railway Station, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
12. Berhampur University, Berhampur, Orissa.
13. Bundelkhand Government Ayurveda College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
14. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
15. DMM Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Aarni Road, Shivaji Nagar, Yeotmal, Maharashtra.
16. Gopabandhu Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Puri, Orissa.
17. Government Akhandanand Ayurveda College, Opp-Victoria, Garden, Bhara, Ahmedabad, Gujarat-1
18. Government Ashtang Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya and Hospital, Lokmanya Nagar, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
19. Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Balangir, Orissa.
20. Government Ayurved College, Patiala, Punjab.
21. Government Ayurved College, Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Jagat Ganj, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
22. Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh.
23. Government Ayurved College Kadam Kuan, Patna, Bihar-800 003.
24. Government Ayurved College, Ajwa Road, Vadodra, Gujarat-362 001.
25. Government Ayurved College, Dhanwantri Nagar, Tripunithura, Ernakulam District, Kerala, Phone: 0484-777374.
26. Government Ayurved College, Gorakhpur, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
27. Government Ayurved College, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
28. Government Ayurved College, Mg Road, Trivandrum, Kerala, Phone: 0471-460190.
29. Government Ayurved College Raipur, Madhya Pradesh.
30. Government Ayurved College Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.
31. Government Ayurved College, Sadar Bagh, Junagarh, Gujarat.
32. Government Ayurveda College, Vazirabad, Nanded, Maharashtra.
33. Government Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Raje Raghuji Nagar, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
34. Government Ayurveda College, Tuijapur Road, Madhuban, Osmanabad, Maharashtra.
35. Government College of Indian Medicine and Hospital, Vishweshwariah Circle, Sayajrao Road, Mysore, Karnataka-574 134.
36. Government College of Indian Medicine, Dhanwantri Road, Bangalore, Karnataka.
37. Government Dhanwantri Ayurveda College, Mangalnath Road, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
38. Government Rishikul Ayurveda College, Gurukul Kangri, Haridwar, Uttar Pradesh.
39.Government Taranath Ayurveda College, Anantapur Road, Bellary, Karnataka.
40. Govt. Ayurveda College, Kannur, Kerala, Phone: 0497-800167.
41. Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar-361 008.
42. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab.
43.Hari Singh Gaur Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh.
44. Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla Himachal Pradesh.
45. JB Roy State Ayurved College and Hospital, Raja Dinendra Street, Calcutta, West Bengal
46. Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 011.
47. JS Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, College Road, Nadiad, Gujarat-387 001.
48. Kameshwar Singh Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
49. Kanpur University, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
50. Karmavir Vyankatrao Tanaji Randhir Ayurveda College, Boradi, Tal Shirpur District, Dhule, Maharashtra.
51. Karnataka Liberal Education Society, Shri BM Kankanwadi Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Shahapur, Belgaum, Karnataka.
52. Karnataka University, Dharwar, Karnataka
53. Kaviraj Anatha Tripathy Sarma Ayurved College, Ankushpur, Ganjam, Orissa.
54. Kuvempur University, Shimoga, Karnataka.
55. Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Handia, allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
56. Lucknow University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
57. Maharashi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana.
58. Maharashtra Arogya Mandal, Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra.
59. Mahatma Gandhi Gramoday Vishwavidyalay, Chitrakoot-485 331, Madhya Pradesh.
60. Mangalore University, Mangalore, Karnataka.
61. Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
62. MG University, Kottayam, Kerala.
63. MGR University, Madra, Tamil Nadu.
64. MMM Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
65. Mohta Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Sadulpur, Dist. Churu, Rajasthan.
66. Mumbai University, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
67. National Institute of Ayurved, Madhav Vilas Palace, Amer Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
68. National Institute of Ayurveda, (established by Govt. of India), Madhav Vilas Palace, Amer Road, Jaipur-302 002.
69. Pankaja Kasthuri Ayurveda Medical College, Kattakkada, Thiruvananthapuram
70. Parasinikadauv Ayurveda Medical College, Kannur
71. Parasrampuriya Ayurved College, Sikar, Rajasthan.
72. Punjab University, Chandigarh, Punjab.
73. Punjab University, Patiala, Punjab.
74. Punjabi University, Patiala-147 002.
75. RA Poddar Medical College (Ayurveda), Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
76. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore-560 004.
77. Rajkiya Ayodhya Shivkumari Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Begusarai, Bihar-851 101.
78. Rajkiya Ayurveda Mahavidhyalaya, Paprola, District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh-176 115.
79. Rajkiya Lalit Hari Ayurved College, Pilibhit, Uttar Pradesh.
80. Rajkiya Maharani Rameshwari Bhartiya Chikitsa Vigyan Sansthan, Mohanpur, Darbhanga, Bihar-7.
81. Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur, Madhra Pradesh.
82. Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth (National Academy of Ayurveda), Dhanwantri Bhavan, Road No. 66, Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi-100 026.
83. Ravi Shankar Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, Madhya Pradesh.
84. Ravindernath Mukherji Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, District Champaran, Motihari, Bihar.
85. Sambalpur University, Sambalpur, Orissa.
86. Santhagiri Ayurveda Medical College, Palakkad.
87. Seth Chandanmal Mutha Aryangla Vaidyak Mahavidyalaya, Gendamal, Satara, Maharashtra.
88. Seth Govindji Raoji Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, 21/A/13, Budhwar Peth, Samrat Chock, Sholapur, Maharashtra.
89. Seth JP Government Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Opp. Sardar Bagh, Bhadra, Bhavnagar, Gujarat-364 001.
90. Sh Gangadhar Shastri Gune, Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Vishrambag, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
91. Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
92. Shree Devi Ayurvedic Medical College, Ballabag, Mangalore-575 003. Ph: 0824-456501, 456511;
93. Shri Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Dhanwantri Marg, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
94. Shri Balahanuman Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, PO Lodra, Dist, Mehsana, Gujarat.
95. Shri Bhanwarlal Dugar Ayurved Vishvabharati (Gandhi Vidya Mandir), Sardar Sheher, Dist. Churu, Rajasthan.
96. Shri Dhanwantry Ayurved College and Pandi Kedarnath Memorial Ayurved Hospital, Sector 460 B, Chandigarh, Punjab.
97. Shri DM College of Ayurveda, Udupi, Karnataka
98. Shri Gulab Kunverba Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Dhanwantri Mandri, Jamnagar, Gujarat-361 001.
99. Shri Gurudev Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Gurukunj Ashram (Mozari) Amravati, Maharashtra.
100. Shri Krishna Government Ayurveda College, Kurukshetra, Haryana-132 118.
101. Shri Lakminarayan Ayurved College, Sant Tulsi Das Marg, Amritsar, Punjab.
102. Shri Maru Singh Memorial Mahila Ayurveda Degree College, Kanya Gurukul, Khanpur Kalan, Sonepat, Haryana.
103. Shri Mastnath Ayurveda College, Asthal Bohar, Rohtak, Haryana-124 001.
104. Shri Nrusinghanath Ayurved College and Research Institute, Nrusinghanath, PO Paikmal, Dist. Sambalpur, Orissa.
105. Shri OH Nazar Ayurveda College, Near Railway Station, Shri Swami Atmanand Saraswati Road, Surat, Gujarat-395 003.
106. Shri Radha Krishna Tosnniwal, Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Station Road, Akola, Maharashtra.
107. Shri Venkatarmana Ayurved College, 144, Kutchery Road, Mylapore, Madras, Tamil Nadu.
108. Smt. KG Mittal Punarvasu Ayurveda College, Netaji Subhash Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
109. Sri Yatindra Narayan Ashtang, Ayurveda College, PO Champanagar, Bhagalpur, Bihar-812 004.
110. SRM Government Ayurved College, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
111. State Ayurved College, Tulsidas Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
112. Swami Kalyandev Government Ayurved College, Rampur, Uttar Pradesh.
113. Swami Raghvandracharya Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Karjara Stationa, PO Manjholi, Gaya, Bihar
114. Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded-431 603.
115. Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Guindy, Chennai-620 032.
116. Tilak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, 583/2, Rasta Peth, Pune, Maharashtra.
117. University of Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka.
118. University of Calicut, Calicut, Kerala.
119. University of Delhi, Delhi.
120. University of Gulbarga, Gulbarga, Karnataka.
121. University of Health Science, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada-520 008.
122. University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-695 034.
123. University of Kerala, Trivanduram, Kerala.
124. University of Pune, Pune, Maharashtra.
125. University of Pune, Pune-411 007.
126. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
127. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur-302 004.
128. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
129. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa.
130. Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Trichur, Kerala, Phone: 0487-352503.
131. Vasant Dada Patil Ayurveda Medical College, South Shivajinagar, Sangli, Maharashtra.
132. Vidarbha Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Hanuman Nagar, Amravati, Maharashtra.
133. Vikram University, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
134. Vishnu Ayurveda College, Shornur, Palakkad.
135. VPS Varier Ayurveda College, Kottakal-676 503, Edarikode, Malappuram District, Kerala.
136. Kalmathada Pujya Shri Virupaksha Sivacharya Ayurved Medical College and Hospital,Manvi , Raichur Dist - Karnataka - India Pincode : 584123
Colleges in India imparting training in Naturopathy:
1. Gandhi Nature Cure College, Hyderabad, AP.
2. JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Ootty, Tamil Nadu.
3. Madras Medical College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Madras, Tamil Nadu.
4. Sree Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Ujire, Karnataka.
5. Sree Ramakrishna Medical College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Kulasekharam, Tamil Nadu.
6. The TN Medical College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
Institutions offering PG Courses in Unani Medicine:
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202 002
2. University of Health Science, Vijayawada-520 008, Andhra Pradesh.
Institutions offering Degree & Diploma Courses in Unani Medicine:
1. Ajmal Khan Tibbia College, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh-1.
2. Ayurved and Unani Tibbia College, Ajmal Khan Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi-110 005.
3. Dr. Abdul Haq Unani Medical College and Hospital, Park Road, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh-518 001.
4. Government Nizamia Tibbia College, Charminar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh-500 002.
5. Government Tibbia College, Kadam Kuan, Patna, Bihar-3.
6. Government Unani Medical College, Arignar Anna Government Hosptial of Indian Medicine Campus, Madras, Tmail Nadu.
7. Govt. Unani Medical College, Indian Red Cross Society Building, Race Course Road, Bangalore, Karnataka-9.
8. Hamdard Tibbia College, Jamia Hamdrad, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi-110 062.
9. Jamiya Arabiya Rashidiya Taj Tibbia College, Jamia Arabia, Rasheed Nagar, Nall Saheb Road, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
10. Mohameddia Tibbia College and Assayer Hospital, PO Mansoora, Malegaon, Dist, Nasik, Maharashtra.
11. Rajasthan Unani Tibbla College, Handipura, Chawkri Ram Chandra Ji, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
12. Rajputna Unani Tibbla College, Khandarka-Darwaza, Near Char Darwaza, Jaipur, Rajasthan-302 002.
13. SH Unani Tibbia College and Hospital, Ganpati Naka, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh-150 331.
14. State Unani Medical College, Himmatganj, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-211 003.
15. Takmil Utib College and Hospital, Abdul Aziz Road, Jhawal Tola, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh-226 003.
16. Tibbia College and Hospital, Nagpada, Hazrat Mohani Chowk, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400 008.
17. Unani Medical College and Hospital, Gulshane-Masoom, Azam Colony, Dargah Road, Prabhani, Maharashtra.
18. Unani Medical College and Hospital, KB Hidayatully Road, New Modi Khana, Pune, Maharashtra.
19. Zulfiqar Haidar Unani Medical College and Hospital, Bari Road, Gaya, Bihar.
Colleges offering training in Siddha Medicine:
1. Government Siddha Medical Colleg, Dr. MGR University, Palayamkottai, Tamil NAdu.
2. Government Siddha Medical College, Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Madras, Tamil Nadu.
3. Santhagiri Sidha College, Koliacode, Tiruvananthapuram.
Education in TM is imparted at 3 TMAI centres in India. Viz. the TMAI Head Quarters at Dharamasala and the TMAI centres at Darjeeling and Varanasi.
Courses Related to
Travel and Tourism
1. Bachelor in Tourism Studies - Travel and Tourism.
2. Basic Course in Airlines,Travel Agency & Tour Operation Management.
3. Certificate Course in Tourism Studies.
4. Certificate Course in Travel & Tourism
5. Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management.
6. Diploma in Travel & Tourism.
7. Master in Travel Administration.
8. Vocational Course in Travel & Tourism.
9. Master of Tourism Administration(MTA).
10. Master of Business Administration(MBA).
11. PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism
List of Institutions In India
Institutes offering Master of Tourism Administration & PG Courses:
1. Al-Ameen Institute of Management Studies, Hosur Road (Opp. Lalbagh Main Gate), Bangalore-560 027.
2. Awadesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa, MP.
3. Bundelkhand University, School of Tourism & Hotel Management, Kanpur Road, Jhansi-284128, UP.
4. Centre for Tourism and Travel Management Studies, Jiwaji University, Gwalior-474 001.
5. Centre for Tourism Studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry-605 014, Tamil Nadu.
6. Dayananda Sagar Institutions, Kumaraswamy Layout, Near Banashankari Temple, Bangalore-560 078.
7. Department of Business Management, Punjabi University, Patiala-147 002.
8. HNB Garhwal University, Department of Tourism, Srinagar (garhwal)-246 174.
9. Himachal Pradesh University, Institute of Management Studies, H.P. University, Shimla-171 005, Himachal Pradesh.
10. Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya University, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
11. Institute of Social Sciences and Research, "Green woods", Jobberpet, Vellore-63 006. Tamil NAdu.
12. Institute of Tourism Studies, Lucknow University, Lucknow-226 007, Uttar Pradesh.
13. Jai Narain University, Department of Management Studies, Jaswant Campus, Jodhpur-342 001.
14. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra-136 119, Haryana.
15. Madurai Kamraj University, Directorate of Distance Education, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021.
16. Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431 004, Maharashtra.
17. Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal-624 102, Temil NAdu.
18. Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur-515 003, Andhra Pradesh.
Other Courses in Travel & tourism:
1. Barkatullah University's Stuy Centre, Directorate of Continuing Education, People's Action Trust, F-55/107, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110 016 offers Post Graduate Diploma in tourism & Hotel Management (Correspondence Degree Course).
2. Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry-605 014 - offers 1-yers Post Graduate Diploma in tourism Administration (PGDTA) through correspondence.
3. Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Social Sciences, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110 068. offers Masters in tourism Management. Duration: Minimum 2 years and maximum 4 years.
4. Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel Studies (KITTS), Thiruvananthapuram (Established and run by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of Kerala) offers Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Tourism).
5. Mother Teresa Women's University, Women's University College, Kodaikanal-624 102 offers 2-year MA (Tourism & Travel Management)
IATA Courses: International Air Transport Association (LATA) is a world orgnisation of transport with head offices at Geneva. IATA provides travel, tourism and cargo industry recognised standard in training.
IATA/UFTAA Standard, Advanced & Travel Agents, Marketing Courses.
IATA/FLATA Cargo Agents Introductory, InternationalAir Cargo Rating, Dangerous Goods Refresher Courses.
List of IATA/UFTAA and LATA/FIATA Authorised Training Centres in India:
1. Chavara School of Tourism Studies, Chavara Centra Road, Near South Railway Station, Kochi-682 011, Ph: 0484-2377341.
2. Globe College of Travel and Tourism, Mangalore
3. Hindustan Marine Electronics Inst. Ludhiana.
4. IATA/FLATA Cargo Intro/Rating/DG Steps, Calcutta.
5. IATA India, Apeejay Chambers 3rd Floor, Wallace Street, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
6. IHCTM, Colaba, Mumbai, Branch: Mumbai-Mahim
7. India, International Trade Center. Center Narinian Point, Mumbai, Branches: Bangalore, New Delhi.
8. Institute of Air Travel Studies, Central Junction, Adoor-691 523, Kerala.
9. Institute of Airlines and Travel Agencies, Chennai.
10. International Air Fare Desk, Mumbai-Colaba, Branch: Ahmedabad.
11. International Airline Academy, Chennai.
12. School of Airline & Travel Management, 35/1148, Warriam Road, Cochin-682 016.
13. SITA Academy, New Delhi.
14. Skyline Education Institute, New Delhi.
15. Speedwings Academy for Aviation Services, 44/962A, Enchakalody Buildings, L.F.C. Road, Kaloor, Cochin-682 017.
16. Swastik School of Travel and Tourism Studies, Swastik Centre, M.G. Road, Thiruvananthapuram-685 001.
17. Trade Wings Institute of Management, Mumbai-Fort, Branches: Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, Secunderabad, Goa, New Delhi, Calcutta.
18. Training Institute for Travel Trade, New Delhi, Branch: Mumbai-Andheri East.
19. Travel Millennium, Kochulloor, Thiruvananthapuram-695 011.
20. Vista Cocord School of Airlines & Travel Studies, Calcutta.
21. Kuoni Academy of Travel - KAT Head office: Kuoni House, 5th Floor, N F Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400001 Ph: (00 91 200) 6656 2000 Fax: (00 91 22) 6656 2009 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kuoniacademy.co.in
1. Institute of Travel and Tourism, 113 Victoria Street, ST. Albans, Herts, AL1 3TJ.
2. The Travel Training Company, The Cornerstone, The Broadway, Working, Survey GU SAR.
3. The Institute of Certified Travel Agents, P.O. Box 812059, 48 Linden Street, Wellesley, MA 02181-0012.
Tool and Die Making
List of institutions
01. CIHT, Jalandhar, SIDO TR
02. Central Institute of Tool Design, Hyderabad (an UNDP Pro) SIDO TR.
03. Central Tool Room (Indo-German), Ludhiana, SIDO TR
04. CTTC (An Indo-Danish Pro.) Bhubaneshwar, SIDO TR.
05. CTTC (An Indo-Danish Pro.), Kolkata.
06. Indo-Danish Tool Room. Jamshedpur, SIDO TR.
07. Indo-German Tool Room, Ahmedabad, SIDO TR.
08. Indo-German Tool Room, Aurangabad, SIDO TR.
09. TRTC, Guwahati, SIDO TR.
10. Indo-German Tool Room, Indore SIDO TR.
11. Central Institute of Plastic Engg. & Tech., Chennai and its Extension Centres.
12. GTTC (An Indo-Danish Pro) Bangalore and Mysore and its Extension Centres. Karnataka State owned Institute.
13. Institute of Tool Engineering, Dindigul/ GTTC Chennai. TN State owned Institute.
14. TRTC (An Indo-Danish) Delhi State owned Institute.
15. CSIO, A CSIR Complex, Chandigarh.
16. NTTF-A professionally Managed Premier Institution, Bangalore, Katpati, Tellichery, Dharwad, Hyd